MAC Cosmetic Software

Miss_Behave

I don't know if this is the right place - Mods, feel free to move.

Ok, my boyfriend wants to program a software for my make-up, and I'm thinking about some features that would be cool. I'm sure there are tons of features I can't think of, so I'm asking you: what should a MAC software do?

my ideas:
- make-up expense tracker
- storeage of FOTD and facecharts AND I want to be able to search for an e/s color combo. like: I search for slip pink and get the facecharts that use this color.
- I would love to have a MAC shelf that shows all the products I have like this software , but that won't work because MAC doesn't have product pics
ssad.gif

- when I use a facechart, it shows the colors I already have and the ones I'm missing.

anything else?

user2

You can take pics for your shelf!

Maybe a calendar like Specktra's that shows you all the upcoming stuff and that adds your purchase?

But once it's done you will share the software with us or at least with me?
smiles.gif

Miss_Behave

or maybe I can get a deal with sonrisa and her website since she has a lot of product pics
smiles.gif

sure I will share! at least with mac (meaning apple) users. maybe he will do a windows version aswell, depend how complicated it is

pale blue

I use Delicious Library (for Macs) http://www.delicious-monster.com/ to catalogue all my makeup in a (fun & interesting) way. Plus you can use the widget to do a search of your database. The only thing is I haven't taken all the pictures of the products, because that would be SO time consuming for me, so my shelves look kind of boring.

If you do make this software for Macs, I'll gladly be a beta tester!
greengrin.gif

iheartjuppy

Is Delicious Library only for Macintosh/Apple computers? Do you find it worth the $? I'm definitely interested!

pale blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy
Is Delicious Library only for Macintosh/Apple computers? Do you find it worth the $? I'm definitely interested!

I thought it was definitely worth the money for me. Between my fiance and I, we have SO many cd's and tons of dvd's and games that Delicious makes it really easy to catalogue everything. The software is so beautifully written, it's so cool to see everything all lined up on the shelves and see all the information about it. I'm pretty sure it's only for Macs, but maybe there's a Windows equivalent by another company?