MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

esmeralda89

can someone please post the pictures from the blog you guys are talking about, because as much as i tried i cant find them because i dont understand the language
ssad.gif
thanks in advance!

Note**** never mind i found them i shoud have read all of the post before cliking on the link lol!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I'm not sure. The collector in me wants something just to have it, but I'm not "dying" to own any of this. At first I was, but now, not so much. I don't know. The only thing I know for sure is that CAM is friggin' hot as hell in her new avatar!!!

heart.gif
th_hug.gif
Thank you!!!! I love u and miss u
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Yeah...it may be just the glosses and Varicose Vein n/p for me. If the pink powder is really flattering, I might get it, too, but my initial excitement for this collection is quickly fading. I'm wayyyyy more excited for BBR.

panther27

I can't wait to see a swatch of Varicose vein nl,I am very excited to see it.Erine,have you seen it yet?I am just wondering if it is more purple or lavendar.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia
based on this blog's photos... the beauty powders are tempting me!
drools.gif
oh nooooo!

again, these aren't beauty powders. they are highlight powders, and the shimmer is just on the top layer, not all the way thru them. the under layer is more matte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I can't wait to see a swatch of Varicose vein nl,I am very excited to see it.Erine,have you seen it yet?I am just wondering if it is more purple or lavendar.

its more lavender. its almost the same color as the purple oval under the specktra.net logo. does that help?

Twinkle_Twinkle

darkishstar

I think since I'm so disappointed with HK, I can get myself Kanga-Rouge AND Possum Nose Pink.

Much hate for HK right now.
ssad.gif

Susanne

I already can't sleep beacuse I am thinking about this since many days
lol.gif

MAC_Whore, are these descriptions of the lipglasses mixed up maybe??

Lipglass (LE) $14.00USD
  • Hot Frost – Sheer mid-tone blue pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (frost)
  • Splendid – Frosty pale pinky coral (frost)
  • Possum Nose Pink – Sheer bright coral with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (frost)
I think of Splendid and Possum Nose Pink?

Should not Possum Nose Pink be the pinky coral??
hmm.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
again, these aren't beauty powders. they are highlight powders, and the shimmer is just on the top layer, not all the way thru them. the under layer is more matte.

What are they meant to do? Would they show up on my nc43 skin or shall i just skip them?
Thanks Erine!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
lol.gif

Lipglass (LE) $14.00USD
  • Hot Frost – Sheer mid-tone blue pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (frost)
  • Possum Nose Pink – Sheer bright coral with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (frost)

hmm.gif

Maybe it's not supposed to make sense because it's Dame Edna? lol

Lizzie

Quote:
lol.gif

Lipglass (LE) $14.00USD

hmm.gif

I think the descriptions are right. Possum looks more reddish than pinkish to me. Hopefully you can get some sleep
greengrin.gif

rbella

I might get Spectacle, What a Dame, Coral Polyp and the coordinating l/g (currently listed as splendid on the swatch site). No e/s for me. Not interesting enough and I f*cking hate buying stuff with repromotes....

AdlersMommy22

okay those swatches have me seriously reconsidering my purchases.. I think that Coral polyp, possum nose, and Splendid may be everything to me that I wish Vegas Volt had been!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I think since I'm so disappointed with HK, I can get myself Kanga-Rouge AND Possum Nose Pink.

Much hate for HK right now.
ssad.gif

Yeah HK hasn't lived up to expectations. I want some things, but not a lot. But can I just say, who puts Yogurt in an eye shadow quad/palette. What am I supposed to do with that light chalky mess?!?!

Rinstar

I'm definitely more excited about this collection since I saw karen from make-up and beauty blog's swatches.
I'm definitely getting the Wisteria e/s trio now and probably 2 or 3 of the lipglasses. I was originally going to get only the Possum Nose l/g.

nunu

Can someone tell me if Hollywood Nights is simmilar to Gladiola?
I might purchase Gladiola because i lost my HN lipstick
ssad.gif

erine1881

Quote:
lol.gif

Lipglass (LE) $14.00USD

hmm.gif

possum is the bright one and splendid is the softer one, but i wouldn't say any of them are sheer really. i did have em mixed up in my swatches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
What are they meant to do? Would they show up on my nc43 skin or shall i just skip them?
Thanks Erine!

i really don't know what they are for. obviously the top layer would be used to highlight the cheekbone, collarbone, etc., but the rest of it is kinda pointless imo. the top shimmer layer would, but i don't think the rest of it would. it barely showed up on my nc/nw 20 skin.
ssad.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i really don't know what they are for. obviously the top layer would be used to highlight the cheekbone, collarbone, etc., but the rest of it is kinda pointless imo. the top shimmer layer would, but i don't think the rest of it would. it barely showed up on my nc/nw 20 skin.
ssad.gif

Thanks! I'm so skipping them!