MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathweezy
is it just me or it was a pain for me to take out the l/g and l/s out of the box i had to both open the the side flap and push it out??
th_dunno.gif
i just got the westeria pallete splendid and coral polyp [ugh i forgot my b2m and i coudnt wait to own 'em]

its because of the little quote inside the box. it takes up more room making it harder for the product to slide outta the box.

kobri

I agree, gladiola needs a gloss. I am loving it with pleasure principle dazzleglass

also: Kanga-rouge on me is like a ls version of cult of cherry lg- hot combo!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherox
i bought gladiola l/s but idk how i feel about it? it's suuper bright & i don't own any matte l/s so its diff for me i just wanted a 2nd opinion on how it looks on me! sorry i don't have any make up on just the l/s!

I personally think it looks nice on you.
smiles.gif
It's unique and different looking let's say that! It's almost like a matte pink for darker skinned girls, like how pale girls could wear Melrose Mood from Heatherette, this is the dark skin version!

Well, it looks like that to me!

AngelBunny

Here is a Kange-Rouge vs. Red, She Said comparison. Livia asked me if they were similar on my blog, but I thought I would share with everyone.

Kanga-RougevRedSheSaid.jpg

Kanga-RougevRedSheSaidonLips.jpg

Kanga-Rouge has less pink in it ... but I actually like it better! They are really similar though ... so unless you are a compulsive MAC buyer (like me!) you really don't need both. HTH

nadiya

Gladiola is hot! I'm thinking of getting it. Matte lipsticks make awesome stains too. You can apply just a little with your finger and put some lip balm over the top. Works great with my Russian Red.

dreamer246

Quote:
i bought gladiola l/s but idk how i feel about it? it's suuper bright & i don't own any matte l/s so its diff for me i just wanted a 2nd opinion on how it looks on me! sorry i don't have any make up on just the l/s!

Honestly, it's a pretty color but it looks a tad too cool on you. Maybe it's because you didn't have full makeup on. If you put on cool e/s and blush shades, they'll probably complement Gladiola and make you look better. I agree with the adding of lip gloss suggestions too, especially if you wanna reduce the intensity of the lippie.
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBunny
Kanga-Rouge has less pink in it ... but I actually like it better! They are really similar though ... so unless you are a compulsive MAC buyer (like me!) you really don't need both. HTH

That's the best thing I've read in the early morning! Hehe, thanks a lot! I'll see if I'm able to resist Kanga-Rouge and save some money for other collections.
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Does anyone have both DE Coral Polyp ls & Shine Manish lg? If so, I would love to know if the colors are similar in shade?

pcsocake

Quote:

I tried to resist this l/s but can't. Not after looking at it on you. You look absolutely fab with it!

jsky83

I just have to stand up for the highlight powders. I bought What a Dame and I LOVE it. The glittery overspray was nice but I found it a little too glittery. I am a NC15 and I use it all over kinda as a setting powder. Even with no overspray it gives a really pretty glow to my skin. Not chalky at all.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Does anyone have both DE Coral Polyp ls & Shine Manish lg? If so, I would love to know if the colors are similar in shade?

I do and they are similar but Shine Manish is more orange while Coral Polyp is more reddish pink?
Coral Polyp (top) Shine Manish (bottom)

2hgxovc.jpg

hth!

Princesa Livia

Can anyone post a comparison swatch between Gladiola, Melrose Mood, Girl About Town and Snob?.. I have all the other three I've mentioned, just not Gladiola so I'm wondering if it will be worth getting that one too if its different enough
cutey.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia
Can anyone post a comparison swatch between Gladiola, Melrose Mood, Girl About Town and Snob?.. I have all the other three I've mentioned, just not Gladiola so I'm wondering if it will be worth getting that one too if its different enough
cutey.gif

I don't have Girl About town so I didn't swatch that one. Swatches done on NW15 skin.

From Left to Right: Fashionably Fuchsia, Snob, Gladiola, Melrose Mood, and Too Fab

With Flash:
001-2.jpg

Without Flash:
005-1.jpg

TISH1124

Quote:

015-4.jpg

I LOVE this color on you....So Much this is the Only thing I purchased from this collection!! So pretty!!

thelove4tequila

Quote:

015-4.jpg

Wow I really really like that on you! No BSing either. I hope it looks that good on me when/if I get it 1
yes.gif

MACLovin

Wow, I was there saturday... collection has been out for 1 day already and the stickers on the lipsticks were already peeling off in the corners. Blah.. I have a feeling if I bought something from this collection the packaging would really annoy me. =/

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Wow, I was there saturday... collection has been out for 1 day already and the stickers on the lipsticks were already peeling off in the corners. Blah.. I have a feeling if I bought something from this collection the packaging would really annoy me. =/

I am planning to superglue all the stickers, so those babies are staying on!

brixton

love, love LOVE Gladiola, the only thing I got from Dame Edna. So happy to have a matte bright pink again, even if it's LE!

Still dreaming of Blow becoming permanent...they should do it as a tribute to Isabella...