MAC counter comming to the area..help me get the job!

Wontpayretail23

Finally a MAC counter is comming to the Rockford, IL. area here at our local Marshall Fields in the Cherry Vale Mall. The closest MAC counter now is WoodField mall which is a 100 mile round trip. I really would love working at that counter part-time. How would a novice like me with a huge makeup collection even get a job at that counter? I'm a student nurse this would just be fun time for me for free product and pocket money to support my makeup habbit.

Divinity

If you can do kick ass make-up, that's a HUGE must. If you haven't already, put together a profile of looks you have done. Customer service and sales experience really is a must too. They are even bigger sticklers on these two points. Every now and then you can find an ad looking for mac cosmetics employees on craiglist Chicago. The regional manager posts these ads when they are looking to fill spots in the area. I don't know if that includes Rockford, but responding to those ads are worth a shot and Kim is so nice. In the meantime, fill out an application and return it with a resume. I know it's a bit of a trip for you, but you can't wait until the Rockford store opens because then it's too late. Hope that helps!

Bernadette

Everything Divinty said and get on the ball now. They will obviously hire before they open so find out how to get in contact with the management there!