MAC Counter Inequity

MAChostage

Greetings,

I live in an area that has 2 MAC counters within a 50 or so mile radius, the newest opening closer to where I live just over a year ago. One carries a larger selection than the other (of course this would be the older, established counter, and is 50 miles away) but both are afflicted with the condition of not carrying many of the products that I would love to see up close and personal and otherwise get my hands on. Vanilla pigment is an example of this. Because these are smaller counters, they don't carry a lot of stuff. And get this, my local counter, located in a Belk department store, didn't even carry the Lure collection, for example, because the display was deemed "too racy"! You heard me right! What a crock... one of the downsides to living in the Bible Belt, I guess. Anyway, I suppose I just want to bitch, moan and vent but I really would love to be able to play with products and not just purchase blindly from the MAC website. Fortunately, my daughter attends school in Orlando and I only recently discovered that there is a Pro store there, so at least I can check out all kinds of stuff when I'm down that way.

I also said all of that to say: keep those pics coming! For the most part it's the only way I'm able to see what a lot of the products look like on real people of different colors! I'm NC43, BTW, so naturally I especially like to see pics of those of you with coloring similar to mine putting up pics of different colors on you! I love this site!
eyelove.gif

KeshieShimmer

The pro-store at Millenia is pretty cool. The MUA have always been very helpful when I come in. Have you went to the CCO in the premium outlets? Fantastic Clinique and a fair amount of MAC products. They had dollymix there.

I had thought that Belk went out of business. I never thought that Florida was considered apart of the bible belt. lol

Juneplum

the pro store at millenia is awesome! i lovvve that store.. my favorite ma just moved to that store! the florida mall store is okay... the CCO at the premium outlet had some great stuff when i went a couple months ago!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Where in Florida do you live? I am in Tampa... maybe we could plan a trip to the prostore
winks.gif

Who, me, Audrey? I live in NW FL. Don't usually get down that way unless it's got something to do with the kid.
lol.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Who, me, Audrey? I live in NW FL. Don't usually get down that way unless it's got something to do with the kid.
lol.gif

LOL! Gotcha!
smiles.gif

Marcita

No counters carry pigments on a regular basis. Only stand alone stores or Pro stores have pigments. If they are promoting a pigment with a collection that's when you'll find them. But if your daughter is near a store she can always pick it up for you.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
No counters carry pigments on a regular basis. Only stand alone stores or Pro stores have pigments. If they are promoting a pigment with a collection that's when you'll find them. But if your daughter is near a store she can always pick it up for you.

Hi, Marcita,

The problem I have is that I'm very "hands on", so to speak. That is, I've got to be able to see the product up front and personally try it, making sure it will work for me and I like it. I'm still looking into obtaining some pigment samples, though, so that may be the best thing for me in the interim.