MAC Couture November 2006 [color story]

enka

Now I know, why I passed on the holiday stuff...

The red l/s need to be tried by me....

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnachan
It's launching November 30 for North America and sometime in December for International.
As far as I know, it's not going to partnered locations (counters), only to stores.
and here's what's involved........
Everything is packaged in this HEAVY (feels so expensive) beautiful gunmetal studding... it's almost gem-like.. as far as i could see the lipglasses and lipsticks are packaged in square tubes/vials! (very chanel!)
The lipstick and lipglass formulas are new! The Couture lipstick is amazing - a lustre finish but much more colour payoff!!
Richmetal highlighter is an intense metallic, cream to powder, buildable highlighter safe for the face, eyes and body, but not lips.. it is super lightweight and blendable and not at all sticky or tacky like CCBs.
It's more $ because the product and packaging is cream of the cream.

It'll be displayed in a sealed glass box!! From the House Of MAC....

MAC Couture Lipstick $22 US/$26 CAN
Red No.5 - Rich raspberry red with soft red pearlized pigments
House of Style - Rose Pink with pearlized pigments
Couture - Plummed mauve with pink pealized pigments
Influential - Darkened peach with gold pearl pigments

MAC Couture Lipglass $20 US/$24 CAN
Prestigious - Sheer darkened plum with gold pearl pigments
Magnificent - Sheer bright pink with white pearl pigments
Collection '06 Sheer soft pinked peach with gold pearl pigments
Savoir Faire - Sheer light caramelle with gold pearl pigments

Richmetal Highlighter $22 US/$26 CAN
La Mode - Neutral Gold
Gilt Edge - Green cast gold
Rare and Refined - Rosed gold
Arc Silver - Pure platinum

Sheer Mystery Powder $45 US/$54 CAN
Light
Medium
Dark
Deep Dark

182 Brush - The handle is in the same metal stud that all the other stuff is packaged in $55 US/$66 CAN

MAC Couture Black Box $80 US/$90 CAN

MAC customer service e-mailed me that this collection *will* be offered online! Yipeeeee!
cheerleader.gif

User34

I don't think the packaging is all that at all. It looks cheaper then the reg. packaging. They could have done a better job with "couture"

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumeze
I don't think the packaging is all that at all. It looks cheaper then the reg. packaging. They could have done a better job with "couture"

I agree - it looks a lot like Sonia Kashuk/Revlon! The products themselves sound really nice though so hopefully that will make up for the cheapo-looking packaging. Although I need to see a picture of the 182 brush!!!

Ms. Z

MAC Couture Mystery Powder *PHOTOS ADDED*

I too woulld like to see a picture of the box and the brush, I'm not sure I will like the lip stuff, so maybe I'll get one of the other items.

BTH I just got the Mystery Powder!
rofl.gif
I'll post a photo tomorrow.

*PHOTOS ADDED*

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpease
MAC COUTURE has been launched here in Hong Kong yesterday!!! Yipeeeee!!!!

Have you seen the box & brush?

tokit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
Have you seen the box & brush?

I saw the brush. It has a square base which is bigger than the regular 182 base, also heavier. It has the same surface like the other COTOURE products.

lemurian

Did anyone else notice that in the promo pic with Jewelescent and Nocturnelle the Couture Richmetal highlighters had a round pan, but the one pictured above has a square pan? Is one for the display? If so, which?

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigmentJunkie
There are already 3 listings for the Mystery Powder on Ebay!

ebay.gif

I got mine from one of those sellers.

rnsmelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I too woulld like to see a picture of the box and the brush, I'm not sure I will like the lip stuff, so maybe I'll get one of the other items.

BTH I just got the Mystery Powder!
rofl.gif
I'll post a photo tomorrow.

*PHOTOS ADDED*

nice.. what is the circle MAC constainer next to the mystery powder? (is that the refill?) could you also post a pic of the refill, if it is not? and what color is the powder you have there? THANKS!!!

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigmentJunkie
There are already 3 listings for the Mystery Powder on Ebay!

ebay.gif

Where?? I went on ebay.com and couldn't find any...

amandaann

Does any body have pictures of the colors of the rich metal highlighterS? I am trying to decide which gold tint one i want.

PigmentJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Where?? I went on ebay.com and couldn't find any...

Oops sorry! I accidentally pressed "thanks" instead of quote. I just went back to ebay to see, and the auctions have all already ended. Here's the item # for one of them: 200047359372

LilLatnLdy

pre-ordered

I'm so excited I just pre-ordered over the phone a sheer mystery powder, savoir faire l/g, red no. 5 l/s and the arc silver highlighter! I can't wait to pick it up on Nov. 30th
cheerleader.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsmelody
nice.. what is the circle MAC constainer next to the mystery powder? (is that the refill?) could you also post a pic of the refill, if it is not? and what color is the powder you have there? THANKS!!!

Yes, that is the re-fill. The color is Medium.
The compact is really heavy & the re-fill is in a light weight plastic container.