MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyiona
Ugh a few YouTube reviews said the lipgloss started forming white film after a while I hope I don't have that problem

mine didn't.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Are people really hating Shock-a-holic? This makes me nervous....
ssad.gif

i haven't worn it yet, but my coworker put it on an NW55 gal and O.M.G!!! GORGEOUS!!!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
I picked up Going Bananas and Lime e/s, the Viva Glam VI SE l/s and Charcoal Brown e/s for my brows.

(I'm on a Viva Glam kick! I was surprised this lippie was still in the store!)

legally they aren't allowed to sell VG VI SE, gloss or lipstick, anymore. mac can get sued for that!
shockt.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i haven't worn it yet, but my coworker put it on an NW55 gal and O.M.G!!! GORGEOUS!!!

I hope it works on me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
legally they aren't allowed to sell VG VI SE, gloss or lipstick, anymore. mac can get sued for that!
shockt.gif

Is it because they've stopped making it? How does that differ from selling old collection items? Sorry for the stupid question
blush-anim-cl.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
I hope it works on me!!!

I bet it will look awesome with your hair color!
yes.gif

Quote:
Is it because they've stopped making it? How does that differ from selling old collection items? Sorry for the stupid question
blush-anim-cl.gif

My guess is because it was a special addition, and only under contract for a one year period. After that year is up, it shouldn't be sold.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I bet it will look awesome with your hair color!
yes.gif

My guess is because it was a special addition, and only under contract for a one year period. After that year is up, it shouldn't be sold.

Aww thanks
blush-anim-cl.gif

That makes sense. I was able to snag one right before they left. Obviously, knowing what I know about lustres now, I wouldn't have done that. But, it is a favorite.
ssad.gif

cocolicouss

I have been reading this thread and I'm getting really excited for these glosses and nervous because I wont be able to get to my mac till monday
ssad.gif
I hope they have all the products that i might want

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Not blue based. It's about as well balanced a true red as humanly possible, plus it's got the pink shimmer that adds even more visual balance to the color.

i agree! this red is quite in the middle. you cant really pick out if its blue toned or pink toned, so i think its the more universal shade of red! it looked so good on shontay in the swatch threads! its your color girl, buy 20 LOL

that seller is really fishy too, especially with only 7 transactions. if its too good to be true, it probably is...

trulynicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
trulynicole -- this is not like any other lg I have ever met.. and I have met many
yes.gif
th_LMAO.gif

haha, okay :) i'll have to check it out! thank you, this made me laugh!
cutey.gif

monter

success! stopped by macy's in water tower (for the third time in three days, lmao) and got what i wanted: sassy grass, going bananas, shock-a-holic, gimme that, and bold and brash.

i haven't even gotten to play with my a+o stuff yet (except for military) because of the bar, so i'm a little bit on makeup overload right now. not a BAD thing, but... i better put in some playtime tomorrow.
greengrin.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
success! stopped by macy's in water tower (for the third time in three days, lmao) and got what i wanted: sassy grass, going bananas, shock-a-holic, gimme that, and bold and brash.

i haven't even gotten to play with my a+o stuff yet (except for military) because of the bar, so i'm a little bit on makeup overload right now. not a BAD thing, but... i better put in some playtime tomorrow.
greengrin.gif

Hope your exams went well
smiles.gif

Enjoy playing with your goodies and I really hope Shock-a-holic is not as bad as some people said.

Susanne

I am so glad you all get your things!!
mac_haul.gif

I have to wait until Monday
sigh.gif

Can't wait to see Sassy Green and Shockaholic in real.

Addicted2Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitzbeary
Love the bright colors in this collection, but I don't think I could pull them off.

Sure you can! Why not?

Kirsty

Has anyone done a comparison swatch of Gimme That! vs Electric Fuchsia? (I can't see one) If not, I would love to see this if anyone has both?

smiles.gif

*JJ*

i'm really getting excited for these lipglasses! i think i'll skip the eyeshadows and buy more lg!

Lialani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Has anyone done a comparison swatch of Gimme That! vs Electric Fuchsia? (I can't see one) If not, I would love to see this if anyone has both?

smiles.gif

I haven't seen Gimme That! yet but Electric Fuchsia seems more sheer and appears a bit more violet due to violet shimmer perhaps. EF on my hand looks almost as purple as Ban This! in Erine's swatch in the swatch thread (with EF being lighter of course), and they both seem to have some vibrant aqua/violet reflects glitter mixed in. I'm assuming that Gimme That! is brighter and pinker as compared to EF though lip swatches look kind of the same. If all of these new glosses have the same multicolor sparkle and intensity as Snowscene and Electric Fuchsia, I am sold!
yes.gif