mac diana ross

shelbyx33

What do you ladies think is the best product in this collection? I really am looking to get one of the blushes soon but which one is better? I am loving the MAC antique collections.

Glamstylz

I haven't seen the collection, is it posted somewhere? What color are the lipsticks? How the he k did i miss this, lol!

beautyjunkie12

I remember this collection. Back from 2005. I bought it up when I was on job in Kansas City, MO.I have not been able to find replacements as I've already hit pan on everything. Collection mimicked early Diane Ross when with the Supremes. Love.

icon_eek.gif
eeksign.gif
drools.gif
- my reaction when I saw this thread title.

WTF2.gif
cry.gif
th_drool.gif
- my reaction when I realized I am 9 years too late.

sagehen

I remember this collection. Back from 2005. I bought it up when I was on job in Kansas City, MO.I have not been able to find replacements as I've already hit pan on everything. Collection mimicked early Diane Ross when with the Supremes. Love.
I LOVED this collection. I was just thinking it would have been cool to be member here when it came out. I would have enjoyed the conversation. This was my first time buying EVERYTHING, because I could trust it would be flattering to my skin. I wish that MAC would come out with more collections with well-done FACE products for women of color, and not just eye/lip colors. There has not been a beauty powder like the ones in this collection (I think Smooth Harmony was repromoted but it was not the same). The hyper real foundation that came out with this was beautiful (not my shade , but blended with my foundation is was a great illuminator). And, can't we get a MSF please? As many people who mourn Metal Rock (not from Diana Ross collex), and would pay through the nose for something like it, and it hasn't happened? C'mon, MAC (and other companies!) I am tired of WOC being marginalized to live with: 1) buying from lines which were made "for us", and even those lines don't take us all into consideration, or 2) just being grateful a product from another line exists that we can live with. OK, back on topic, I just wish more matte lipsticks were included in the Diana Ross Collection. The colors were good enough to deal with the luster and frost finishes, but women wore matte lips in her day and I wish there were some in that collection.

shelbyx33

I wish that the eyeshadows were in cool packaging ! I am getting the beauty powder but everything else is so hard to find ugh it's so beautiful

sss215

I LOVED this collection. I was just thinking it would have been cool to be member here when it came out. I would have enjoyed the conversation. This was my first time buying EVERYTHING, because I could trust it would be flattering to my skin. I wish that MAC would come out with more collections with well-done FACE products for women of color, and not just eye/lip colors. There has not been a beauty powder like the ones in this collection (I think Smooth Harmony was repromoted but it was not the same). The hyper real foundation that came out with this was beautiful (not my shade , but blended with my foundation is was a great illuminator). And, can't we get a MSF please? As many people who mourn Metal Rock (not from Diana Ross collex), and would pay through the nose for something like it, and it hasn't happened? C'mon, MAC (and other companies!) I am tired of WOC being marginalized to live with: 1) buying from lines which were made "for us", and even those lines don't take us all into consideration, or 2) just being grateful a product from another line exists that we can live with. OK, back on topic, I just wish more matte lipsticks were included in the Diana Ross Collection. The colors were good enough to deal with the luster and frost finishes, but women wore matte lips in her day and I wish there were some in that collection.
This is true to a degree. Mattes were popular, but black women wore more frosted and glossy shades back then, so the shades were accurate. I loved this collection. One of my favorite dark coral eyeshadows, perhaps my favorite that mac has ever put out, dance mix was included in the Diana Eyes 2 palette. There was also a beautiful gold shadow. Both quads were amazing.

shelbyx33

Lol lol ! It is a bit late which makes it hard to find them ! I have a beauty powder and I don't even want to touch it. It is too pretty for words.

shelbyx33

This is true to a degree. Mattes were popular, but black women wore more frosted and glossy shades back then, so the shades were accurate. I loved this collection. One of my favorite dark coral eyeshadows, perhaps my favorite that mac has ever put out, dance mix was included in the Diana Eyes 2 palette. There was also a beautiful gold shadow. Both quads were amazing.
. The shades are all amazing and the colors work with many skin tones . Best collection

shelbyx33

many of the products now are not simiar to diana. I totally agree

Debbs

Mountain High Blush found and sent as a pre bday gift!!!! Feeling awesomely lucky, blessed and super grateful. Thanks my beautiful angel!