MAC dupes for UD Naked palette?

Chester

Mods, I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Hi Ladies

I have a question for you. Money's a bit tight at the moment and I'm lusting after Urban Decay's Naked palette. Since I own a couple of neutral MAC eye shadows I was wondering if you know of any MAC dupes for the UD eye shadows?

First and foremost I'm looking for color dupes but color+finish dupes are even better.
smiles.gif

So far I think that these are really close:

Virgin = Dazzlelight
Sin = Vanilla pigment
Naked= Brule
Sidecar = All That Glitters
Buck = Wedge
Half Baked = maybe Honey Lust? or the pale gilded beige pigment from Stacked 2?
Smog
Darkhorse
Toasted = Prepped for Glamour or Satin Taupe
Hustle
Creep
Gunmetal

Any suggestions?

Chester

lauraglou

Youtube Guru MakeupAdikt has recently posted a video showing these as dupes:

Sin = Naked Lunch
Naked = Kid
Buck = Cork
Toasted = All That Glitters
Hustle = Signed & Sealed
Creep = Black Tied

I'm not sure how accurate these are as I don't have some of those mac shadows, but she's posted some swatches on her Facebook account which look pretty good... MakeupAdikt's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

HTH

FiestyFemme

I believe Shroom is a closer match to Virgin than Dazzlelight. Either will work, but swatched on my hand, it's hard to tell the difference between Shroom and Virgin, while Dazzlelight has a pink sheen.

Sin is very similar to Naked Lunch. It's even comparable to All That Glitters, but ATG is a smidgen darker.

I would say that that Naked and Kid are nearly identical.

Sidecar is a bit tougher, but I'd say it's closest dupe is Style Snob. It's unfortunately LE though.

Buck is close to Cork.

Half Baked is closest to Woodwinked, though it's not a perfect match. It's the same with Smog. It's close to Tempting, maybe even Romp, but not a perfect match.

Handwritten is the closest color match to Darkhorse. Not a match in terms of finish though.

Toasted is closest to Satin Taupe, but definitely rosier. I'm not saying that there might not be a better dupe out there, but this is the closest from my collection.

Hustle is tricky. I didn't have anything in my collection that was close, but I found that mixing Sketch and Twinks came pretty close.

I'd say Creep is closest to Black Tied. It's just a black with silver microglitter.

And Gunmetal is easily duped with Knight Divine. HTH!

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraglou
Youtube Guru MakeupAdikt has recently posted a video showing these as dupes:

Sin = Naked Lunch
Naked = Kid
Buck = Cork
Hustle = Signed & Sealed
Creep = Black Tied

I'm not sure how accurate these are as I don't have some of those mac shadows, but she's posted some swatches on her Facebook account which look pretty good... MakeupAdikt's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

HTH

Thanks a lot for the link! I will take a closer look at the e/s mentioned and decide then.

Chester

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I believe Shroom is a closer match to Virgin than Dazzlelight. Either will work, but swatched on my hand, it's hard to tell the difference between Shroom and Virgin, while Dazzlelight has a pink sheen.

Sin is very similar to Naked Lunch. It's even comparable to All That Glitters, but ATG is a smidgen darker.

I would say that that Naked and Kid are nearly identical.

Sidecar is a bit tougher, but I'd say it's closest dupe is Style Snob. It's unfortunately LE though.

Buck is close to Cork.

Half Baked is closest to Woodwinked, though it's not a perfect match. It's the same with Smog. It's close to Tempting, maybe even Romp, but not a perfect match.

Handwritten is the closest color match to Darkhorse. Not a match in terms of finish though.

Toasted is closest to Satin Taupe, but definitely rosier. I'm not saying that there might not be a better dupe out there, but this is the closest from my collection.

Hustle is tricky. I didn't have anything in my collection that was close, but I found that mixing Sketch and Twinks came pretty close.

I'd say Creep is closest to Black Tied. It's just a black with silver microglitter.

And Gunmetal is easily duped with Knight Divine. HTH!

Thanks a lot!!

Chester

Chester

So I have finalised my dupe list. I realized I only have 5 of the 13 shadows on my list but since I'm not even able to buy the Naked palette at House of Fraser (stupid 'we don't ship this item internationally'
angry.gif
girl_devil.gif
) MAC will get my money instead. It seems the Gods of Makeup want me to stay loyal to MAC.
winks.gif

I still haven't found a nice dupe that is also accessible for Sidecar but I'm just going to roll with it now. Anyhow, this is my list:

Virgin = Shroom
Sin = Naked Lunch
Naked = Wedge, 2nd: Kid
Sidecar = ??
Buck = Cork
Half Baked = Woodwinked
Smog = Tempting
Darkhorse = Mulch, 2nd: Handwritten
Hustle = Espresso
Creep = Black Tied
Gunmetal = Knight Divine

Chester

Bella Mac

Oh, this is good. It's so irritating that it is so hard to get. I went to two different Sephoras and they are still out. Then my husband went out of town and went to another Sephora and they are out. It's like forget it. I'll just use my MAC!

martiangurll

I think Phloof is better for Sin
Knight Divine is a dead ringer for GunMetal-I have both and can't tell them apart

Patina for Half Baked?

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Mac
Oh, this is good. It's so irritating that it is so hard to get. I went to two different Sephoras and they are still out. Then my husband went out of town and went to another Sephora and they are out. It's like forget it. I'll just use my MAC!

Yeah, that's what I think too.

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll

But Phloof is described as an off-white color where Sin is said to be a champagne color.
th_confused_new.gif

Quote:
Patina for Half Baked?

Maybe? I don't own Patina but thanks for the suggestions.
thmbup.gif

Whitney6195

Half baked looks way more golden on me than patina! Both gorgeous colors, and totally different.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Knight Divine is a dead ringer for GunMetal-I have both and can't tell them apart

Patina for Half Baked?

Ilenia

Just wanted to say this is such a great thread!
I love neutrals and since I already own some from Mac I didn't want to buy the Urban Decay one but now I know which are similar and which e/s are missing in my collection, so I'll add the to my
mac_wishlist.gif

macgirl3121

I knew I had dupes for this palette. I have at least 1/2 of the colors in my MAC stash. I'm officially done with looking for this thing. I so do not need it at all. More $ for Peacocky.

kittykit

I knew I had dupes for this palette. I have at least 1/2 of the colors in my MAC stash. I'm officially done with looking for this thing. I so do not need it at all. More $ for Peacocky.
Same here. I was trying to hunt down this palette but I guess I'll let it go. I don't need more than one same colour in my collection.

sss215

I never wanted the Naked Palette because I have too many MAC neutrals named already. Plus some of the colors are to shimmery for neutrals, for my taste. I'm good!