MAC $ each month

Elusive21

I was wondering, how much money do you girls spend each month on MAC? Or even a year? (This way I don't feel so bad about how much I spend lol
th_wink3.gif
- maybe I'll even tell hubby "see hon my addiction isn't THAT bad; I'm certainly not the only one).

As for me it usually varies by how good a current collection is. Usually though it's about $100-$150 a month.

dietcokeg

lol! I can go months without buying anything from MAC but its either a feast or a famime iwth me! when i go all out..i go all out. I have alot of Mac but i i buy it slowly - i can honestly say i dont buy more then 15 products a year (now that i think of it, i have no idea how my collection is so big!) I would like to say i dont spend anymore then 350Euros a year on MAC - but if you take into account all of the other Brands i buy its alot more..o gawd!!

TheTeenageMuse

In the past couple months it's been quite high. $100-$150..I'm not too happy with that number, especially as a teenager I fear what I'll be like as I get older..

miss_primer

I dont buy something from every MAC collection. I havent bought anything in a while from MAC or any makeup brand in a while. Last collection I bought from until recently was Style Warriors last year. That was around June I believe. I just recently bought from Spring Color Forecast and now Give Me Liberty of London. Usually I end up only buying one or two things from a collection unless I'm really just loving the colors and theme, just everything about it...lol. Usually I don't spend more than $50 on a collection that I am interested in.

La_Vernis

This month it's been higher than other months at around $400 (probably more :/ I'm afraid to really think about it) I purchased a bit from spring and almost all of liberty of london but before that my last collection haul was from style warriors.

It really depends on if any of my other hobbies are taking a backseat to make up on a certain month (these last two they certainly did) an average month I'd say 50 on MAC and 50 on other brands is a fair guess.

And now I feel like I need make up addict anonymous lol.

Shauna

It really varies for me because I go through phases. For awhile, I'm make-up crazy and go to MAC and Sephora every other day. Then I get on a LUSH kick, perfumes, shoes... I would say that $100 would be a safe average.

January

Eek... probably $200ish a month for me! I've really cut back my spending in other areas of my life though. My biggest rule is no MAC until my bills are paid and my groceries are bought. So I never feel bad about it
smiles.gif

obscuria

I don't buy every month, but I save about 50 bucks a month for beauty related items. Sometimes I spend more if I get things like birthday money or a bonus from work. If I go a few months without spending anything, I take all the money I saved and can splurge on collections that I'm excited for if I want to, without feeling bad.

RandomnessWithK

i also don't buy every month.. and at times i'll go for a long time without buying any makeup.. so when i do - i usually go all out spending maybe 100-200 depending on what i've finished from my stash and what i'll need etc.

but usually if i do get to go more often than once a month maybe 2 times in a month i'll spend 50-70 each time..

but know i do put money aside each pay check for "me" spending!
smiles.gif
and i work hard for it! <3

AudreyNicole

I go through phases where I don't buy MAC for months, and then a collection draws me in and I get hooked again. With Spring Color Forecast and GMLOL, I have spent more than I usually spend, but I am not expecting to buy more than 2-3 from each collection from now until the Beach collection so it evens out. I'd say, on average $100-$150 a month, unless I need staple items like foundation, and then it's a bit more. If I want too much from one collection, I will go through my stash and post a sale to get rid of things I don't use, and then use that money to buy new stuff. Alot of times, I recycle my makeup budget
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I try to limit my non LE items to $350 a year so i'm slowly building up my brush collection and i just buy the essentials like foundation and my everyday to go eye shadows.

As for the LE collections, I probably buy stuff from 2-3 collections a year so i end up spending anywhere from $50-$150 per collection. I end up re selling a lot of the stuff i buy.. I'm an impulse shopper :\

Nicque

it depends, but this year so far with SCF about 350, Too Fab about 75, LOL I bought everything except 3 items. I guess this year is beating up my wallet but I work hard so I don't trip. Let's see how I get through the next few collections.

murflegirl

I feel like it's pretty feast-or-famine for me too. I didn't get anything from a few of the recent collections, but bought quite a bit with Spring Colour Forecast. With Liberty I've only bought an eyeshadow and B2Med for Ever Hip lipstick. I see To the Beach and Art Supplies being very expensive collections for me.

LMD84

well i have a budget of £50 a month to go on mac. however sometimes i'l only spend £20 so the rest of the money rolls into the next month. for expample this month i spent over £100! but i had left over money from pervious months. although i think in the coming months i shall be spending less because now i have so much mac, it's hard finding things that i don't already have a dupe for in my stash!

vintageroses

For me it really depends on the collection, but since MAC in Australia is DOUBLE(yes
ssad.gif
double) the price in US (lipsticks cost $35!) I spend about $200 esp when there are alot of stuff which i want!

FiestyFemme

I don't even go to the counter every month, so I'd say I spend $200-300/year at MAC. It used to be a lot more, but I just have so much now that I usually can dupe things in my stash.

2browneyes

I love this thread! Such a great idea. For me, it depends on what I want from the collection. Last year, when the Makeup Art Color Collection came out, spent about $225. Usually I spend maybe $75-$100. Like someone else said, I set aside $ for things that I want from almost every pay. I do need to get a grip on my makeup spending tho. I didn't do so bad with LOL collection...only $60 something.