MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

Mac-Guy

^I apply f& b twice for better covering, and the best part: it`s still natural looking and not noticeable. I apply once, let it dry, do my face, one more time after, and then touch up on theacne spot & acne. I found out that adding one more layer of foundation on troubled areas looks better than adding concealer on the face, I use concealer only under the eyes
WHat I love mosts about f &b is that is not flat looking, the cold & gloomy days can make you look older and tired but this foundation makes my face vibrant, and this from someone who used to use full coverage foundations

iagree.gif
As the finish is dewy, it looks so much more youthful. Love it!

LMD84

Thanks for the updates Lou! VERY excited! Anytime there are new primers, I try them. I have TONS of 1/2 used and tested primer bottles. I have a HG primer, but I'm always on the look-out for an update! I challenge my HG products regularly!
yeah i tend to switch primers up quite a bit too... although i do try and finish the ones i have first! otherwise they go bad and have to be chucked and i hate wasting product!

Mac-Guy

yeah i tend to switch primers up quite a bit too... although i do try and finish the ones i have first! otherwise they go bad and have to be chucked and i hate wasting product!

I only allow myself to buy a new one when my older primer is almost finish. It's funny how long a product can last when you desperately want to finish it! LOL.

Edelmc

it's not a really corrective primer but it does a little bit of neutralizing. which i appreciate. hope you like it.

I found the mufe primers tended to ball in areas that I had overlapped product when applying...does this happen to you? I tried the green one and the blue one. I am loving the prep and prime illuminating primer at the mo!

Mac-Guy

Edel, what brush do you use to apply primer? I find that a paint brush (like the 191) works best to apply primer evenly.

Edelmc

Edel, what brush do you use to apply primer? I find that a paint brush (like the 191) works best to apply primer evenly.
As much as I love my brushes for some reason I always apply primer like moisturiser- warm it between my palms and apply directly to my face. I love the prep and prime in illuminate cause it combines primer, SPF and illuminator in one and since I have 2 small children and I am about to start a new job anything that multitasks is a big plus in my eyes! I keep going back and looking at the mufe....I will get another sample and try with my 190 but I just found that if I wasn't careful and any of the product overlapped then it and any product put on top would ball

Mac-Guy

As much as I love my brushes for some reason I always apply primer like moisturiser- warm it between my palms and apply directly to my face. I love the prep and prime in illuminate cause it combines primer, SPF and illuminator in one and since I have 2 small children and I am about to start a new job anything that multitasks is a big plus in my eyes! I keep going back and looking at the mufe....I will get another sample and try with my 190 but I just found that if I wasn't careful and any of the product overlapped then it and any product put on top would ball

The 190 will probably soak up too much product to work for applying primer. If you don't have the 191, then maybe apply primer with your fingers but blend over it with the 190 (rather than applying it directly with the 190). Always let your primer sink in for a few minutes before you continue. If you've got your routine down, e.g. apply primer and then brush your teeth while the primer sinks in, you won't loose any time. I hope that helps.

Edelmc

There are a few pictures on here of up coming collections.

http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/57648/behind_the_beauty_scenes_-_week_49

I'd like to try that new mineralize concealer!
http://catalinasumakeup.blogspot.com/2011/11/thanks-john.html
Great links! Thanks I am very curious about the concealer...might make a fab under eye concealer. I am normally not bothered by nudity used in media once it's done tastefully and isn't of a sexual nature as kids may see the pictures (I didn't understand the fuss with the champale promos- I didn't even spot the nipple till it was pointed out) but I am speechless after seeing that Tom ford ad for the aftershave!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Oh, that mineralize concealer is interesting, I'd like to try that one too. But they better not d/c Moisturecover for it.
girl_devil.gif

liba

oooh a mineral concealer looks good!
My MA was speaking very enthusiastically about this along with the new primer as being very moisturizing and nourishing on the skin, along with the concealing and the re-texturizing . I'm happy to see MAC really step up the skincare angle on products that are usually so harsh and drying.

Mac-Guy

My MA was speaking very enthusiastically about this along with the new primer as being very moisturizing and nourishing on the skin, along with the concealing and the re-texturizing . I'm happy to see MAC really step up the skincare angle on products that are usually so harsh and drying.

I second you on the pore minimizing effect. A little goes a long way with the Matchmaster.

Piarpreet

it doesnt to me ... so strange! u got a pic?
I found the mufe primers tended to ball in areas that I had overlapped product when applying...does this happen to you? I tried the green one and the blue one. I am loving the prep and prime illuminating primer at the mo!

Piarpreet

The 190 will probably soak up too much product to work for applying primer. If you don't have the 191, then maybe apply primer with your fingers but blend over it with the 190 (rather than applying it directly with the 190). Always let your primer sink in for a few minutes before you continue. If you've got your routine down, e.g. apply primer and then brush your teeth while the primer sinks in, you won't loose any time. I hope that helps.

MACcrazy

I am normally not bothered by nudity used in media once it's done tastefully and isn't of a sexual nature as kids may see the pictures (I didn't understand the fuss with the champale promos- I didn't even spot the nipple till it was pointed out) but I am speechless after seeing that Tom ford ad for the aftershave!
iagree.gif
a "lil" over the top IMO but I guess when they really wanna get a guys attention, they pull out the big guns

Latest posts