MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

Pinkdollface

I just read here http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/144502/mac_@_new_york_fashion_week_deel_2 that the beauty balm will also come in a medium and dark shade for fall.

gracie90

Quote:
There's a tiny bit in there to help sanitize. But straight alcohol, or even 50/50 will dry those puppies out! It's the same thing that happens to your skin when using hand sanitizer.
I have to use alcohol gel on my hands more than 100 times a day, and they get horribly dry! It also makes my nails break really easily.

MACina

May I ask which skin care cream you use, Gracie?

Fortunatly I don' t have to use hand disinfectant that often but still several times a day and it is really very drying
ssad.gif

Quote:
I have to use alcohol gel on my hands more than 100 times a day, and they get horribly dry! It also makes my nails break really easily.

martiangurll

Quote:
Hi Sweetie, I work in a hospital too and they are always on us for that handwashing so I use olive oil or coconut oil on my hands to counteract all the drying from the alcohol in the hand sanitizer. They do make hand sanitizers that are more moisturizing, but I have just learned to keep a small supply in my drawer of my desk and bag and just reapply whenever I get the chance. I just get one that has lots of natural oils in it. I use Olive Oil or coconut oil at night & in the AM.

Back on topic, why is it better to store the brush handle up? That mushes up the "head" and makes my bristles flat. I understand the need to not dry them that way so the water doesn't run down and loosen the glue but does it make a difference once the brush is dry? (I hurry up the process with my hair dryer)

gracie90

Hi Sweetie, I work in a hospital too and they are always on us for that handwashing so I use olive oil or coconut oil on my hands to counteract all the drying from the alcohol in the hand sanitizer. They do make hand sanitizers that are more moisturizing, but I have just learned to keep a small supply in my drawer of my desk and bag and just reapply whenever I get the chance. I just get one that has lots of natural oils in it. I use Olive Oil or coconut oil at night & in the AM.
I might have to start carrying around moisturiser in my bag or something, and the oil is a good idea!!

MACina

Thank you, Gracie
smiles.gif

I am always on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer!

I have tried so many.At the moment Cetaphil Lotion is my favorite but I am always curious to hear what everyone else is favoring.

I don't have a specific one for my hands - there's some provided on the wards, but it's really greasy and not actually very moisturising!
I might have to start carrying around moisturiser in my bag or something, and the oil is a good idea!!

Genn

Thank you, Gracie
smiles.gif

I am always on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer!

I have tried so many.At the moment Cetaphil Lotion is my favorite but I am always curious to hear what everyone else is favoring.
I discovered L'ooctane hand creams awhile ago. I love them. They work really well for me.

MACina

Thank you very much, Genn!

Do they contain essential oils?As far as I know L' Occitane is a natural cosmetics brand and those do often add
EOs to their products.Unfortunatly EOs can cause allergic reactions for me.

My dad has a few L' Occitane eau de toilettes and they do all smell very nice!

I discovered L'ooctane hand creams awhile ago. I love them. They work really well for me.

Genn

Thank you very much, Genn!

Do they contain essential oils?As far as I know L' Occitane is a natural cosmetics brand and those do often add
EOs to their products.Unfortunatly EOs can cause allergic reactions for me.

My dad has a few L' Occitane eau de toilettes and they do all smell very nice!
My favorite ones are the 20% shea butter. I just read the back of the mango one and didint see any essentials oils. It does have sunflower seed and coconut oil/rosemary leaf extract. I just read the back of my 20% shea butter Honey one and they both contain rapeseed too and fragrance. I'm not seeing anything about EO's

MACina

Thank you so much, Genn
bouquet.gif

I will ask my dad to get me one the next time he goes to the store.

My favorite ones are the 20% shea butter. I just read the back of the mango one and didint see any essentials oils. It does have sunflower seed and coconut oil/rosemary leaf extract. I just read the back of my 20% shea butter Honey one and they both contain rapeseed too and fragrance. I'm not seeing anything about EO's

Babylard

Back on topic, why is it better to store the brush handle up?  That mushes up the "head" and makes my bristles flat.  I understand the need to not dry them that way so the water doesn't run down and loosen the glue but does it make a difference once the brush is dry?  (I hurry up the process with my hair dryer)
I've never had my brushes get flat and mushed from storing them upwards. I use filler in my glass containers to hold them upright in place and separated from each other. Maybe go to the craft store and buy some acrylic filler. :)

erine1881

Hi Sweetie, I work in a hospital too and they are always on us for that handwashing so I use olive oil or coconut oil on my hands to counteract all the drying from the alcohol in the hand sanitizer.  They do make hand sanitizers that are more moisturizing, but I have just learned to keep a small supply in my drawer of my desk and bag and just reapply whenever I get the chance.  I just get one that has lots of natural oils in it.  I use Olive Oil or coconut oil at night & in the AM. Back on topic, why is it better to store the brush handle up?  That mushes up the "head" and makes my bristles flat.  I understand the need to not dry them that way so the water doesn't run down and loosen the glue but does it make a difference once the brush is dry?  (I hurry up the process with my hair dryer)
Oh hun don't use a hairdryer on your brush! :nope:

Copperhead

I never need to speed up the process of drying my brushes. They dry rather fast. Even the dense one like the Sigma F80. Just make sure to squeeze all the water out of them. I wash them, lay them flat on something leaving the bristles to hang over the edge, and I then store them in my brush roll once they are dry.

Michelemu21

I never need to speed up the process of drying my brushes. They dry rather fast. Even the dense one like the Sigma F80. Just make sure to squeeze all the water out of them. I wash them, lay them flat on something leaving the bristles to hang over the edge, and I then store them in my brush roll once they are dry.
Hmmm...I never thought to leave the bristles handing over the edge. Got to try that Sunday.

MaitaiFluff

Hmmm...I never thought to leave the bristles handing over the edge.  Got to try that Sunday.
I think I remember reading that in the Bobbi Brown book. I usually try to remember to clean my brushes after work and hang them over the side of the bathtub so they are dry before I get ready for work the next day.