MAC Employee Observation :) Question?

glorie

So....

does everyone's hair have to be funky?
haha.

I've just noticed that all the MA's I've ever seen have their hair either dyed, highlighted, chunked, spiked, panelled or something else? Is it part of the uniform or something?!

notevenjail

I don't think it's a requirement because I've seen artists with normal hair, but my take on it is that MAC is a bit of a funkier brand and a funky MA is probably more likely to be drawn to a funky brand.

beautifulxdisaster

Yeah, I think it makes them stand out from other counters. LoL, most of the ones at my nearby counter look like they just came out of playboy. Definitely different than Clinique and Shiseido.

glorie

i know.

one MA looked like a woman dressed as a man dressing as a woman.

and she asked if I needed help.

mac_obsession

I think it has a lot to do with fashion, trends, whats hot right now, and MAC as a company. I dont find it unusual at all to walk in and see 4 guys with full on makeup and 30 different hair colors between them. I think that MAC employees should have some flair. As long as they can do their job more power to em.

Juneplum

ditto what mac_obsession said! i LOVE to see the MAC ma's cos i get so many ideas from them! they have super funky cool style.. even the "normal" dressed and coiffed ones! i 4 one LOVE their style and flair!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by notevenjail
I don't think it's a requirement because I've seen artists with normal hair, but my take on it is that MAC is a bit of a funkier brand and a funky MA is probably more likely to be drawn to a funky brand.

2nd this...not too many places will let you work for them if you are sporting a bold look.

user2

Anyway....is there a better way to stand out when you have to wear black for work than with a gorgeous haircut/color?

princess_jenilee

I think that MAC stands true to it's logo that their cosmetics is for absolutely anyone and does not discriminate or aim their cosmetics to one particular group. I find it really cool too that u can have piercings and tattoos and be yourself with that company.

Demosthenes

I think MAC is also the only company that encourages the men to wear makeup while working. :p None of the dept. store counters do that.