MAC Employees: Counter or PRO store?

giz2000

If you had the choice, which would you choose:

15 hours at the PRO store...mostly weekends, don't really have any details about how flexible the schedule would be. Pretty prestigious gig and pays well. Also gives you lots of exposure to fashion shows, photo shoots, video, TV etc. Takes me about 40 minutes to get there, parking is a hassle and lunch is expensive, but the atmosphere can't be beat.

or

12 hours at counter - Every Saturday, alternating Sundays, one day per week. More flexible, less stress. Not as much exposure to the above, but definitely good for independent gigs (weddings, etc - those pay REALLY well here). 10 minutes from home, no hassle parking, close to school. The counter atmosphere is friendly and more "family-like."

I may have to make a choice by early next week. I am torn because while I enjoy the freedom of freelancing, I am considering one of the two options above, mostly for the discount and the pay raise! I like the staff at both locations, so this is making it doubly difficult. Keep in mind that I go to school 3 days a week, and I also have a family to take care of. Let me know what you think...

Katura

I'd go Pro in a second...The Pro store would be outrageous amounts of fun, and since its only 15 hours it probably wouldnt be bad. But you've got to take into consideration the time it will take away from your family...

You can always start at a counter and then eventually transfer?