MAC eyeshadow recommendations?!

UnleashTheBats

I guess I could be considered a MAC "newbie"... I have one MAC eyeshadow (Parfait Amour) amongst a few pigment samples and a couple other things I won in a contest.

Anyway, I'm planning on buying a few more eyeshadows and would like help with selections. I'm after a couple neutrals and maybe a couple of brighter colours.

So far on my list of colours I like is:

•Satin Taupe –
•Shroom -
•Woodwinked
•Wedge
•Freshwater
•Deep Truth
•Electric Eel -
•Stars & Rockets -

The ones with a dash next to them are the ones at the top of my list.

If any of you could give me suggestions of great, versatile colours that would be greatly appreciated!

What are your favourite MAC permanent eyeshadows??

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

summerblue

What's you coloring: skintone, eyecolor, haircolor?

Sorry, stupid me didn't realize you had a blog with pic of you.
smiles.gif

UnleashTheBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue
What's you coloring: skintone, eyecolor, haircolor?

Sorry, stupid me didn't realize you had a blog with pic of you.
smiles.gif

Thats ok
smiles.gif
I recently dyed my hair so its a dark purple colour if that changes anything
smiles.gif

Junkie

I think you could pull off Passionate really well. The new bright eyeshadows from the Dare to Wear collection are coming out soon - maybe try those? I know you love purple, so maybe swatch Shock-a-holic? A few greens too - Lucky Green, Humid, Lime, Bitter, etc.

Your skintone and skin in general is great - same with the shape of your eyes. I think you could pull off just about everything
smiles.gif
But brights especially.

UnleashTheBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
I think you could pull off Passionate really well. The new bright eyeshadows from the Dare to Wear collection are coming out soon - maybe try those? I know you love purple, so maybe swatch Shock-a-holic? A few greens too - Lucky Green, Humid, Lime, Bitter, etc.

Your skintone and skin in general is great - same with the shape of your eyes. I think you could pull off just about everything
smiles.gif
But brights especially.

I've been eye-ing off Shock-a-holic!! Its the first one I noticed lol. I love brights so much
greengrin.gif

Thanks for the suggestions!

FiestyFemme

For the neutrals, I love Shroom, Satin Taupe, and Woodwinked! I love Shroom & Satin Taupe together, so if I was going to get 2, I'd probably go for those. However, Woodwinked is gorgeous, and it's one of my faves at the moment. Very shimmery, bronzey, and summery.
smiles.gif
Sorry, I feel like I'm not much help!

silentstorm143

Im kinda new to MAC myself and am almost done filling my first palette. If you love brights-I know I do- Freshwater is fantastic and stars and rockets for me is a must have if you love brights its got a duo chrome so depending on what you wear it with of what you wear under it. It changes so much its like having multiple eyeshadows in one pan. I wear it with moons reflection at times and its almost neon looking. I highly recommend those. If you like greens then Lucky green look into its so pretty I put it with anything seeing as green to me is a neutral. Hope this helps

DarkGlamourXO

I would add Carbon, Espresso, White Frost, Electra, and Gorgeous Gold to ur list, you can pair them with so many diff shades. For neutrals I've always loved All That Glitters and I think Satin Taupe would be gorgeous on u!

Andrew

I would say, Gesso, Vanilla, Shroom, Wedge, Cork, Espresso, Satin Taupe, Shadowy Lady would be some of my choices..

PinkBasset

From your list Shroom, Satin Taupe and Stars N' Rockets for sure - great colours!
yes.gif
I would add there Aquadisiac - it's a bright turquoise aqua colour that makes brown eyes pop really well. From greens I think Vex, Lime, Bio-Green (Pro) and Humid would look great on you. Also Brun, Omega, Shadowy Lady/Graphology, Fig.1, Soot (pro), Plumage and Kelly (pro)/Newly Minted, Vanilla, Jest and Digit are good picks from the permanent line that would look awesome with your dark purple hair.
smiles.gif

ashleydenise

from the list you have I love these colors..
•Satin Taupe –
•Shroom -
•Woodwinked

I'm not going go off the fact that you colored your hair cause eventually you will change that. But, I saw your picture on your blog and you can pretty much pull off anything.. so.. a few of MY must haves.. =]

I'm going thru my palettes so they're *kinda* in color order

satallite dreams
Trax
Goldmine
Twinks
Humid
Bottle Green (pro)
Green Smoke
Samoa Silk (beautiful color, strange consistancy)
Plumage
Carbon or Black Tied (depends on if you want glitter.)
steamy or shimmermoss (they're practically the same ;x wish i had known! lol)
vanilla
brule

UnleashTheBats

I just bought 3 eyeshadows to start with. I got shroom, satin taupe and i thought i needed something fun, so I got freshwater
smiles.gif

I also managed to get my hands on 2 stereo rose! And petticoat
greengrin.gif
(In The Groove was only released here in Australia yesterday!)

Thanks for all the suggestions
smiles.gif