Mac 'eyeshadow' same size of CCB

catemoody

I have a so called ' eyeshadow' labeled on the back in the same size as a cream colour base
its called 'empire' with batch code A89 ( as in 1999 probably)
does anyone know if this was a special edition item, or how big eyeshadows used to be?
thanks for your input! just curious to know what it can be used for..

Retropinuplady

the only ones ive seen of these are fakes, they look like msf's as they are domed and like you said the same size as a color base but ive never known mac to make them x

glitterkitten

Empire used to be a large eyeshadow/blush that we carried long ago. (Carbon used to be large as well) We stopped carying them around 2000-ish. So it is most likely real. It is also a very pretty color. Does it have a screw on lid or the ones MAC uses now?

hhunt2

When I was a kid, my mom used to have mac e/s's that were the size of CCB's (not a screw top). I inherited those 2 years ago when she was cleaning out her makeup.

More than likely, the one you have is from back in the day.

gildedangel

Sounds like you have an oldie! MAC used to carry bigger eyeshadows like that, but I have never seen one in person. I'd love if you would post a picture for us!

jmgjwd

It should be real, I still have that one as well as grain and soft brown (that I can remember)....does this make me an 'oldie'??