mac face and body

princess sarah

I went down today and had a look at this collection and swatched all the products and will be blogging them later on. I was really impressed with these and will upload swatches once I get home

princess sarah

I have ordered the brush and Pure Sculpture for me and trying to decide between Coffee Walnut or Copper Beach for the darker tone. I know having Pure Sculpture I can add warmth to the cooler one and also use it on lighter skin tones...

any advice?

aradhana

Hooray, I've been trying to find someone NC 40ish.
My daughter is NC 42 and has been searching for a red lipstick. I'd love to send one to her at college. Do you have any suggestions? Are you planning on purchasing any from Marilyn?

Thanks so much for your help.
i'm a fair bit darker, but my cousin is probably around nc40 - nc42 and has black hair -- just a few weeks ago she was wearing russian red, and it looked awesome! i was kind of surprised to hear it was RR, since it looks radically different than it does on my skintone. i've gone shopping with her last summer for red/bright lipsticks at sephora and i found a large number of shades were flattering on her...vesuvio by nars stands out in my memory...actually, i'll ask her for more recommendations if that's helpful!

i'm kind of intrigued by the pink-red marilyn lipstick, but i may sit that collection out since there are so many other products i am wanting this fall!!!

romi79_2008

I think 109 brush will work great for buffing the sculpting products, from the look of the new brush find it hard to believe will be great for blending, applying the product, yes

shontay07108

I am in such a good mood right now b/c my order that I jacked up with standard shipping, has shipped already! It's supposed to be here by 3pm today! Can't wait to play with my stuff and I am so intrigued by that new brush. If it's worth it's $ I know I'll be able to use it wonderfully.

Mac-Guy

I am in such a good mood right now b/c my order that I jacked up with standard shipping, has shipped already! It's supposed to be here by 3pm today! Can't wait to play with my stuff and I am so intrigued by that new brush. If it's worth it's $ I know I'll be able to use it wonderfully.
Woohoo. The power of overnight shipping :)

Mac-Guy

I have ordered the brush and Pure Sculpture for me and trying to decide between Coffee Walnut or Copper Beach for the darker tone. I know having Pure Sculpture I can add warmth to the cooler one and also use it on lighter skin tones...

any advice?
Did this work out for you? I found it way too warm for a contour on my pale NW skin. I like my contour to be more neutral to cool.

dorni

what does everybody think of the 163?is it a must have?has anybody seen it in person?
Bought it at our freestanding store, it is very dense, uber soft and from synthetic hair.

Comparison: 227 - 163 - 150

163 close up

Swatch of CW blended out with 163 on the inner side of my forearm (NW15-20)

(skin is a bit too pink in this picture)

It's a nice brush, but i wouldn't call it a must have. HTH

dorni

Did this work out for you? I found it way too warm for a contour on my pale NW skin. I like my contour to be more neutral to cool.
Same here, never understood that Chanel soleil de tan is often recommended for contouring. That bronzer is the most orange toned i've ever come across.

Dreaming Dancer

I was wondering if pure sculpture would be right for me. I'm about the same tone as you, Mac-Guy. I'm not sure what to get for the darker shade with Accentuate.

Colorqueen

I have almost the same brush from Sonia Kashuk and I use it all of the time (Target stores in the US sell them). I call this a MUST have
for me, but SK is much cheaper.
Bought it at our freestanding store, it is very dense, uber soft and from synthetic hair.

163 close up

Copperhead

This model is wearing some of the Copper Beach sculpting cream on her eyes and cheeks. That purple lip is
heart.gif

http://twitter.com/MAC_Amber_D/status/243632640245243904/photo/1

Colorqueen

I just found another page with a few photos of models wearing some of the Pro Sculpting Creams. Naturally Honed, Richly Defined, and Accentuate seem to be
the ones used most in the photos:

http://smokeyeyesmua.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/mac-fashion-week-looks-revealed/

luvlydee

This model is wearing some of the Copper Beach sculpting cream on her eyes and cheeks. That purple lip is
heart.gif

http://twitter.com/MAC_Amber_D/status/243632640245243904/photo/1
i loveee the purple lip. I got violetta but i never even used it out! but now i want the purple chromagraphic pencil to do this specific lip lol

Im starting to lean more towards Richly honed because I really want my face to look all chiseled and if that model can pull of copper beech, imma have to go darker

luvlydee

163 close up

the 163 reminds me so much of my nars ita brush. PASS!
Thanks for the pics!

Colorqueen

i loveee the purple lip. I got violetta but i never even used it out! but now i want the purple chromagraphic pencil to do this specific lip lol

Im starting to lean more towards Richly honed because I really want my face to look all chiseled and if that model can pull of copper beech, imma have to go darker
I would def go with Richly Honed. I use colors like Richly Honed and Coffee Walnut a lot for contour on lighter skintones- including myself which I vary from Nc37 to NW 25