mac face and body

GlamYOURUs

Weird. I mean I can totally see these being used in the eye area. I haven't done so. But I did have a chat with someone in the MAC Live Chat and they told me they are specifically used for highlighting but can be used on the eyes or anywhere you want. But it isn't quite working out for everyone no matter where they apply it. Bummer.

TheLadyDanger

Glitter usually draws my attention, but I passed on these Pressed Pigments. I have other products in my arsenal already where I can manipulate the same purpose of these Pressed Pigments. I have Bobby Dazzle by Urban Decay for example and it leaves the same if not similar effect. Do not get me wrong, the Pressed Pigments are beautiful, but I feel these highlighters are a miss since the glitter/shimmer are chunky. If they were more smaller or more of a sheen, more people (including myself) would be more inclined to use it as a highlighter.

honey on boost

From what I was told at my MAC Pro store, they are for the eyes. I only got Deeply Dashing and have used it two times as just a single all over eye color and I have not had any problems. I know Temptalia gave them an F, but the one I have has worked great on me. I did use Painterly as my base, then used Deeply Dashing all over the lid. I also plan on using it as a contour shade for one of my client's performances in early October. She's into dramatic over the top makeup looks, so I know I can make it work. I definitely wouldn't use the pressed pigments as highlighters for every day use, though, or even outside of a shoot or performance, for that matter. I could get one of the lighter shades and try it out, but I feel like, if used as highlighter, you'll end up looking like you just came out of Studio 54.
Same here.. I used them on my lid with painterly and I had no fall out. I also have sensitive eyes and they didn't irritate them at all. I doubt I'll use them on my cheecks but I love them on my lid.

Mac-Guy

I use the Mixing Medium in Matte as a Base. I also don't have any fall-out issues. It depends how much you apply. If you over-apply, you will certainly experience fall-out with any product, not just the pressed piggies. I've got super sensitive eyes, so using a good base is imperative for me. My favorite combo is still Museum Bronze piggie as a base (over the MM in Matte) followed by a pressed piggie on top. It adds a lot of dimension and depth to Museum Bronze!

Mac-Guy

Oh, you can do that? Just the regular toll free MAC number? And they let you order PRO items?
This should be the #: Canadian orders, call 1-800-387-6707 ext 8555. (or just place a phone order with your nearest Pro store. Shipping in the US is $7 - not sure about Canadian prices).

tattletale

pressed pigments are amazing try using them wet!!! use them with a stiff brush and really keep buffing them into the skin and you will see a huge huge i mean huge difference!!! i really love them with the new eye applicators! <3 and old friend ;)

Pinkdollface

pressed pigments are amazing try using them wet!!! use them with a stiff brush and really keep buffing them into the skin and you will see a huge huge i mean huge difference!!! i really love them with the new eye applicators! <3 and old friend ;)
Do you like them on the face as well? I was thinking maybe with a lot of buffing form a kabuki it would work as a highlight on the cheekbones. And nice to see you;)

tattletale

Do you like them on the face as well? I was thinking maybe with a lot of buffing form a kabuki it would work as a highlight on the cheekbones. And nice to see you;)
yes i do love them on the face trust me when you buff wet its life changing!! i love how intense the glitter becomes!!

Pinkdollface

yes i do love them on the face trust me when you buff wet its life changing!! i love how intense the glitter becomes!!
I guess I need to take my kabuki with me when I go to check them out next week! I love glitter as long as the fall out isn't too bad. It sounds like some people really love these and others hate them.

liba

I think some colors might be more glittery than others - especially the lightest one. Or maybe the glitter is more on the top layer? I had my makeup done over the weekend and the MA used the second lightest as a face highlight on the outer C of the cheekbone and I couldn't detect even one tiny sparkle when she was done - I'm honestly not sure what magic she used, but her contour/highlight technique was truly flawless.

Nice seeing you back! Hope you're doing great!

Mac-Guy

I think some colors might be more glittery than others - especially the lightest one. Or maybe the glitter is more on the top layer? I had my makeup done over the weekend and the MA used the second lightest as a face highlight on the outer C of the cheekbone and I couldn't detect even one tiny sparkle when she was done - I'm honestly not sure what magic she used, but her contour/highlight technique was truly flawless.

Nice seeing you back! Hope you're doing great!
I'm not sure, but this might have to do with the light reflection.

Did she crush them? That's what I'm doing. It works like a charm.

liba

I'm not sure, but this might have to do with the light reflection.

Did she crush them? That's what I'm doing. It works like a charm.
yes - pretty sure she used a spatula to get the product out. Also pretty sure she then used a barely damp brush to apply (spritz of Fix+ then wiped off with a tissue). When I get my makeup done, usually near the end I'm sort of zoned out like a snake charmer's python and stop keeping close watch. :)

I know that's what I do at home, if I'm not just using a finger, but I've just been wearing them on my eyes with my own application so far. Team Warming Heart!

Mac-Guy

A spatula is a good idea to get the right amount of product. You really need just a tiny bit as a little goes a long way.

Is WH the only one you got?

liba

A spatula is a good idea to get the right amount of product. You really need just a tiny bit as a little goes a long way.

Is WH the only one you got?
Also got Deeply Dashing. Was considering Day Gleem as well, for a warm golden one......

So true about only needing a minute amount! If you put on too thick a layer, that's when the trouble starts!

martiangurll

I use the Mixing Medium in Matte as a Base. I also don't have any fall-out issues. It depends how much you apply. If you over-apply, you will certainly experience fall-out with any product, not just the pressed piggies. I've got super sensitive eyes, so using a good base is imperative for me. My favorite combo is still Museum Bronze piggie as a base (over the MM in Matte) followed by a pressed piggie on top. It adds a lot of dimension and depth to Museum Bronze!
I love Museum Bronze, it is one of my favorites. I love it by itself, must use that soon and fall in love again! I would consider the mixing medium, is that a Pro item? I thought you could just use glycerin and it will do the same thing, no?

aradhana

i got the brush today...the contour one. at first i thought it was sold out, but then they told me someone had stolen their 'tester'!
anyway, i can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning! though application with fingers was also working fine for me with the sculpting creams.

regarding the pressed pigments, what do you guys mean by 'crushing'? mine don't seem to have chunks...or maybe they do and i just can't tell....