MAC False Lashes Collection (December 26, 2013)

mousygiggles

One thing I've got to add here - colored mascara isn't only about adding color to the lashes. Even more important than that is how colored mascara changes the appearance of the eyes. Blue will make the whites of your eyes brighter and shades like plum and burgundy wake up hazel and green eyes immensely, bringing out all the gold and green tones. It's a secret, subtle way to really enhance the eyes. Try one eye with black and the other with a color and you'll see!
I love using teal and purple/plum to just the tips for an added impact but I need brown for my everyday looks too. Mine are so light that they take on too much color without a base of brown. Not pretty lol.

MRV

I don't dare to get of any of these as not even the waterproof version is waterproof on me, not to mention all liners except for Superslicks and such. I was wiping off panda lines again all day yesterday, and on the weekend, too!
cry.gif
I will get a new mascara, but that might take up to two weeks before it arrives.

ahoythere

False lashes WP was totally NOT WP on me either, panda eyes worse than any other mascara I've tried! The one mascara that stays put all day is actually Opulash (the regular black, not the carbon pigment one), so if you're like me and every mascara ends up down your face you should try it. Or Blinc's tubing mascaras which come in other colors too.

erine1881

False lashes WP was totally NOT WP on me either, panda eyes worse than any other mascara I've tried! The one mascara that stays put all day is actually Opulash (the regular black, not the carbon pigment one), so if you're like me and every mascara ends up down your face you should try it. Or Blinc's tubing mascaras which come in other colors too.
If you like the regular opulash, you better stock up, cuz it's getting the boot!

ahoythere

If you like the regular opulash, you better stock up, cuz it's getting the boot!
In the UK too? I haven't heard anything about that yet here...but they never tell us anything. I'll live without it, it's just the only MAC mascara I can actually recommend for people like me who turn every mascara into panda troubletown.

erine1881

In the UK too? I haven't heard anything about that yet here...but they never tell us anything. I'll live without it, it's just the only MAC mascara I can actually recommend for people like me who turn every mascara into panda troubletown.
I'm guessing so??? Do they ever keep stuff in the UK that they DC in the US?

liba

The Optimum Black Opulash is sticking around at least. I find it's too black for the natural look of the formula for my tastes, but if there's a point where that's the only Opulash out there, I'd get used to it.

erine1881

I saw that! I'm kind of torn about stocking up on something like mascara where there are new formulas and brushes every damn year. I do like the big brush a bit better than the teeny weeny style brushes we're seeing more of now, and nothing else is as easy to remove without additional eye makeup remover….but, you never know when something better is just around the corner and you're saddled with a drawer full of BUs you feel like you ought to use first. I will get a couple of extras, though, because who am I kidding… :crazy: :busted: The Optimum Black Opulash is sticking around at least. I find it's too black for the natural look of the formula for my tastes, but if there's a point where that's the only Opulash out there, I'd get used to it.
I'm dreading the day when my box of 20some Mascara Xs starts to dwindle down :cry:

mousygiggles

I saw that! I'm kind of torn about stocking up on something like mascara where there are new formulas and brushes every damn year. I do like the big brush a bit better than the teeny weeny style brushes we're seeing more of now, and nothing else is as easy to remove without additional eye makeup remover….but, you never know when something better is just around the corner and you're saddled with a drawer full of BUs you feel like you ought to use first.

I will get a couple of extras, though, because who am I kidding…
th_crazy.gif
busted.gif

The Optimum Black Opulash is sticking around at least. I find it's too black for the natural look of the formula for my tastes, but if there's a point where that's the only Opulash out there, I'd get used to it.
I think my fav big brush one is Too Faced Lash Injection. Man oh man I love that one.

liba

I'm dreading the day when my box of 20some Mascara Xs starts to dwindle down
cry.gif
I wound up not BU'ing the Opulash - one day it was there on the site and then one day boom, gone.

It's not the end of the planet, because as expected, there's the Studio Sculpt Lash and I really love the brush on that one. It'll be a decent replacement for the Opulash natural look. In the fall, there's that Mineralize mascara too, so
th_rolleye0014.gif
nocomment.gif

I have been enjoying Artificial Aubergine a lot - it really brings out the green in my eyes, so I may wind up getting an extra or two of that one, since it's not a common color at all.