MAC False Lashes Collection (December 26, 2013)

Odelia

I can't wait to read some reviews! I'm most interested in Plum Reserve and Artificial Aubergine.

NaomiH

I can't wait to read some reviews! I'm most interested in Plum Reserve and Artificial Aubergine.
Same here, I'd like to see how well they work on dark lashes. I'm not expecting super bright colour on my lashes, but I would like a nice noticeable colour.

lyseD

I looked BADgal plum yesterday, beautiful colour, I'll probably pick it up next week.

Addict4MAC

Same here, I'd like to see how well they work on dark lashes. I'm not expecting super bright colour on my lashes, but I would like a nice noticeable colour.
iagree.gif

mosha010

Unofficial review of artificial aubergine and plum reserve / false lashes collection If you have dark lashes this is prob going to be a very slight slight **** SLIGHT color glimpse. I tried with the prep prime mascara, I tried without. Just no. My Latina lashes are too dark. Tears. The plum reserve did show very light glimpse in color but after 3 applications. This is with the primer on. And yes I'm pissy cause Nyc is foggier than the Himalayas and I had to take the bus and I'm running late (because my mascara application and tryout took forever to give me a respectable result)
e4u8yza2.jpg
ta9ybu8u.jpg
I'm curious to see it in blonder eyelashes and I'm sure it'll look amaze balls but mine are too dark for this. Wahh. So I'm returning for a refund. More tears. I hate not giving a product enough chance but this is the second day it makes me late as I try to make it work....

liba

I haven't tried this latest batch of MAC colored mascara yet, but I will say I've got black lashes too, except with some colorless tips, so I usually get some color out of them. Mainly, though, I really get noticeable color on sunny days - so noticeable I've had many GUYS (who never notice anything), ask me if I'm "wearing blue on my eyes", etc. This is why I mostly wear colored mascara in the spring and summer - best seasons for it, imo.

One thing I also do to enhance the effect is to wear eye liner in a matching color along with colored mascara - that definitely brings out the effect better.

I do think a subtle hint of color as you turn your head is overall more flattering - it does what makeup is coolest for…making people take a second look but not necessarily registering WHY they're taking that second look. I love that!

mosha010

Thanks Liba thats a great way of explaining it ... I just dont Have any glimpse of color at all with the aubergine it just looks brown... I'm returning in anticipation with other collections I'm sure I will spend money on too. I get that "suspicious " look with blue where people can tell but with the plum and aubergine I got nothing. Just if I stare at myself in the sun I see it .....

liba

Thanks Liba thats a great way of explaining it ... I just dont Have any glimpse of color at all with the aubergine it just looks brown... I'm returning in anticipation with other collections I'm sure I will spend money on too. I get that "suspicious " look with blue where people can tell but with the plum and aubergine I got nothing. Just if I stare at myself in the sun I see it .....
Do you have brown eyes or hazel? My eyes are green but shift around in color a lot, so I bet that's another reason why colored mascara works so well for me - even when the color isn't obvious on my lashes, it affects the color of my eyes. The super great one for that was the grey mascara MAC came out with a couple years ago. OMG I looooooooved that one so much for how it would alter my eye color. That one will probably never come back, but it was so glorious. I've got BUs I don't even want to open, much less ration while using.

mosha010

Do you have brown eyes or hazel? My eyes are green but shift around in color a lot, so I bet that's another reason why colored mascara works so well for me - even when the color isn't obvious on my lashes, it affects the color of my eyes. The super great one for that was the grey mascara MAC came out with a couple years ago. OMG I looooooooved that one so much for how it would alter my eye color. That one will probably never come back, but it was so glorious. I've got BUs I don't even want to open, much less ration while using.
My eyes are so dark they're almost black. I wear contacts sometimes but overall my eyes are very dark so are my eyebrows and eyelashes. It's ok I've resigned the only color that will be noticeable is the blue

liba

My eyes are so dark they're almost black. I wear contacts sometimes but overall my eyes are very dark so are my eyebrows and eyelashes. It's ok I've resigned the only color that will be noticeable is the blue
I bet navy would make the whites of your eyes appear whiter too - even if the color didn't show up much, but yeah, doesn't sound like you're the best candidate for every color under the sun until someone comes up with a formula that has next-level coating ability.

lilinah

Thanks for the info, Erine. I prefer volume over length, but i figure it'll still work OK on my skimpy lashes. I wear glasses so i prefer stuff that makes me look like i still have eyes lurking behind the lenses.

I have hazel eyes, dark brown hair with white sidewalls, and ridiculously thin eyebrows - i use Omega matte shadow or Dirty Blonde Fluidline Brow - anything darker and i look like a bad Joan Crawford. I have found that colored mascara IS noticeable on my lashes. My basic mascara is dark brown (or brown/black), but i retired my last tube, and am now reduced to using various sample tubes of black mascara from sephora.

I think blue mascara is not so good on me. It just doesn't go well with my coloring. My skin is neutral, so i can wear both warm and cool colors, just not too far in either direction: too warm and i look pink; too cool and i look yellow. And i have only two blue garments, a silky periwinkle top and a dark blue (but NOT navy) cardigan. I only wear warm blue shadow on my eyes - light aqua or teal - that plays well with the green in my eyes.

Since i really have to see in person a number of the items in the "Magnetic Nudes" collection, i'll wait to pick up Aubergine and Counterfeit Brown at my local MAC on the 26th.

mousygiggles

Thanks for the info, Erine. I prefer volume over length, but i figure it'll still work OK on my skimpy lashes. I wear glasses so i prefer stuff that makes me look like i still have eyes lurking behind the lenses.

I have hazel eyes, dark brown hair with white sidewalls, and ridiculously thin eyebrows - i use Omega matte shadow or Dirty Blonde Fluidline Brow - anything darker and i look like a bad Joan Crawford. I have found that colored mascara IS noticeable on my lashes. My basic mascara is dark brown (or brown/black), but i retired my last tube, and am now reduced to using various sample tubes of black mascara from sephora.

I think blue mascara is not so good on me. It just doesn't go well with my coloring. My skin is neutral, so i can wear both warm and cool colors, just not too far in either direction: too warm and i look pink; too cool and i look yellow. And i have only two blue garments, a silky periwinkle top and a dark blue (but NOT navy) cardigan. I only wear warm blue shadow on my eyes - light aqua or teal - that plays well with the green in my eyes.

Since i really have to see in person a number of the items in the "Magnetic Nudes" collection, i'll wait to pick up Aubergine and Counterfeit Brown at my local MAC on the 26th.
Those are the 2 I am considering. My lashes are light and black over powers them if I am not doing a dramatic look. Can you please post swatches of these two? I am in the boonies and can't get out to the store for a while but if they are good browns I might order. My favorites are both discontinued and I am living on backups of Dior Mitzah and EL Sumptuous Extreme Copper.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by lilinah

Those are the 2 I am considering. My lashes are light and black over powers them if I am not doing a dramatic look. Can you please post swatches of these two? I am in the boonies and can't get out to the store for a while but if they are good browns I might order. My favorites are both discontinued and I am living on backups of Dior Mitzah and EL Sumptuous Extreme Copper.
Oh, yeah! Dior Mitzah was my holy grail, but i didn't realize that until it was no longer available.

As for the new mascaras... i went to my local MAC yesterday and apparently someone stole the shipping boxes with the new mascaras and all the Punk Couture lipsticks!!! I'm sure they'll look OK on me, so i'll buy them on-line. But it takes around 8 business days to get here, which means i won't see them for close to two weeks.

I hope someone else can show you swatches sooner.

mousygiggles

Oh, yeah! Dior Mitzah was my holy grail, but i didn't realize that until it was no longer available.

As for the new mascaras... i went to my local MAC yesterday and apparently someone stole the shipping boxes with the new mascaras and all the Punk Couture lipsticks!!! I'm sure they'll look OK on me, so i'll buy them on-line. But it takes around 8 business days to get here, which means i won't see them for close to two weeks.

I hope someone else can show you swatches sooner.
Thank you! That is so sad that people would do that. GRRR. I might try to go to STL next week sometime.

liba

One thing I've got to add here - colored mascara isn't only about adding color to the lashes. Even more important than that is how colored mascara changes the appearance of the eyes. Blue will make the whites of your eyes brighter and shades like plum and burgundy wake up hazel and green eyes immensely, bringing out all the gold and green tones. It's a secret, subtle way to really enhance the eyes. Try one eye with black and the other with a color and you'll see!