MAC Fix Fluid help....PLEASE

nettiepoo

I really like my studio fix fluid in nw 25, BUT..im having problems with it sinking into the fine lines (around eye area) and looking cakey making me look really old. I desperately need some help from the great specktra ppl. That being said any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
mac_addict.gif

MUALindsay

Re: Fix Fluid help....PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettiepoo
I really like my studio fix fluid in nw 25, BUT..im having problems with it sinking into the fine lines (around eye area) and looking cakey making me look really old. I desperately need some help from the great specktra ppl. That being said any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
mac_addict.gif

How much are you using? I only use 1 pump (about a green pea-size) and that's enough to cover my entire face and I don't have prefect skin, at all. It sounds like you could be using to much. Do you use a primer?

nettiepoo

I usually pat on 4 small dots on cheecks and 2-3 dots on forehead along with a couple small dots on the chin. After reading your responce it sounds like im going overboard, but it seems as if it want blend in good enough if i dont use that much. No i do not use a primer and my face has sensitive redness, kinda oily and a little dry as well (hope that makes since) whatprimer would you reccomend? oh i also use moisturizer clinique . and clinique sunscreen.

EvoPandaPnay

try using Mac prep & prime or smashbox photo finish oil free primer. i you want to diminish fine lines.. try avocado mask (egg white, avocado,and lemon) used blender so it turn to a paste like. make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. leave on for 15 minutes then wash with your cleanser then apply your moisturizer then apply your foundation. I started doing avocado mask once a week. my lines diminish and my skin feel smooth and glowing. =)

MUALindsay

Yes, I agree with MAC's Prep+Prime Skin Primer or Smashbox. Personally, I just use Clinique's Pore Minimizer to deal with the oil on my chin & nose. Sometimes MAC's Skin Refined Zone, if my pores on the sides of my nose are looking rather large.

Make sure you wait 5+ minutes after applying lotion and/or sunscreen, to apply the primer and other 5+ minutes before applying foundation.

What are you using to apply the foundation? I use a 109 brush that I mist with a spray of Fix+ and gently dip my brush into the foundation, stipple on, starting on my cheeks, where I need the most coverage, and then buff in. I have an oily t-zone and rosacea on my cheeks, which makes them a bit dry. If you want to see how I do this, there's a video on my YT Channel, link below. It might or might not help.
smiles.gif
It's kinda hard to see all my skin flaws (in the video), but this is definitely my favorite foundation.

nettiepoo

^^ I use the 188 brush to apply my foundation. The lady @ the mac counter said I could use it for that and blush and my skin finish in medium. I dont have the fix + but I kinda want it. My question is do I really need it? If I do then I have no prob getting it. I just nedd to justify it I guess. lol. Thanks for info. I am going to watch your yt. I have never used facial primer before, Iv always used clinique 3 step system and there moisturizing stuff with sunscreen spf. 25. Most of my redess is on my cheeks with some on the chin an a lil across the nose. It sounds like i need to make a trip to my mac counter really soon. Im going to get the prep and prime for my face, it sounds like that would greatly help with my situation. Thanks for your answers.

P.S I just watched your yt video and it was very helpful. Im going to subscribe!

Civies

I also just use one pump of my SFF and it's enough! Are you using the 188 for stippling or are you just brushing it around your face? The 188 is made for stippling, so if you were applying it incorrectly then that might be why it's sinking into those fine lines.

MUALindsay

Quote:
I dont have the fix + but I kinda want it. My question is do I really need it? If I do then I have no prob getting it. I just nedd to justify it I guess. lol.

I can't say you NEED the Fix+, but I think it helps. You can try misting your brush and foundation with a spray of water, for a similar effect.
thmbup.gif
I mostly just use the Fix+ to help smooth out my foundation by thinning it out a tiny bit and dampening the brush, so it doesn't soak up as much foundation.

nettiepoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
I also just use one pump of my SFF and it's enough! Are you using the 188 for stippling or are you just brushing it around your face? The 188 is made for stippling, so if you were applying it incorrectly then that might be why it's sinking into those fine lines.

I think im doing a lil of both. Sometimes I get in a hurry and just brush it around, hmm.

MUALindsay

Quote:
I think im doing a lil of both. Sometimes I get in a hurry and just brush it around, hmm.

Yea, I think the 188 is definitely a stippling brush and not so good at buffing/blending, that's why I opt for the 109, I can do both. I'm sure it can be done with a 188, but it'd take me lots of practice.
lol.gif

nunu

I have the same problem. I only use 1 pump, stipple and blend with 187 or the 109 i alternate between the two. I love the coverage it provides and that i don't get oily throughout the day as opposed to other foundations that i have tried.

I use smashbox photofinish underneath it as well...It just looks like i am wearing a mask..lots of lines show through as well.
ssad.gif

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I have the same problem. I only use 1 pump, stipple and blend with 187 or the 109 i alternate between the two. I love the coverage it provides and that i don't get oily throughout the day as opposed to other foundations that i have tried.

I use smashbox photofinish underneath it as well...It just looks like i am wearing a mask..lots of lines show through as well.
ssad.gif

I don't even use a primer. I just use Clinique's T-Zone Shine Control on my nose and chin, where I get oily, and let that sit a bit and apply my SFF.