MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

CrimsonQuill157

Dang, almost $40 (plus tax) for two lipsticks. It wasn't that long ago I could get 3 MAC lipsticks for $45.

Right? I think this is why everything has been so skippable for me. If I'm going to spend $17 on a lipstick, I might as well spend a little more and get something like Urban Decay lipsticks or KVD liquid lipsticks. When I first got into MAC they were $15 and that was just two years ago. At $17, it needs to be something remarkable for me.

Anneri

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but I saw a german blogger mentioning that we will get the single e/s instead of the palette here. Release date is March 1.

NoooooooooooOOOOOO! The only thing I was interested in, boo!

Well, money saved. Screw you Mac and your stupid policy to sell different stuff in different countries.

lipstickaddict

Thanks a lot! I wore ER yesterday, it's so pretty. Tbh, FoF and HYC don't look that much different in your swatches. I mean I can see the difference but I don't think it's enough for me to rush and get it.

You're absolutely right. In person they are different and definitely on the lips as FoF has more berry. If you're at all interested it is best to check it out in person. While I really like HYC, I actually still prefer FoF. It's a hard one to beat!

iheartcolor

I haven't seen any swatches of the nail lacquers. I 'm hoping Miami meets my expectations LOL

Last edited:

amy04

Every single one of these lip products are beautiful! Cremesheen glass is one of my favorite formulas, too. Hmmm :rolleyes:

B

Buffy89

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but I saw a german blogger mentioning that we will get the single e/s instead of the palette here. Release date is March 1.

Oh, I don't know what to think about this. I was pretty glad I didn't like the palette enough so that I can skip. The single eyeshadows make my list longer now. I wanted to allow myself two or three items, but I like at least six now :hmm: besides, it's really bad for those who wanted the palette.

bluelitzer

... thanks for the comparison swatch @lipstick addict. Sorry couldn't attach the original post. I'm still getting used to the site. I ended up getting Hollywood Cerise lingering around on the website lol

Last edited:

Marsha Pomells

... thanks for the comparison swatch @lipstick addict. Sorry couldn't attach the original post. I'm still getting used to the site. I ended up getting Hollywood Cerise lingering around on the website lol

Wow... And I thought Cardinal was a lingering one over on this side of the pond... Amongst others I've seen on a different website.

lipstickaddict

Your most welcome! Glad you could get HC! It's a real beauty! :)

VioletPearl

View attachment 51799 Thanks! Okay, here we go. I finally figured it out! Yay! Okay, light isn't the best but from left to right, Flat Out Fabulous, HYC, Hollywood Cerise, Betty Bright, Fashion flock.
I can try to take some better picks in better light tomorrow!

You may not be able to see it clearly in the pic, but FoF and Hollywood Cerise both have a lot more berry undertones than HYC. HYC is more definitely more purpley. :boink:

I was so bummed that Fashion Flock is onine exclusive, now that I see how similar is to Betty Bright I am quite happy! Thanks for the swatches! :catdance:

Nessy

Same here. What's on your list Nessy???

I have in my notebook Be Silly, Nice to meet you, Sweet Tooth, Embrace Me and I really would like to get Have your Cake but I've seen conflicting swatches. Won't get it all as can only afford two items :)

Vandekamp

Thanks for doing this. Love your swatches. I ordered Have Your Cake last week. I can't wait to get mine today or tomorrow.

Vandekamp

You're absolutely right. In person they are different and definitely on the lips as FoF has more berry. If you're at all interested it is best to check it out in person. While I really like HYC, I actually still prefer FoF. It's a hard one to beat!

Interesting observation. Flat Out Fabulous is one of my absolute favorites too. I'm so excited to get Have Your Cake.

Vandekamp

Right? I think this is why everything has been so skippable for me. If I'm going to spend $17 on a lipstick, I might as well spend a little more and get something like Urban Decay lipsticks or KVD liquid lipsticks. When I first got into MAC they were $15 and that was just two years ago. At $17, it needs to be something remarkable for me.

I so agree with you. The price hikes and the games Mac likes to play with LE items has left me less enamored with them. I used to love them. Now....they are just okay. There is soooo much competition out there now.

CCKK

Vandekamp please post pixs. I am wanting that lipstick too as well as Be Silly and Embrace me lipliner. Going to go after Golden Olive pigment too.

nazih09

Just Oh my and Spring Flock blushes for me. It has been so long since I've wanted something from Mac.

Shars

Interesting observation. Flat Out Fabulous is one of my absolute favorites too. I'm so excited to get Have Your Cake.

Hey Vandy!! Did you pick up anything? I only got the Oh, My! blush as I don't have anything like it. I'm aiming to spend a lot less in makeup this year and so far so good!

Latest posts