MAC Foundations

Chanel_MAC

Recently, I was given a sample of SFF and PLW to test out. I think I prefer the PLW, but I also think I'm starting to breakout from the foundation. I know MAC foundations seem to be hit and miss as to whether or not they make you break out, and just because one makes you break out doesn't mean the other one does.

I have normal to combo skin, and I prefer a natural matte or semi-matte finish with light to medium coverage. My T-zone seems to be the oiliest, so I normally blot or use my NYC Smooth Skin Translucent powder to knock out any shine. What MAC foundation would be a good one to test out? I've heard Studio Sculpt isn't bad for combo skin, but that it can be heavy. How is Satinfinish? From what can tell, it seems to be close to Revlon PhotoReady?

Babylard

Sometimes people break out because they don't completely remove it from their skin. Studio fix and prolongwear especially sticks to your skin. Try cleanse off oil and then your facewash of choice and really massage the oil on your skin and wash off. Use a toner on a pad to make sure everything is clean.

I personally love the prolongwear concealer as my foundation for full coverage xD
studio fix is too yellow but has great coverage too. prolongwear didn't cover anything for me :(
studioscupt sinks into my pores and looks disgusting if you have oily skin :(

Chanel_MAC

Sometimes people break out because they don't completely remove it from their skin. Studio fix and prolongwear especially sticks to your skin. Try cleanse off oil and then your facewash of choice and really massage the oil on your skin and wash off. Use a toner on a pad to make sure everything is clean.

I personally love the prolongwear concealer as my foundation for full coverage xD
studio fix is too yellow but has great coverage too. prolongwear didn't cover anything for me :(
studioscupt sinks into my pores and looks disgusting if you have oily skin :(
Well, I used a white towel to dry my face, and nothing was left on it. Neither was anything on the cotton pad from the toner I used. So, I don't think it was from not totally getting it off, but who knows. I just know I have a nasty zit on the side of my nose that wasn't there the day before, and I didn't use PLW the day before.

SFF was too yellow on me as well, but the PLW gave me just enough coverage. I could use concealer if I wanted to, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm not very oily, just in my t-zone as the day goes on. For the most part I have normal skin that seems pretty well balanced. Would Studio Sculpt still be a bad idea?

Chanel_MAC

I would try Studio Sculpt at least, it is a very good foundation IMO. I have really changeable combination skin and I can use it when I am feeling dry skinned (I apply with a damp sponge) and when I'm oily (apply with 190 brush). It gives medium coverage I'd say, but it does need setting with a powder (I use Ben Nye Visage Banana)...I don't find it too heavy, Studio Fix is more heavy to me.
I ended up trying and loving this! The MA use a 130, but it seemed to heavy for me. I washed my face, so I'm going to test it out using a damp sponge on one side and my fingers on the other.

GlamQueen21

I have tried on the SFF and I loved the coverage of it! When I tried on the PLW, I fell in love with it and the concealer and bought both. If you use PLW foudation, do mix it with your concealer to get a full coverage.