MAC Girl About Town. Who has this? Does anyone wear it? I ask because....

mishameesh

It seems like such an intimidating color! But I think its gorgeous anyway. Everytime I go to the MAC counter, it catches my eye!

So I finally decided to buy it and I put it on (I've tried it on many times, but I hate the lighting at the Mac counters) and let me tell you! This is one of those colors that will be responsible for many, many double takes! Hopefully in a positive way. Even though, its very flattering on my NC42-44 skin... But then I wonder if I'm gonna be too chicken to wear it?

WOC, do you dig bright pink/fuschia lippies?
If you have Girl About Town or something similar, what other mu items do you pair it with? I'm thinking neutral eye? Lotsa eyeliner? Something else? I don't know which blush would look best.

Let me know!
Thanks ladies!

makeba

i dont have this color but i surely have thought about it becuz its packed with color. the only thing i can suggest is using a lip brush to apply the color so that way you can get it to your liking. i think its one of those amplified colors so it has a lot of pigment. a neutral eyeshadow with a heavy winged liner and cool cheeks would be very cute. wear that color girl with much confidence!!!

lilMAClady

Hi, I ADORE bold lip colors! I would use a neutral shadow. But you don't have to. Just sheer it down and smoke it up(If you are using a color like indigo or purple)! Like bold fucshia lips with sheer smokey navy eyes. But if you are too afraid of all that, just do a flawless luminized face with a sheer wash of your color of choice. The key is to wear the color with confidence. People will absorb your vibes and usually view you accordingly. So be bold and proud!! (I'm NC45)

QTAllStarGurl

omg I luv luv luv girl about town!!! I bought it like a few weeks ago and I honestly dont wear it a lot but when I do I just pair it it up with neutral colors or thick-ish liquid liner and looks that I normally pair with red lips and such but I normally wear a pinkish blush with it with a super super light hand b/c i dont wanna look like clown lady lol since girl about town is soo bright...but its amazing

pahblov

I love this colour! Neutral eyes look great it with, but if I'm feeling really bold I'll wear it with Wookwinked and Parrot with Out to Sea liner. The blue and pink is really fun!

Fairybelle

Funny I read this thread since I JUST purchased this color today because it too caught my wandering eye! I LOOOOVE how pigmented and rich this color is. Goes perfectly with Cranapple Creamstick Liner and Malibu Barbie l/g (or Standing Ovation or Crystal Rose). It isn't harsh at all with my NC30 skintone!

Simply Elegant

I don't have it yet but everytime I go to MAC I always want to get it but never do.

I would pair that with a cool light pink blush like well dressed or pink swoon or dame and highlight my cheeks with a light pink highlighter. For my eyes, just black liquid liner. Maybe false lashes if I want to be more dramatic.

priss

ive worn mac cosmetics for 16 years. and girl about town is one of only 2 lipsticks i have ever re-purchased after using my original up. for darker skin- im nw 45/nc50 lining with vino is awesome. for lighter skin i would use magenta liner. i use it myself sometimes when i dont want a "lined" look.

and if you REALLY want to bump it up a notch use hothouse lipglass (strange hybrid launch) or polish me pink lip varnish ON TOP of girl about town

for some added shine but not a whole lot of extra intensity plus luxe plushglass is great of you can stand the formulation- a lot of people cant.

beware, the above suggestions are not for the timid!!!

pairing girl about town with coygirl blush will give you a chance to add a little color to your eye and not be stuck with too plain an eye pallet.

braidey

I haven't seen Girl About Town, but I wear Hothouse and it is really bright. I do a neutral eye with mascara and eyeliner.
NW45

mariecinder

I'm NC20 and I just picked up Girl About Town. I wore it out to a club on Friday night. It is a gorgeous color and its as close to a red lip as I'm ever going to get. I love it! My bf was a little put off by it but he ended up liking it in the end. I paired it with Satin Taupe eyeshow and some black liner. You just have to rock it!

L281173

I don't have that shade, but I wanna get it now. I would pair such an eye with a black and wine smokey eye or a navy smokey eye.

Girl about town

i luuuuuurve girl about town im NC30 and blonde green eyes and whenever i wear this colour everyone always raves about it!! its so bold and gives the effect of a red lip. I wear mine with courtly grey and dovefeather e/s a flick of black eyeliner and it looks so dressed up i love it xxxx

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I find that this color makes my lips look smaller though...does anyone have any tips for me?

You can try lining lips first a tiny bit outside of your lipline (don't go too far or it can look too artificial). Cranapple Creamstick Liner is perfect for this. You might also want to consider putting a dab of gloss in the center of your pout once you put the lipstick on. Try a dab of Cushy White Plushglass right in the middle of your lower lip, press your lips together, then use a lip brush to smooth out the edges of the Plushglass into your lipstick. HTH!

AlarmAgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I find that this color makes my lips look smaller though...does anyone have any tips for me?

I have the same issue with any darker, or brighter lip colors. The only thing I know of that can help is a little gloss focused on the center of the bottom lip, and highlighting above the cupid's bow on the top lip.

I've been looking into purchasing this from DuWop, the Lip Venom Prime? It's supposed to have the plumping affects of Lip Venom (which worked for me, but I know is sort of results may vary) but with a lipbalm feel, and a matte finish, which seems to make it perfect for priming lips before application of a otherwise recessing lip-color. Can't really vouch for it yet though, but if I buy it, I'll update!

I totally feel you on the smaller looking lips, though! Used to always stop me from wearing colors other than nudes.

zabbazooey

I have GAT and I dislike it, greatly. I'm looking to swap it. For some reason, I can rock the heavy eyecolor, but bright lipsticks just intimidate me for some reason!

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbazooey
I have GAT and I dislike it, greatly. I'm looking to swap it. For some reason, I can rock the heavy eyecolor, but bright lipsticks just intimidate me for some reason!

I know exactly what you mean! I have pretty much no eye crease so my eyes just look weird if I don't have a darker on them to give them depth. The only other thing I can do if I want a neutral eye is to wear big false lashes, but even that still looks weird on me. Then again, maybe it's because I'm so used to wearing dark and bold eye make-up that I feel naked when my eyes are so sheer and pale. I gotta work on that, I love red lipstick (haha, I buy it and never wear it) and now this topic makes me want GAT.