MAC Gold leaf - how do I use it?

ieatbugs

I just recently won an auction on ebay for some mac goldleaf - I want to apply this to a section of my cheekbone to look 'android like' for a concert I have in a month - how do I get this to adhere to my face in a chrome like finish?

aeni

Here's what I got from the pro site:

A special-effects gold leaf that transfers onto the skin. Comes in sheets. Presses on to stay on. Use creatively and provocatively. As a small ornamental Rococo effect pressed onto cheek, shoulder, breast or arm - or as a creative aspect of a body painting.

Don't be afraid to test it first. If it doesn't stay on, then you may need an adhesive and a complaint to MAC!

Shawna

I'm pretty sure it just adheres to the skin like the pro site says. Maybe try a bit of eyeliner mixing medium if it won't stick.

ieatbugs

When I try to press it on it only wants to stick to my finger, which it adheres to perfectly. after attempting to apply about half a sheet (in small flakes), only one tiny piece stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
Here's what I got from the pro site:

A special-effects gold leaf that transfers onto the skin. Comes in sheets. Presses on to stay on. Use creatively and provocatively. As a small ornamental Rococo effect pressed onto cheek, shoulder, breast or arm - or as a creative aspect of a body painting.

Don't be afraid to test it first. If it doesn't stay on, then you may need an adhesive and a complaint to MAC!

ieatbugs

It sticks very well to the back of my finger but no luck to my face :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I'm pretty sure it just adheres to the skin like the pro site says. Maybe try a bit of eyeliner mixing medium if it won't stick.

kaliraksha

I would say something just sticky... like lip gloss. Sounds like by using your hands you are somehow activating the "stick" in it... maybe it transfers/sticks with the heat of your hands? Try glove or tweezers so it can't get stuck to anything moist and warm.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Does it have like a side you're supposed to use on the skin... maybe you're applying it the wrong way up hence sticking to your finger and not your face?!