MAC Hello Kitty Brushes?

sedated_xtc

Hi everybody, just wondering who's gotten a look at these and how they were comparable to the full sized ones?

And another thing is...how are these made compared to the regular ones? I heard that the holiday sets (around Christmas time) brushes are mass produced in China (or something like that?) whereas the regular full-sized ones are all hand made in France...thus the difference in quality...
th_dunno.gif

If somebody here knows, please let me know!!!

erine1881

this has already been mentioned in the HK thread.

they're the same machine-made brushes as those in the holiday sets-made with aluminum ferrules. the quality of all SE brushes, which can range from super crap to not so crappy crap) vary based on which factory they're made in (not just in china).

all full-sized brushes are hand-made, in various countries (not just france) of lacquered wood handles and nickel-plated metal. this makes the quality far superior to that of the SE brushes, whether they're with the holiday sets or with collections like HK.

kittykit

I have a set of SE brushes, they're not as good quality as the full-sized ones but am happy with them. However, I found the HK ones pretty bad quality.

pianohno

Sweetie, I'd give them a miss if I'm honest - I was going to get them until I saw the quality in person and I was disappointed actually.
th_dunno.gif

mdjmsj

I have both the Carmine Holiday set and the HK set and the Carmine brushes seem to be of higher quality, but I'm not unhappy with the HK brushes. On the two face brushes, there was some initial shedding, but that ceased after a wash. The eye brush, I personally like and haven't had any problems with. The duo fiber brush isn't dense enough to apply liquid foundation, like the regular one, so I just use it for my MSFs. Overall, for the price, I'm satisfied-the little HK cup is really cute and holds all of my brushes nicely :)

fairylite100

I bought these and then returned them without using. While I LOVED the brush cup and would have bought it separately if available, I just didn't feel the brushes were worth keeping the set.

xxAngelxx

Maybe I got a good set, but mine are pretty soft. Definately not as soft as the full size, but I do like these HK brushes.

deja1214

I really, really like these brushes. I didn't buy them expecting miracles so I wasn't disappointed when I didn't get any. I think they are soft and usuable. Maybe I got a good batch though.

GlamQueen21

I bought them and I like them! Even though I will get a full size of all three of them soon so that I can compare. I heard that the full size ones are better than the SE ones.

xxAngelxx

I used the black & white brush today for the first time (the 188?) and I lov eit. I used it with a bright pink blush and it went on perfect. For the first time, I didn't look like a clown with this pasrticular blush lol. I also got the full size of this brush. Both are just love.