MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Thia Winter

Well that certainly narrowed it down LOL.

I already knew that I'd be more interested in the sets anyway. Only things I'm lemming are:

Stolen Moment
Catch My Eye

I'm a sucker for anything Taupe.

tats

I think this will be the first collection where I may end up getting all the lipsticks.. I so can't wait for the swatches!!!!

Anitacska

By Request is coming out in October (first week), this might be end of October or November, I'm not sure.

I want so much from this collection, but I can't afford everything I want. What's the betting MAC put out another collection alongside it, too? Aren't we supposed to be getting By Request in the UK at the same time? Gulp!

From this one, I at least know I can easily skip the lipglasses and the nail lacquers, and I think I can skip the fluidlines. I can hopefully skip the blushes too, since I have bought so many this year (watch that change when I see swatches lol).

I think I just want Outrageously Fun, 2 of the kohls, a backup of Superb and most of the eyeshadows. I hope we get swatches in plenty of time for me to be able to cut down my eyeshadow list.

Mac-Guy

I hope there will be a cute Christmas ornament. If so, I'll get several. They not only make cute gifts, but they also serve a great purpose.

MakeMeUp79

Hi All,

first post but i been reading for ages. Not sure if this has been posted before but it has some of the description of some of the gift sets.

http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/09/mac-glamour-daze-holiday-2012-collection-gift-sets-sneak-peek.html

CartoonChic

Hi All,

first post but i been reading for ages. Not sure if this has been posted before but it has some of the description of some of the gift sets.

http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/09/mac-glamour-daze-holiday-2012-collection-gift-sets-sneak-peek.html
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
Thanks for sharing the link.

OctoberViolet

th_hello2.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Thanks for the link!!!!!

Hi All,

MACina

WOG and Albatross are not similar at all.I tried to swatch them side by side:

Sorry for the poor quality but I hope that it helps anyway....

I have been KICKING myself for not buying whisper of gilt the first time around. Do any of you lovely Specktrettes own WOG and Albatross? Can you post swatches side by side? I have Albatross already and now I'm wondering if I should get WOG. I was so excited when I saw this was being repromoted! But now I'm wondering if I'd really be buying a dupe. Please post swatches if you can.
bouquet.gif

quiteviolet

I had no idea people were comparing WOG to albatross. good thing they don't look anything alike! I'll definitely be getting one!

OhSoJaded

Hi All,

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
and thank you for the links. Ahhhh, go figure the only set I want is the purple CSG and we still don't have info on it, haha!

tats

Thank you so much for swatching these.. I also have albatross and I was a bit worried if they were similar. Thanks god they are not and I will be getting WOG for sure!!

singer82

Those wondering about whisper of guilt, it is beautiful! I'd def get it. It has such a pretty sheen, and it's shimmery without being glittery

hwdsprincess

Those wondering about whisper of guilt, it is beautiful! I'd def get it. It has such a pretty sheen, and it's shimmery without being glittery
Agree it was love at first sight for me and I wasn't even interested in them, I just started using it again couple weeks ago and it def is perfect highlight material not glittery at all just like a nice shine to it perfect on top of ur blush

Genn

I use my WOG almost everyday but trying to keep my GD cost down so I am forcing myslef to not get a backup.

cucumbers

My wishlist so far:

For sure:
Beauty l/s
Whisper of Gilt s/f
Orpheus k/p (I was PRAYING that they would bring this back!!)
Feminine Edge f/l

Maybe:
Glamourdaze l/s (As long as it's not TOO dupable....)
Innocence l/s (I HATE frosts, but this color looks so pretty!)
Dramatic Encounter l/s
Flight of Fancy l/g (I don't usually wear gloss, but this looks great! I need a swatch)
A Natural Flirt EDES
Stolen Moment EDES
Girl Trouble n/l (perm, so I can probably resist it, but I WANT it!!!!)
Catch My Eye f/l
Easy Manner blush
Small Vanity blush

I also want the mint green leopard brush bag (assuming the quality isn't TOO bad - I really just want it for traveling), the light powder/lipstick box, and maybe the peach lip bag? Assuming the l/s isn't a perm color I already have, of course!

I don't think I've wanted this much from a single MAC collection since Fab Felines.

Teggy

I have absolutely no idea what I want. But I'm one of those girls who needs to see swatches first...or at least test them on myself.

liba

I NEVER back up eye shadows, but I did BU Dark Dare EDES, because I figured there was no way to do a better black. Tall Dark and Handsome is still calling out to me, but I'm guessing it'll be very shimmery. I wish some of the new EDES have a "Glow" finish like Dark Dare - almost matte if you want, or you can wet it down and bring out more sheen.

martiangurll

Extra Dimension eyeshadows?! I'm SOLD! Tall Dark and Handsome made me chuckle! I have a lot of black eyeshadows, but being a black eyeshadow fiend and a sucker for the name, I just want to get it! Now just waiting on the swatches...
Yes, these are looking more appealing and now we have this color story with all these new, fabulous colors in the EDES finish, I may just skip the MM eyeshadows and save money for these!