MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

shontay07108

I like the texture. It's really smooth and pigmented with a shimmery or metallic finish. I can apply it with my fingers, which I really like. That's why I like (but not love) them.

xasperadastra

If I wind up breaking down and getting lipsticks, Glamourdaze is the other one I've got my eye on! It probably won't have as brownish a cast as OoaK or Offshoot, which makes it tempting. If it's like a little clearer Flaunting It with good coverage, yeah...might buy.
eeksign.gif
I really am starting to enter the Too Many Lipsticks Zone after all the bounty of 2012, so it's on my mind. Not to mention, I can see myself going hog wild with those Mineralize lipsticks next year......
This year I've bought almost 20 new lipsticks O____O I don't have mm "too many" (around 33...) but I can't keep on buying that much, it's crazy XD Mac has come up with too many beautiful shades this year!

sss215

So I've asked this before, but I don't think I got any answers and I'm really curious, so I just have to ask again: Can anyone please explain to me why people love the EDES? What makes them so special? I didn't pick any up the last time they were around, so I have no idea what the hype is all about...but if they're really that amazing, I feel like i should probably pick up one or two of them from the holiday collection?
th_dunno.gif
Since some type of gel to powder technology is used for them, they work as colored eyeshadow bases. They are smooth to apply and blend and are pretty long wearing. Bringing them back is like MAC's holiday present to us! I can't wait!!!

Michelemu21

Dark Dare is HG black for me. I seem to have a reaction to a lot of black e/s (NYX Black, Carbon, Typographic). I have been wearing it almost nonstop since I got it. It has a smooth, buttery texture that I love.

tats

So I've asked this before, but I don't think I got any answers and I'm really curious, so I just have to ask again: Can anyone please explain to me why people love the EDES? What makes them so special? I didn't pick any up the last time they were around, so I have no idea what the hype is all about...but if they're really that amazing, I feel like i should probably pick up one or two of them from the holiday collection?
th_dunno.gif
makes me want to buy at least one and see for myself as I don't own any..

lyseD

th_dunno.gif
For me it was mostly about the shades available but after I used them (I have four) I really loved the texture and sheen.

I have three on my list from GD the lilac, the blue and the purple (although MAC Canada still has the purple from the original release and it is a lot more product for the price, so we'll have to see.)

PRESIDENTslim

th_dunno.gif
I picked up 4 or 5 colors when they were released. I loved them because they are super duper pigmented, they are not "chalky" ANNNNNND they feel like a cream but dry like a powder. The formula is very impressive and the wear time is great. I look forward to picking up more!

hwdsprincess

my sisters bday is oct 14 and mine is next day on oct 15 lol (we're 5 years apart though)  Happy birthday to us indeed!  i have an interview tomorrow morning. if i get the job i wouldnt mind paying 19.50 for a shadow lol
Happy bday to you all my daughters bday is the same as yours luvlydee it's coming up!! Hope you get the job

ChosenOne

I picked up 4 or 5 colors when they were released. I loved them because they are super duper pigmented, they are not "chalky" ANNNNNND they feel like a cream but dry like a powder. The formula is very impressive and the wear time is great. I look forward to picking up more!
Wow, thank you for all of your input, everybody!! Definitely sounds like an interesting formula. So it seems like no cream base (such as paints or paint pots) would be needed for these, since they're bases themselves. How does the texture compare to that of paint pots? I'm guessing it's just creamier/more gel like?

I think I'll pick two of the EDES colors from this collection to try them out
yes.gif

Audrey C

Love Rich Core. I'm thinking about Grand Galaxy but I'll compare it to the new purple first. I'd rather have the larger one for the price.
I had Grand Galaxy but I just didn't like it on me - it was too cool. It looks much better on my daughter so I gave it to her.

I'd rather have the larger shadows as well, particularly since they aren't as dense as regular shadows. The originals weren't as much larger than the normal MAC shadows as the packaging would have you believe (on a weight basis); the new ones really will have very little product. I like the EDES but don't think they're worth the price for the small amount of product. Too bad - I was interested in the nude and the taupe but I can find other dupes.

I still want some of the holiday sets though.

prettygirl

Fall trend is hot and i love every minute of it. This is the time I can stock up on all my favorite lip colors, cause they will get the boot as soon as the trend is over, lol

I hope we see more of these lips on the awards show. The nude lips are really safe and just blah!
I'm glad that I'm not alone! When I first saw Nightmoth.. I was "aww hell naw... that's too dark for me".. lol. But after seeing all these swatches and after these suggestions.. I'm definitely going to have to buy Nightmoth AND Rebel!!! I'm in LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! You Specktrettes ROCK!
flower.gif

Lipstickdiva420

Going to have to try out the edes. I can't stand chalky eyeshadow

OhSoJaded

I'm still trying to catch up on this thread, but I THINK I've come up with a pre-lim list.

Lipsticks:
Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Lipglass:
Talk Softly To Me - light creamy coral pink
Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow: *this list will eventually shorten as I see more swatches*
A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude
Ready to Party - pale lilac
Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
Evening Grey - steel silver
Stolen Moment - dark taupe

Fluidlines: I will end up with ONLY ONE of these. Just need to test them out.
Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl
Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl

Kohl Power Eye Pencil:
Raven - intense black with red pearl
Mystery - intense black with green pearl

Powder Blush:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Going to try and resist these, since I've purchased WAY too many this year...but I'm sure I'll come home with at least one (if it's unique enough). [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Now, back to reading the thread...[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EDITED TO ADD - Just noticed that this was my 1000th post....wowza! [/FONT]