MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Audrey C

I'm going in next week to see the collection before I pre-order anything for myself. I'm not sure what I'll get (if anything). I may surprise myself.

hwdsprincess

Ok so I was looking at my list and comparing it to the images from the nordstroms catalog and names and the swatches. They don't match the swatches I've been seeing. The SA said that the names were in the same order as the pictures. So she said that dramatic Encounter was outrageously fun. I think I might go back and cancel my order and see my normal girl before I prebuy.
Oh yea go back I noticed that right when I saw the book she told me the same and I'm like it's not in order and she googled the things and yea they were not in order, that's why I didn't order any shadows but now I can't remember if I ordered beauty or innocence so I'm gonna go in and add a few things prob tomorrow... So go in soon to make sure u don't get the wrong things

Naughtyp

oh dammit lol I have to back again?! ughhhhh lol so they are labeled correctly in order in the book? and all the swatches. are mislabeled?

hwdsprincess

oh dammit lol I have to back again?! ughhhhh lol so they are labeled correctly in order in the book? and all the swatches. are mislabeled?
So they have in the catalog the pictures and under it lists the names of things and all of that is wrong... You have to look it up yourself w the description for example I'm the one blush is described midtone blue pink but in the book the order it was in was wrong that's how I knew cuz I knew the name of the blush and the description as well as outrageously fun... So go back check what you ordered Cuz the catalog is not in order

Jol0

Ahhhhhh my friend just sent me swatches of everything!!! When will this go up on Pro? This weekend??

Supercoolstephy

Oh yea go back I noticed that right when I saw the book she told me the same and I'm like it's not in order and she googled the things and yea they were not in order, that's why I didn't order any shadows but now I can't remember if I ordered beauty or innocence so I'm gonna go in and add a few things prob tomorrow... So go in soon to make sure u don't get the wrong things
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I thought I was crazy at first. I went back and cancelled my order. I've got my new list but I think I might wait till I can swatch at the actual MAC store and then go back to Nordstroms and use my Nordstrom notes.

ChosenOne

I feel okay pre-ordering based on the descriptions of the colors. I feel like even if the descriptions aren't 100% accurate (which has been noted already, particularly with a couple of the EDES), I'm confident saying which is which by looking at the picture, regardless of what order they're listed in the book.

Just ran through my wishlist. 6 items I definitely want (and debating if I should also get a b/u of one or two things...a question I never asked myself before joining specktra, lol) and 5 items on my maybe list. I think I'll order the definites when the collection launches online and wait to swatch the maybes in the store in order to make my decision on those. Decided I'm not going to the launch party, so hopefully most of the chaos will be on that night so that I can go to the store the next day and swatch in peace. Wishful thinking?

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by lmcmullen
I think I'm in for about 4 of the EDES as it stands right now. I got all of them from the last collection, and backed up about half of them I loved them so much. I really wonder if they changed the formula, since I don't find the old ones sheer at all. I get real good coverage from them and they last forever on me (and few eyeshadows do).

My first test was a single swipe on my inner arm -- very pale and soft skin -- and the colors were very sheer but extremely light reflective. I also single swiped on the back of my hand -- much tanner and more... uh... textured skin -- and the colors were deeper. Some of this could have to do with the particular brushes i used - i borrowed them from the MAC mua and she gave me several with all-white bristles. I don't know if that could have made a difference.

Then i tested several of the colors on my eyes. The coverage tended to be more sheer in one pass, but with several passes I could build up the colors.

As for sheer, well, there's sheer and there's sheer... Some MAC eye shadow quads have colors that we describe as sheer meaning weak because they have terrible color pay off.

The ED e/s are not like those at all. These are not a weak kind of sheer, colorless or chalky, but a classy kind of sheer, an intense kind of sheer (does that make sense?). The texture is very silky and they go on smoothly and give even coverage. In the light there is plenty of color, but in low light they are just not as light reflective, which is only to be expected. The dark colors are plenty deep and the mid-range are bright. So no one should worry that they aren't getting enough color and shimmer for their money.

I clearly wasn't worried: i bought 5 and am toying with getting a 6th. I wouldn't be so excited if they were weak. I've passed on e/s in some other collections because the colors were sheer in a weak way.

If they've changed the formula, i don't think it's for the worse. In the first ED release depth of color and staying power varied with the particular color. I regret not getting a few more colors from the first release. All i tested in this release -- every color except Evening Grey (not interested) and Ready to Party (not available) -- went on nicely, with controllable coverage. I put them on about 7 hours ago and my eyes still look extra dimensional
flower.gif

hwdsprincess

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I thought I was crazy at first. I went back and cancelled my order. I've got my new list but I think I might wait till I can swatch at the actual MAC store and then go back to Nordstroms and use my Nordstrom notes.
Lol I'm waiting for eyeshadow swatches at Nordstrom to use my card there....I ordered I'm the one blush, superb, outrageously fun, and I think beauty lipstick.... I want to get the the other blushes but omg I've bought too many lately but then I've ordered too much of everything lately , I want the pink fluidline too

princess sarah

I use either my 239 or 242 and I dampen the brush with fix+ and apply them onto a stick base
what's the best brush for the ED eyeshadows
Every time i cut back my list, i see more swatches and add more items back onto my list!

Outrageous Fun looks pretty, but I have so many pinks now and I am purchasing some sets with pinks too so that is a probably pass. Divine Blue and Stylishly Merry are both staying on the list for sure and now I like Ready To Party as well! Now more interested in Easy Manner and Small Vanity for some variety in my blushes! Orpheous and Raven are staying on, Feminine Edge is staying on but might drop little black bow and keep the pink lip bag

1 Word = Broke before i even get to other collections!

singer82

Ash
what's the best brush for the ED eyeshadows
Damn I was hoping I'd hate the edes cause of the price, now I want a few...damn I use my 252 for the lid. I like it cause you can use it to get a wash of color or you can pack it on. Or of course the always trusty 239!