Mac In Mode

jpohrer

I attended the MAC in Mode event at Nordstrom today! It was really fun! Gina B, a member of the MAC Pro Team, and Denise, our Regional Trainer, led the seminar. The four trends for the next 6 months are as follows: Eye Max, Skin Thing, Intelligent Bronzing and So Super.

Skin Thing showcased Prep and Prime products. Apply Eye Primer with the 272 brush. Pat on concealor under the eyes with a brush- do not swipe. Prime the eye by applying an eyeshadow a shade darker than your lid (like Kid, Soba, Embark, Wedge) in the crease with 222 brush. To find the crease, keep eyes open and look down.

Eye Thing was a smoky eye. After priming the crease as above, use 242 to pat Blitz & Glitz on the lid up to where the prime color begins. Using 242, apply Dark Soul on top of Blitz and as lower lid liner. Apply Blooz to the waterline. Another look was White Frost on lid, Rye on outer lid, Scarab in the crease, and Lichen as liner with 208 brush.

Intelligent Bronzing is using a stick foundation in a dark shade to contour. Using the 109 brush, apply dark stick foundation to cheekbones (from mid ear to outside corner of mouth), around the perimeter of face, down the nose, and under the chin. Apply blush on the apples only.

So Super refers to the 90's Supermodel eyebrows.

Beauty Powder is used to brighten the skin. It can be applied with the 187. You can squish the 187's hairs together to use it to contour cheekbones.

Our goodies included a MAC pencil, black container to hold brushes and pencils, a notepad with blank face and eye charts divided into the four segments above, and three MAC in Mode postcards.

aziajs

Quick question. What is MAC IN MODE? I love the looks on the site but I have no idea what the whole thing is about.

Isis

All I know is that it was some Nordstrom event. I didn't go though, actuallly I'm not even sure we had one in our area? (Baltimore/DC)

Juneplum

MAC IN MODE was the next @ nordstrom event. it's kinda like a trend show where they show u what the trends for makeup are going to be this spring/summer. they usually have one at the beginning of the year, and one in fall. i went to the one here a few weeks ago. it was awesome!

Trax

I'm going to MAC IN MODE March 11 at Nordies
smiles.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
MAC IN MODE was the next @ nordstrom event. it's kinda like a trend show where they show u what the trends for makeup are going to be this spring/summer. they usually have one at the beginning of the year, and one in fall. i went to the one here a few weeks ago. it was awesome!

They finally changed that cheesy name?? It's about time!!!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
They finally changed that cheesy name?? It's about time!!!

yeah really!! where have u been woman?? ur never there when i go!!
weeping.gif