MAC - In The Studio Discussion

sleepyhead

info from erine1881

In The Studio (all locations)
Dec. 26th, 2009​

Studio Fix Lash: (perm)
the wand is one of those rubber, spiky wands.
Black Fix
Studio Brown

BlahWah

OMG. I've been so out of the loop but this just slapped me in the face with how MIA I've been with collections. I went to the Estee Lauder sale yesterday and recall seeing some mascara for $10 and I'm pretty sure it was the Studio Fix mascara. I didn't recognize it to be from the regular line so I thought it was from a previous collection - who would expect an upcoming one there? - so I dismissed it, since MAC mascaras don't usually work on me anyway. But now I'm hitting myself over the head...
fool.gif

I could be wrong, but I have this horrible feeling that I'm right... if anyone's going to that sale, please confirm!!!

LMD84

hhmm i shall skip this as i never really use mac mascaras. that said if everybody says it's out of this world amazing then i shall try it!
winkiss.gif

Swirlgirl

A pass for me too. Lately I am loving Shu Uemura Ultimate Expression Mascara. I'm on my second tube - and for a product whore like me, that is the first in quite some time.
tong.gif

GlamQueen21

I may skip it for now since I'm in love with Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara!! It's the most amazing mascara that I've ever used! If the mascara is a big hit, then I'll consider purchasing it.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hhmm i shall skip this as i never really use mac mascaras. that said if everybody says it's out of this world amazing then i shall try it!
winkiss.gif

Yeahp! Me too. I have a mascara I love and everytime I go and try anything else, I come back to my mascara. So i'm skipping this too no matter what fabulous everyone else says it is! That's more money for crushed metal pigments!!!

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
OMG. I've been so out of the loop but this just slapped me in the face with how MIA I've been with collections. I went to the Estee Lauder sale yesterday and recall seeing some mascara for $10 and I'm pretty sure it was the Studio Fix mascara. I didn't recognize it to be from the regular line so I thought it was from a previous collection - who would expect an upcoming one there? - so I dismissed it, since MAC mascaras don't usually work on me anyway. But now I'm hitting myself over the head...
fool.gif

I could be wrong, but I have this horrible feeling that I'm right... if anyone's going to that sale, please confirm!!!

OMG! Are you in Toronto???
shockt.gif
I'd lovveee to go to that sale! Is it possible for me to go?
ssad.gif
Or strictly private?
ssad.gif

BlahWah

^ It's by-invitation only but check out Red Flag Deals, sometimes people give away theirs. Tickets are given to Estee Lauder employees and companies which work with EL. I think the next sale is... early June? I don't always get tickets as I'm relying on the generosity of others!

I don't know how good the mascara will be either, I was just shooting myself for not knowing the item wasn't even released yet and I could've tried it out to report! =P And for $10, if I really hated it, it would've been good to have around for a b2m emergency!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Yeahp! Me too. I have a mascara I love and everytime I go and try anything else, I come back to my mascara. So i'm skipping this too no matter what fabulous everyone else says it is! That's more money for crushed metal pigments!!!

good point!
mac_haul.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the crushed pigments! I'll consider skipping this mascara to get the pigments!

How could you???
lecture.gif

girlhaha.gif
Just kidding!!

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
^ It's by-invitation only but check out Red Flag Deals, sometimes people give away theirs. Tickets are given to Estee Lauder employees and companies which work with EL. I think the next sale is... early June? I don't always get tickets as I'm relying on the generosity of others!

I don't know how good the mascara will be either, I was just shooting myself for not knowing the item wasn't even released yet and I could've tried it out to report! =P And for $10, if I really hated it, it would've been good to have around for a b2m emergency!

Ohh I know that site! Thanks hun!!!
greengrin.gif
I guess I'll try for next time! How sad
ssad.gif
just missed it!!!

MUALindsay

How does the Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation SHADES compare to that of Studio Fix Fluid? I'm NC15 (great match) in SFF, so I'm wondering if I should get NC15 or NC20 in SFPPF. Thanks!

Door

I'll give this mascara a chance. Over here the drugstore brands cost about the same (if not more) than MAC mascaras (and with no return program like B2M). I've already tried 3 MAC mascaras and the one I'm currently using (Plush Lash) is way better than most of the other mascaras I've used.

PinkBasset

I'm interested trying out this mascara (along with Plush Lash!). I have never tried those with the rubber wand, so that is new to me and fun to try!
smiles.gif
Hopefully those two turn out to be good, other Mac mascaras haven't exactly got me excited.

Funtabulous

It's not bad. The wand does do a good job of separating the lashes. I can work it up to get some relatively dramatic lashes. Not as dramatic as Zoom Lash, but easier to work with. I tried using Zoom lash in conjunction with this product and got a nice result (the brush 'combs' through clumps well). I have only used it a few times, and am going to work with it a little more before I come to a conclusion about it, but this was my first impression.

TeresitaMC

This isn't the case on the American site, but on the Canadian site, since release date, it has never listed any colours in accordance to this mascara. Even when you add to basket, it just says the mascara name and no colour.
I'd love to try this. Plastic/rubber bristled wands always work great for me, and I usually use them as my "base" mascara.

Winthrop44

I haven't tried this mascara but I'm getting curious about it. It's getting good reviews on MUA and another customer stopped by my counter raving about it when I was there the other day.

Enchantedcameo

The MA used this one me when I went for the Warm and Cozy/Love Lace lauch. I really liked the effect. Not as dramatic as some, but you definietly build it up.

Camnagem

I've been using this new mascara every day since I got it and I'm a bit on the fence. I'm not a huge MAC mascara fan, but I really wanted to like this one!

The good news...this doesn't clump on me at all, and I haven't experienced any smudging or drying out/flaking off. I get good separation of my lashes and it's quite buildable without getting goopy and gross. Also, I love the brush! It's not as chubby as the Lash Blast brush, and the bristles/spikes are more spread out.

The not so good news...If you want serious drama, this isn't the product for you. It does layer well with other mascaras, but alone I could see this being quite average for most. It takes quite a few coats (and time I don't have in a hurry) to achieve a look I'm really happy with.

One more thing! With a little effort, this mascara is just right for the whole "no make-up" make-up look I'm so into right now. If you're curious, I'd say this is worth a test drive, but try it before you buy it!