MAC Interviews & Hiring Process

Cali1luv

Well the recruiter called me....she said they r pursuing a stronger candidate for the position.. what now... like what do I do these next 6 month's?

Pamele

I did a bit of research, but I still don't get a couple of things...
Do you need any previous experience (like working in sephora, etc)
and do you need any fancy diploma from some makeup school?
I'm soo confused on these, 'cause there's so many tips online, I just don't know...

vanessas82

I did a bit of research, but I still don't get a couple of things... Do you need any previous experience (like working in sephora, etc) and do you need any fancy diploma from some makeup school? I'm soo confused on these, 'cause there's so many tips online, I just don't know...
Nope you do not need anything like that. I'm sure it would look better when applying but it is not necessary at all. As long as you are comfortable with putting makeup on other people, have basic knowledge about MAC and techniques and retail experience.

jillywojo

I did a bit of research, but I still don't get a couple of things... Do you need any previous experience (like working in sephora, etc) and do you need any fancy diploma from some makeup school? I'm soo confused on these, 'cause there's so many tips online, I just don't know...
They really want you to have an emphasis on selling and being approachable to the customers. When I interviewed about a year and a half ago, the manager wanted basic makeup experience but she said it was more important to have people skills and selling skills.

Pamele

Thanks girls, now it sounds like something up my street :D
It actually would make no freaking sense to be soo makeup oriented...

I posted on this forum about a year ago.

A year later, I'm waiting on my first MAC interview in two days. So happy yet nervous.
Hope I get the job!!
Any MAC girls from the DMV area here?? :)

I posted on this forum about a year ago. A year later, I'm waiting on my first MAC interview in two days. So happy yet nervous.  Hope I get the job!! Any MAC girls from the DMV area here?? :)
Hey hun, I'm not a Mac girl yet! Lol but I'm pushing my way through. Which location r u interviewing for and who did u get in contact with? The old recruiter no longer works for that company...:( I'm currently with their sister company Bobbi brown.

Hey hun, I'm not a Mac girl yet! Lol but I'm pushing my way through. Which location r u interviewing for and who did u get in contact with? The old recruiter no longer works for that company...
ssad.gif
I'm currently with their sister company Bobbi brown.

Hey! I applied at the Macy's MAC counter in pentagon. They said i am interviewing for a freelance position with the company. I had my interview this past sunday.

I also applied to the new Sephora opening up in Springfield Town Center and have an interview with them tomorrow in Fair Oaks. I'm thinking of starting out in Sephora first and then Mac because I don't have cosmetics retail experience. Mac is my dream job but I feel like retail wise i need more experience. Which Bobbie Brown do you work in?

Hey! I applied at the Macy's MAC counter in pentagon. They said i am interviewing for a freelance position with the company. I had my interview this past sunday.  I also applied to the new Sephora opening up in Springfield Town Center and have an interview with them tomorrow in Fair Oaks. I'm thinking of starting out in Sephora first and then Mac because I don't have cosmetics retail experience. Mac is my dream job but I feel like retail wise i need more experience. Which Bobbie Brown do you work in? 
Girls let me know how everything goes and who the new recruiter is if you find out!
:( I applied to that one too! Did the counter contact you after you applied or did you contact them?? And I screwed up my interview with the Sephora in fair oaks! I was already in, but was pursuing the Mac job in Dulles airport which turned out not the way I planned.:( I'm pretty sure you will be interviewing with Shannon for Sephora she's so cool! Good luck hun! And I work at the lord and Taylor Bobbi brown in fair oaks. @makeupByjisel Let me know how your interview goes! Nichole I will let you know if I find out!

Nichole I will let you know if I find out!
When i applied to the counter i was offered a interview as soon as the manager read over my resume actually lol. But i think my next interview if i get one will be with the recruiter for my demo part.
Tomorrow I'm interviewing with Madeline, she's the new Springfield Town Center manager i guess but she is currently at Fair Oaks until the Mall is done. I think I have a higher chance with Sephora than MAC because I don't know as much product knowledge nor do i have sales experience honestly lol. But i will let you know how it goes! Do you have a Instagram? If you do what is it? Mine is @makeupbyjisel i can keep you posted on there :)

Cali1luv

For those who didn't get called back....what are you gonna do while the whole wait 6 months thing happens? Practice to improve your makeup skills?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the second call back? it's been a week since my interview. i was told that i was for sure getting a call for my second one.
has it ever took longer than two weeks for anyone? just wondering lol

Hi everyone! So I have a group interview this wednesday at my local mac counter and I am soo nervous. I am a pretty reserved person so I am afraid I won't stand out because of my lack of bubbliness. I do have some retail experience but my real talent is my makeup skills and passion for mac. I really want to work there but I am afraid my anxiety is going to stop me from ever getting a call back for the demo. Any advice on the group interview.. do they ask each person individually or do you just have to be the first one to answer..? Literally any words of advice on the process or how to appear more bubbly would be appreciated!!

Mine took about 2 weeks
smiles.gif
its been almost two weeks since my first interview. they told me that i will be for sure receiving a call for my second interview which is the demo. I'm a little worried since its almost been two weeks. I guess I'll wait another week and see what happens lol i really want this.

Hi everyone! So I have a group interview this wednesday at my local mac counter and I am soo nervous. I am a pretty reserved person so I am afraid I won't stand out because of my lack of bubbliness. I do have some retail experience but my real talent is my makeup skills and passion for mac. I really want to work there but I am afraid my anxiety is going to stop me from ever getting a call back for the demo. Any advice on the group interview.. do they ask each person individually or do you just have to be the first one to answer..? Literally any words of advice on the process or how to appear more bubbly would be appreciated!!
how did your interview go??

vanessas82

its been almost two weeks since my first interview. they told me that i will be for sure receiving a call for my second interview which is the demo. I'm a little worried since its almost been two weeks. I guess I'll wait another week and see what happens lol i really want this.
How did your interview go hun?

Latest posts