MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2014

jchait

I went to a counter yesterday that I've never been to before to check out the ANR collection (I was passing by) and I asked the SA about Nightmoth being DC'd.  She gave me a knowing look and said she heard lots of talk about it, but for now it's still being sold.  She basically didn't confirm or deny it.
Why does this keep happening more and more where employees say both sides of the spectrum?! I'm so tired of it

Mizani

Spring Bean has been discontinued for a little while now from what I understand. Hate I didn't get a couple before it was. I better buy me a Nightmoth then. I LOVE this color. Wish I had gotten Velvetella Creme Liner but I didn't even know they had discontinued it until I wanted to by a new one a couple of years ago. It is good to visit this thread every few months to prepare. LOL!

DMcG9

Spring Bean has been discontinued for a little while now from what I understand. Hate I didn't get a couple before it was. I better buy me a Nightmoth then. I LOVE this color. Wish I had gotten Velvetella Creme Liner but I didn't even know they had discontinued it until I wanted to by a new one a couple of years ago. It is good to visit this thread every few months to prepare. LOL!
God, I love Velvetella. I still have a couple BU's. Even though it's Nightmoth's dupe, for some reason it just looks a lot better on me than the pencil.

cassie05

I think "indian wood" is being discontinued in Guam. I went and searched for it at Macy's and the MUA said it was a limited edition and they no longer have it. :(

Vandekamp

I went to a counter yesterday that I've never been to before to check out the ANR collection (I was passing by) and I asked the SA about Nightmoth being DC'd. She gave me a knowing look and said she heard lots of talk about it, but for now it's still being sold. She basically didn't confirm or deny it.
Say it isn't so. I am going to have to stock up on it. Nightmoth is my fav lip liner. Darn.

Why? Why? Why?

MissElle12

Nightmoth is NOT being discontinued!!! It's just a crazy rumor!
It was a on a "to be discontinued" list (along with a few other very popular lipliners, lipsticks, etc) that an SA from MAC near my job voluntarily showed to me a couple months ago. When I get a chance to go back ill see if I can take a picture of the list.

Vandekamp

It was a on a "to be discontinued" list (along with a few other very popular lipliners, lipsticks, etc) that an SA from MAC near my job voluntarily showed to me a couple months ago. When I get a chance to go back ill see if I can take a picture of the list.
Do you recall any other lipliner or lipsticks that may be slated for the chopping block. Thanks in advance.

alexisweaver

Okie dokie! :)

I talked to a MAC trainer during the Nordies Anni sale and to her again about two weeks ago, and she said it's definitely not being discontinued and that the rumor is ridiculous.

MooseMoose

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was being discontinued, but it's such an iconic shade/name :( I may stock up on a couple, just in case. It's the perfect liner to deepen reds

MissElle12

Do you recall any other lipliner or lipsticks that may be slated for the chopping block. Thanks in advance.
The popular ones...as for lipliners I remember oak, boldly bare, strip down, in synch; lipsticks siss, freckletone, plink, as well as a bunch of plw ones...and c-thru lipglass. There were a lot more items on the list. The SA did say MAC will probably replace the lipliners in the exact same shade in but in the plw formula...I presume in the same way they introduced Fashion Boost Plw lipliner as an almost exact dupe for heroine lipliner.
Okie dokie! :) I talked to a MAC trainer during the Nordies Anni sale and to her again about two weeks ago, and she said it's definitely not being discontinued and that the rumor is ridiculous. 
I was shocked too--I mean it's nightmoth! The SA I asked about it last week didn't outright confirm or deny it. I guess we'll h just have to prepare ourselves and wait and see.

Latest posts