mac lipstick organizer :)

SHEILAB13

Just thought I'd share my idea of the perfect **no-cost** lipstick organizer....
DSC02979.jpg

DSC02980.jpg

I cut the box just above the MAC logo & tape 10 boxes. Then I tape the rows of ten together. One persons trash is anothers treasure. Hey wait...my OWN trash is my treasure LOL

SHEILAB13

I am a big fan of reusing things...baby wipe containers, shoe boxes, shipping boxes, paint cans from work. Geez...I sound like a big pack rat
smiles.gif

foreveratorifan

I had thought of that, but I didn't save all my lipstick boxes
ssad.gif

So now I'm putting all my lipstick in palettes instead!

Where were you before I bought all my lipsticks!!! LOL

GREAT IDEA!

leppy

I have totally stolen this idea lol. Right after I saw it I went digging for lipstick boxes. Too bad I didn't have nearly as many left as I need! I discovered tho that you can cut them in half and it works just fine, so you can basically make two holders out of one box if you need to. Good news for me since that means I can eventually catch up & have enough places for all my lipsticks. Hmm.. good excuse to buy more l/s...

Whats the box you used for the outside btw?

SHEILAB13

I used masking tape for the outsides & I'm thinking of decorating after I get a couple of more rows. Originally, I rigged up a shoebox to hold them before I realized I could use the lipstick boxes.

lenjhn

That would be really cute with some postcards decorating it! That is, if you had any to spare.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Go you! And you're doing the planet a favour! I too use some silly things for storage purposes - one of my favourite things for m/u storage is empty plastic Ferrero Rocher boxes - the lids are transparent and you can stack several lids and containers on top of one another to form trays or storage wells.

Janice

I made one of these tonight!

I went through an issue of Allure and cut out images I liked, then I used modge podge (a decoupage sealent) to seal in place and add a shiny gloss. It hasn't dried yet, but when it does I'll post a picture!
greengrin.gif

SHEILAB13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Okay, here was my interpetation.
smiles.gif
It's my first attempt at being crafty.
oh.gif

ls_holder.jpg

ls_holder2.jpg

Awesome!!!! I'm not sure how I want to decorate mine. My sister says I should put our favorite man...Keith Urban
smiles.gif

SHEILAB13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphan424
WOW! thats soo neat!! im gonna give that a try tonight after my MAC PRO TOUR TODAY at nordies! whahoOOO! **MUST..BUY...MORE...L/S..L/G..**
=P

Please give us a review of how the event went
smiles.gif
I'm going to my first one April 29

Sabine

what a wonderful idea.
smiles.gif

i knew there was SOME non-insane reason why i'd been saving so much packaging lately (about 3 shopping bags full in one of my bathrooms). and there are always a few rolls of duct tape in the house.

almost time to start clearing everything off the area that's going to morph into my new vanity; just waiting for all the nail polish racks i ordered to arrive (they're a good size for pigments, and my collection's kind of exploded lately...).