MAC lipstick staying power?

I love my MAC lipstick but I find that the staying power isn't all that good.

I wondered if anyone had used MAC lip primer and if it makes a difference with staying power?

I just find colours like 'snob' which are dramatically unlike my natural lip colour wear off to the edges of my lips and create a ring around them. Even when I first apply it, if I open my mouth a little it looks funny seeing the inside colour of my lip against it, and it licks off quickly.

I've seen people wear bright colours with no problems, what are some tips to fix this?

Thanks

LatinaRose

You can make your lipstick last longer by doing it like this:

1) apply 1st layer of lipstick
2) blot with tissue
3) apply a light dusting of powder (I use Loose Blot)
4) re-apply lipstick

Mine lasts all day with this method!

Sanayhs

As well as the blot, powder, reapply method, it also helps to completely fill in your lips with lipliner before applying your lipstick. It will give it better hold and also fade more evenly over time. My favourite liners are the cremestick liners, even though they're kind of pricey.
ssad.gif

I've fallen asleep by mistake with my lips fully done up that way in bold red, and woken up several hours later with them still perfect, just the gloss faded a bit!

miss-lilly

To answer your question about lip primer : for me, it doesn't help at all with the lasting power of the lipstick..

But it makes my lips feel soft and smooth so it definitely helps with the application, especially with colors like Snob and matte l/s.
I just love it and definitely recommend it
thmbup.gif