MAC - MAC for Manish Arora Discussion

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
Mine is exactly like that too... and I bought it from MAC. That sucks that a shadow was swatched though.

I got mine at the Pro store and it looked over caked, the sides were messy and Deep Truth swiped through also. They just opened the box... It was rush or negligence in processing. I wouldn't worry too much about them being tampered with.

MAC really needs to have some sort of tamper proof seal though. I am sure lots of the product was returned due to this.

Sanayhs

I find the messy state of the palettes to be a bit shameful - it's just sloppy and totally unnecessary. It certainly doesn't look good. Mine's not too bad, but it is rather dusty (from the shadows) and a bit uneven.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I find the messy state of the palettes to be a bit shameful - it's just sloppy and totally unnecessary. It certainly doesn't look good. Mine's not too bad, but it is rather dusty (from the shadows) and a bit uneven.

Brings new meaning to the phrase. "Get em while they last" I guess
winkiss.gif

I think they should fire the QC guy and hire me, I won't let yall down
biguns.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs

true.gif
No regrets that the palette was already sold out when I went to the counter and store, although it was what I planned to get from this collection.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
true.gif
No regrets that the palette was already sold out when I went to the counter and store, although it was what I planned to get from this collection.

I'm definitely still very happy to have it. I like the colours.
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

They are! I especially like Nylon, Bitter and Going Bananas. Oh well, more money for other collections.
yes.gif
Enjoy your palette!

exoticarbcqen

I was browsing on ebay and here are some "deals" on the Manish stuff:

Brand new Manish Palette $54.99 BIN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320313499886&_trksid=p 3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Brand new Pink Manish gloss, currently $3.25 2 days 16hrs to go
100% AUTH MAC COSMETICS LIPGLOSS PINK MANISH ARORA BNIB - eBay (item 110303814404 end time Oct-31-08 15:16:12 PDT)

Brand new Pink Manish $24.99 BIN or best offer
MAC Manish Arora Pink Manish Lipglass NEW LE Sold Out - eBay (item 270293663349 end time Nov-01-08 08:35:57 PDT)

Brand new Devil Blush $29.99BIN
MAC MANISH ARORA LE DEVIL BLUSH SOLD OUT! BNIB - eBay (item 260305356823 end time Oct-31-08 09:20:16 PDT)

You can go through live.com and get back upto 25% for BIN purchases by the way, so if you missed out on this collection nows the chance. BTW, these auctions ARE NOT MINE. Just helping out my fellow specktraettes
smiles.gif

I got my sine Manish. its beautiful. its like a coral color. I mean on my complexion i feel i might be a little orangey but i love it. its not too orangey..its coral..lol. i only had to ebay it for about 20 bucks but i was determined to have atleast 1 thing from the Manish collection....i did it mainly for the packaging..i felt left out...

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escada
Well I am ashamed of myself. I wanted so desperately to get this Pallet that I broke down and paid way way to much for it on EBAY. I wasn't able to buy it directly from MAC. I was happy to get it but I can tell the seller swatched Nylon at the very least, and all but Deep Truth looks like it might have been repressed? How can you tell? The product doesn't go all the way to the top of the pans, and their all little squished out peices on the edges of the pans, not much bet noticeable if you look close. I looked at some photo's of other pallets on spectra, Manish ones, and I see some of those pans look simular. I think this is just the way the product came. What do ya'll think?

Mine came like this also, it was really messy when I opened the pallet.

I also CP'd one for another girl, I hope she doesn't think I opened it or anything. I opened the delivery box to check both items were there but never looked inside the product boxes.
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoshopaholicxo
can anyone tell me if shine manish more of a coral than orange? Or should I want til dame edna? I really want a coral lippie.

It's a beautiful bright coral orange. But, you can sheer it out with just one application. Its really very pretty on.
HTH

LP_x

Ooh I'm looking forward to the pics Bunny!!

My palette was a little messy too, but mainly little specs of Bitter on the mirror. I still love it though, even if only for Going Bananas
heart.gif

BaDKiTTy69

I finally had the time to play with my Manish Eyes Palette yesterday. And I have to tell ya all that I love it! The colors are amazing! Maybe I will post FOTD a little bit later tonight.

LadyFaenyx

I finally got my palette and blush(pink swoon) in the mail yesterday!!

Soooo much prettier in real life, wow.
I almost don't want to use them. haha.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaenyx
I finally got my palette and blush(pink swoon) in the mail yesterday!!

Soooo much prettier in real life, wow.
I almost don't want to use them. haha.

They look even prettier on than in their package!
graucho.gif

macvirus

I got the eye shadow palette and "girl about town" lipstick and they're gorgeous, very popping and cute colors. I missed the blushes though, but I'm gonna get them from ebay.
I just went to ebay to check on the collection and surprisingly the prices of everything including the eyeshadow palette, the blushes and the lipsticks have dropped significantly, compared to how expensive it was back then when the collection just came out. And no one's bidding on it so YAY, I'm gonna get the blushes soon!!!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
The Manish Palette is available on the website, I just ordered another one!!

WOW! That's great for those who didn't get it the 1st go 'round. I ordered 2 the 1st time; don't need another....But I would darn sure get me 4 more Shine Manish LGs! Two isn't enough for me! I want MORE!!!