MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Mac-Guy

I will go to the store tomorrow to check it out....and yes, u may have just talked me OUT of something LOL

TR is quite warm, though I don't think this is the problem if you want to use it as a contour. The issue will be the frost. It's rather subtle and it looks absolutely stunning on the lid, but it might be too much as a contour. Still check it out, as it is a lovely color.

liba

I saw the collection today and I really like it. I didn't haul anything because it just wasn't too unique to me. I have about 95% of the colors already! Nice to know I am on trend without having to spend a dime. I am wondering about Creamy Bisque though. I think this collection is pretty good for beginners. You really can one stop shop and build a personal kit with all these nice little staples. Has MAC ever done something so basic all at once before? I think alot of people will like the collection, cause its so everyday and easy to use.

Seaside looks a little like Peachtwist. It also reminds me of a lighter X Rocks.

The 226 brush is the same. Just ask if you can compare them before you buy. Don't forget about the 214 brush. Its great to use when smudging out those shadesticks. In my opinion, the 208 brush is best for cat eyes. Its such an underrated brush.

Is Prince Noir a redder version of Film Noir? I totally think so! Its pretty but done before.

One thing about Smoked Purple is that you can get Cyber, MUFE 49, W&W 918D, one of Sephora's lipsticks and be good with the dark purples. Smoked Purple is not that special.
Creamy Bisque: I bought this one. It's got a very refined sheen to it. Not too frosty, but not matte. No glittery bits, unlike in an MES or a Big Bounce. It was just whitish enough to reflect light up from my hooded lids in a flattering way, but dirtied out enough to not look harsh. This is a good one for makeup illusions for sure and good for day into night.

I used to use the 208 for cat eyes but I always found it really hard to use on my eye shape. Once I got the 211, I felt way more confident to do flattering and even wings.

Cyber is darker and much blacker than Smoked Purple. Smoked Purple is also redder than Cyber, and is noticeably more matte than Cyber, which is a Satin, if I recall correctly. I do like my Cyber but Smoked Purple's more wearable overall. It's one of those colors that will pop like crazy on just the right skin tone. Meanwhile, Prince Noir is redder and browner than SP, but about the same darkness. It's a color that's come around before - Hipness and Cunning both come to mind, but the really sweet matte texture is what pushed me over the edge to get it. I love matte lipsticks like a crazy lady.

makeupgrrl

I went to my local MAC store today...made sure to get there nice and early. I picked up:
- 226 brush
- 211 brush
- Dark Envy Fluidline
- Avenue Fluidline
- Mythical eyeshadow
- Prince Noir lipstick
- Smoked Purple lipstick

I was on the fence about Carbonized eyeshadow, but decided against it since I already have more than a few brown shadows. I was not in love with either quad...I was hoping I would love the Evil Eye quad but it was meh to me...LOL. I am regretting not picking up the Midnight Blues Fluidline, but I will see if they still have it tomorrow. I was really disappointed with the Outre shadow, I have been obsessed with owning it since I saw it online. It blended right into my skin when I swatched it though, it didn't look mustard yellow at all. I was also disappointed in the Stunner blush, it didn't really show up that well on my skin (the MAU informed me that it worked better as a layered blush on top of something brighter...not really what I was hoping for).

jpohrer

I saw the collection today and got three things: Oh, Oh, Oh, Social Light and Stunner. I swatched a few lipsticks on my hand and found some cheaper dupes from Revlon and some MAC clones. Social Light looks just like one of my favorite lipglasses ever, Major Minor. Runway Red was very similar to Red She Said. Revlon Colorburst in Rosy Nude is a dupe for Offshoot, and Revlon's Raspberry Bite is a dupe for Rebel. Revlon lippies are cheap this week at CVS!

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Icecaramellatte, I think your description of Street Cool is very accurate. It's a nice shimmery Version of Satin Taupe with an extra oompf of plum that gives it more depth. It's a must for taupe-fanatics!
love.gif
Thanks so much for verifying that. Lately, I feel like my perception of colors have been so different from other people. It's good to know I'm not completely off.

luvlydee

Got my 226 & 211!!!! Woohhoooooo happy camper now!

Nice! is your 226 tapered well?

I posted pics of some of the stuff i got. I'm still waiting on Carbonized (coming tomorrow) and the 226 brush (coming on tuesday :-[ ) i hope the 226 is tapered enough. if not, imma just buy the nars tapered brush

mousygiggles

Most of the 226 I saw were quite tapered but they did not have many. They were not like a small 224 at all. They were all more tapered than that just some were more than others. There were not many shadesticks, lipsticks and lipglasses in stock. It did seem that they had a ton of the shadows though. I really loved carbonized. It was much prettier in person in my opinon.

princess sarah

mine was picked up for me by my mac lady in canada... i have to wait for it to get here but i know she wouldnt have got it if it was bad quality.

Too impatient to wait for Aus release

Nice! is your 226 tapered well?

I posted pics of some of the stuff i got. I'm still waiting on Carbonized (coming tomorrow) and the 226 brush (coming on tuesday :-[ ) i hope the 226 is tapered enough. if not, imma just buy the nars tapered brush

liba

Ok more musings.....

Evil Eye quad: Hmmm, these were gorgeous colors. The only one that isn't an unusual color is the purple and even that is a matte (yup, I'm into mattes now in general). They did not swatch nicely on my hand - I had to really grind around a bit with the brush I had. I only had the 226 and a 234 sitting in the display to try it with, though. Honestly, these seem like you need one of the white goat hair brushes like the 239 or the 217 or alternately a flat stiff synthetic brush like the 212 to properly lift and apply it. I think with the right brush, it'll get on the eyes with an acceptable level of color. Still, I think they're going for matte but a bit sheer, rather than flat dense matte (which isn't that flattering anyways if you ask me). I'm really tempted to get this one - might need to go back to a store and try it on my eyes with a 212.

Lady Grey quad: The colors pick up better with a standard brush than Evil Eye and there are some nice daytime smokey pale colors here, but it's not the right set of colors for me. This is another one that will look great on blondes and a lot of asian skin tones.

CCBs: I usually don't care for these - they're too greasy for me and just sit on top of the skin without getting absorbed. At least the CCBs of the past were like this. Both of these new ones are much stiffer and dryer than the CCBs I own, which lets them apply much better - probably will have better wear on the eyes without creasing too. I'm tempted by Take Root, but I think I'll need to try it on an eye and let it go for a day to see if it creases like my other CCBs do.

Mythical: I couldn't resist this one - great for green eyes and is going to work really well in looks with the Semi-Precious MES. Right off the top of my head, Clarity, Quartz Fusion, Hint of Sapphire, Mineral Mode and Faux Gold are all going to be excellent in combination with it.

Moleskin: Seriously tempting. Probably will be getting this one too, since I've already told myself no more shadows unless they're matte or a perfect color to blend in with all my crazy Semi-Precious haulage.

Outre: I love mustard colors like this, but i need to go back and compare it to the ochre in the Colorization duo (that one swatched better, but may not looks as good on me - will have to test it more).

ALL of the glosses: Lots of really nice colors here, but let's face it, there will be plenty of similar colors in formulas better than Lipglass on the horizon. I still have (and love) Spree from Fabulous Felines, but Social Light might be a good replacement for it when I run out, which will be soon.

Not a fan of Oh Oh Oh for myself, but Offshoot caught my eye. It's a browner version of One of a Kind, which I adore and wear all the time.

I'm just glad I'm not interested in much from Cindy Sherman/Fall Color, because I bought a bit more from this one than expected. It's a nice solid and straightforward collection. My beloved manager back in L.A. mentioned one time to me that Fabulous Felines was the worst selling MAC collection in the 15 years he's been with the company, so maybe they felt like they needed to do a more basic, back to school type of thing that's nice and friendly for all.

singer82

Loving all the feedback! Glad everyones enjoying thier goodies.
I like that its more of a basics collection since I dont have many basic stuff in my collection. I'm have more bright and darker colors.

Got an email early this morning from Macys so I hopped on there to get the 226 Brush, so glad I was able to snag it. The Lady Grey Quad and Oh,oh,oh happened to hop in my cart (hate when that happens lol) I was going to pass on the quad but want something besides my Naked palette for neutral looks (those that have seen it is it good for that?) to go with the more bold and vampy lips this fall. Suppost to get my first box tomorrow YAY

ansimi

Ok guys I found the photo of me wearing Rebel it was for my bday last year I'm with hubby of course =) What do you guys think?

7d229308_DSC016182.jpeg

That colour looks great on you! It's not an obvious pick but a great contrast with your skin tone. And your hubby coordinates, have you got him trained for that?

aradhana

so after shontay's rave review of creamy bisque, and elegant's review of avenue, i couldn't resist those two items today, plus seaside ccb...i was kind of thinking about take root as a cheek contour colour, but i was a bit worried it had too much of a greeny blue tinge like root does on me, so i opted out....

xbuttonsx

You look fierce in Rebel! I totally dig it :)

Ok guys I found the photo of me wearing Rebel it was for my bday last year I'm with hubby of course =) What do you guys think?

7d229308_DSC016182.jpeg

I unexpectedly bought the 211 and tried it with the fluidline at the counter and am stoked. I can actually use gel liners now, and it won't look crazy shitty.

Latest posts