MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

PinkBasset

Yes I have the Urban Decay blacks, but Zero is not that black and not that shiny, and the black in the Black-palette is very very black, but also very matte (which is btw the best matte black there is). But now I want something that has almost that wet look to it and is super black.

PinkBasset

Black pigment with black pearl would be great!
love.gif

bis

[quote name="PinkBasset" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/810#post_2151108"] When do we get that shiny, metallic pure deep black eyeshadow? I need it! Like right now! I won't stop this whining until we get it.

I stopped by our counter today. We don't get any collections in August here, but four in September!
[/quote] [quote name="PinkBasset" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/840#post_2151121"] Black pigment with black pearl would be great!
love.gif

[/quote] That sounds lovely, I hope they make "your" eyeshadow. Four collections in September? Ugh. Did they know anything about GlamGlass btw?

Prettypackages

LOL, I made up my own description based off the name and skipped right past the description... YEah, I can't wait to see that.

Prettypackages

I wonder if the Carbonized is like that color that was in the Athma Quad from Mickey Contracter (swoons) still in love with that collection.

m0rg3nst3rn

I just got back from playing with the collection and putting my items on hold...
I must say I was excited when I got there but became really disappointed very quickly. For me both of the quads swatched poorly and the color payoff wasn't anything to right home about and I think that the Lady Grey quad actually swatched better than the Evil Eye quad. I even thought because I had lotion on it was because of that so I got a wipe cleaned up and swatched again and still was disappointed.

I told my favorite MA about my thoughts and she said she was underwhelmed and only got brushes and nailpolishes (she normally gets almost everything). She did tell me that the Cindy Sherman Collection was much better and she can't wait for it because she's already played with it.

They were missing a couple lipsticks and I liked Runaway Red and Prince Noir but not enough to get them...Maybe I will B2M for them on launch date...I'm not sure, it may just be me because I have so many reds already and a few purples...

Oh, if you have Root ccb, Take Root is so darn close to it, I really don't think you need both. i did think that the shadesticks were a little dry and the MA agreed with me and said that's why she didn't get any.

What I did get was:
-all of the fluidlines
-a few 226 brushes
-two 211 brushes (OMG I was so pleasantly surprised by it, I may need a third!)
-all of the nailpolishes
-seaside ccb
-carbonized
-outre

I think that was it...
If anyone wants me to, I will go back tomorrow after work and do some swatches if you really want but I think I will have to put a base under for the quads...maybe that will make a big difference? So just let me know if you want me to and I will go and do that.

Sadly...I think a lot of the stuff has been done before or they have something similar enough in the regular line. I mean most of the lipsticks you can get anytime by calling a pro store anyway...Sorry...I'm just a little disappointed...

Mac-Guy

I just got back from playing with the collection and putting my items on hold...
I must say I was excited when I got there but became really disappointed very quickly. For me both of the quads swatched poorly and the color payoff wasn't anything to right home about and I think that the Lady Grey quad actually swatched better than the Evil Eye quad. I even thought because I had lotion on it was because of that so I got a wipe cleaned up and swatched again and still was disappointed.

I told my favorite MA about my thoughts and she said she was underwhelmed and only got brushes and nailpolishes (she normally gets almost everything). She did tell me that the Cindy Sherman Collection was much better and she can't wait for it because she's already played with it.

They were missing a couple lipsticks and I liked Runaway Red and Prince Noir but not enough to get them...Maybe I will B2M for them on launch date...I'm not sure, it may just be me because I have so many reds already and a few purples...

Oh, if you have Root ccb, Take Root is so darn close to it, I really don't think you need both. i did think that the shadesticks were a little dry and the MA agreed with me and said that's why she didn't get any.

What I did get was:
-all of the fluidlines
-a few 226 brushes
-all of the nailpolishes
-seaside ccb
-carbonized
-outre

I think that was it...
If anyone wants me to, I will go back tomorrow after work and do some swatches if you really want but I think I will have to put a base under for the quads...maybe that will make a big difference? So just let me know if you want me to and I will go and do that.

Sadly...I think a lot of the stuff has been done before or they have something similar enough in the regular line. I mean most of the lipsticks you can get anytime by calling a pro store anyway...Sorry...I'm just a little disappointed...

What do you think of SS CCB and Carb e/s. Can you describe them a bit in more detail? Thanks.

katred

Specktra Bestie
When do we get that shiny, metallic pure deep black eyeshadow? I need it! Like right now! I won't stop this whining until we get it.

I stopped by our counter today. We don't get any collections in August here, but four in September!

You might want to check out the new Estee Lauder duo releases. There's a duo of a matte black and a super-shimmery black. Up close, I swear the shimmer is teal and green, but it looks like a metallic black shade.

liba

What I did get was:
-all of the fluidlines
-a few 226 brushes
-all of the nailpolishes
-seaside ccb
-carbonized
-outre
I wish I was in town to get a peek at the collection from my MA....

Could you talk a little bit about Carbonized, please? 'Seems like there are quite a few inquiring minds out there for this one.

PinkBasset

You might want to check out the new Estee Lauder duo releases. There's a duo of a matte black and a super-shimmery black. Up close, I swear the shimmer is teal and green, but it looks like a metallic black shade.

Estee Lauder hasn't usually met my standards with their eyeshadows, I think they lack pigmentation. Plus they put those stupid animal hair brushes in the duos and palettes! :/ I was so desperate for my dream black shadow, that I ordered a NYX black pearl pigment few days ago. I figured if I use a good black base, maybe that pigment on top could give the the sheen I need. We'll see, if not, it was only couple of pounds lost.

m0rg3nst3rn

I wish I was in town to get a peek at the collection from my MA....

Could you talk a little bit about Carbonized, please? 'Seems like there are quite a few inquiring minds out there for this one.
Carbonized was like this beautiful chocolate brown with sparkle to it, but not overtly so...hmm...describing is hard, lol. When I say chocolate I do mean the hershey bar kind of chocolate, I want to say the sparkle was of a cold looking color. It was really beautiful...now I am thinking I need two...

Seaside was a pink frosty kind of color. I do not have any ccbs like it and my MA agreed she hasn't seen any like it. As for CCBs I believe it is unique. I want to say it is a champagne type pink/peach color.

I really suck at describing things. I think I may have to go back for you guys tomorrow and swatch them after work so that they will be fresh when I photograph them.

elegant-one

That pink CCB looks beautiful!!! The swatch does not look frosty at all - they never are. And very cool, I love Root CCB so much that I'll Take Root
girlhaha.gif