MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

ansimi

I ordered Midnight Blues online, and already have Dark Diversion. I am considering going to my counter tomorrow to check out Dark Envy, Stunner, the Lady Grey quad and maybe Avenue. I will likely skip Dark Envy though since I have Shade. I read Stunner is sheer... Should I even bother? Midnight Blues is the one thing I couldn't live without... For those who have seen the collection, are the other items I am interested in worth a trip to the counter?
If it's not a big trip then the Lady Grey quad is worth checking out in person. One of the things I really like about it is how the colours blend together so that's something you can test in person.

If you have lots of blushes then you don't need Stunner. The other fluidlines are nice. I think you can get a pretty good impression of them based on swatch pictures and the textures are the same as other fluidlines with the same level of shimmer.

elegant-one

I really really LOVE how Avenue liner looks on! It has this very very beautiful tiny gold shimmer in it that is also like smashbox lust liner, but the shimmer/sparkle in Avenue is much finer & more subtle than Lust. The color of the deep rich brown shade is so perfect because it gives depth & sexiness to the eye without being too harsh or too light, Sometimes when they add shimmy to a liner, it will actually pale the color out in the light but Avenue is done with perfection.

HebrideanSprite

Yep, considering I'm on an island in the middle of nowhere I'm having my sister pick Midnight Blues up from the mac store near her before she comes down to the cottage. I'm hoping it will be there!

shontay07108

I really really LOVE how Avenue liner looks on! It has this very very beautiful tiny gold shimmer in it that is also like smashbox lust liner, but the shimmer/sparkle in Avenue is much finer & more subtle than Lust. The color of the deep rich brown shade is so perfect because it gives depth & sexiness to the eye without being too harsh or too light, Sometimes when they add shimmy to a liner, it will actually pale the color out in the light but Avenue is done with perfection.
Hi, Elegant. Long time, no chat. I'm going to act like I didn't just read this rave about Avenue. :whistle:

DL83

The Macy's counters and FSS in my area aren't taking any pre-orders for this collection. Luckily the Nordstrom I always do pre-orders with is. I was able to put all the items I wanted on hold including the 226. I'm probably going to stop by the mall first thing in the morning tomorrow to pick up a backup of the 226 though. After reading everyone's comments about Stunner, I'm wondering if I should cross that off my list. I'm NC30 and don't think it will show up very well on me.

HebrideanSprite

Quote: I really really LOVE how Avenue liner looks on! It has this very very beautiful tiny gold shimmer in it that is also like smashbox lust liner, but the shimmer/sparkle in Avenue is much finer & more subtle than Lust. The color of the deep rich brown shade is so perfect because it gives depth & sexiness to the eye without being too harsh or too light, Sometimes when they add shimmy to a liner, it will actually pale the color out in the light but Avenue is done with perfection.

Nooo! Don't tell me this! I've been wavering back and forth on Avenue! Can you show a picture with it on? I'd love to see it on the eyes to tell if I need this or not! (or you know if anyone else has the time/inclination to upload pics). Sounds lovely though.

Monsy

I am pretty sure it would not work on darker skin, i have no idea why would T say something like that.
Even though it is very sheer i needed a blush like that, something for every day when i dont have a lot of time for makeup, something easy and quick.

katred

Specktra Bestie
If it's not a big trip then the Lady Grey quad is worth checking out in person. One of the things I really like about it is how the colours blend together so that's something you can test in person.
If you have lots of blushes then you don't need Stunner. The other fluidlines are nice. I think you can get a pretty good impression of them based on swatch pictures and the textures are the same as other fluidlines with the same level of shimmer.
Totally agree here. I find that they make this lovely, subtly shifting hazy look around the eye.

shontay07108

Nooooo! Don't say that. I wanted the quad from the beginning, but I changed my mind right before the launch.
If you can, I'd give Stunner a try in person. I used a brush in store and put it on my hand and I was kind of shocked when it came out really bright- way more so than I was expecting. It sounds like others are having different experiences, but for my part, I didn't find it sheer at all.

Totally agree here. I find that they make this lovely, subtly shifting hazy look around the eye.

Ok. I'll give it a shot Friday or Saturday when I go to check out Take Root. :)

katred

Specktra Bestie

Yeah, saw that earlier. I imagine it's a supplier problem- not enough were made. But that's hardly an excuse. Mac are certainly large enough that they should be able to manufacture an adequate quantity. I have no idea what's going on with their supply chain this year.

elegant-one

Chanel Byzantin is much more Fuchsia pink based/brighter than Runaway Red. RR is red but def. leans a touch more pink red. When I think more true red, I think of Mac's Port Red or along those lines.

Alisha1

Chanel Byzantin is much more Fuchsia pink based/brighter than Runaway Red. RR is red but def. leans a touch more pink red. When I think more true red, I think of Mac's Port Red or along those lines.

Thanks :) I think I can skip RR then which is probably just aswell as I've yet to wear a red lip outside the house! I always wear Byzantin lightly so its not as intense
blush-anim-cl.gif

shontay07108

Elegant, I bought the Lagons quad and I love it! I posted pictures in the Sophisticated Eyes thread. Outre doesn't really look mustard to me. It seems really neutral. I think it could be pretty on you. I'm so curious, I think I might just try it out now instead of waiting until I have zero time and have to run out hating my makeup. And now, you got me checking out reviews for Avenue again. I do like liners in a pot. I have to see how it compares to Black Swan.

luvlydee

Thanks Shontay for posting the pics! hmm Outre does look like the double feature 4 i have already, but i already ordered Outre. Hopefully it has a lil bit more yellow. I wanna try putting Outre on my crease when i get it