MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Mac-Guy

thud.gif
Ahh, that sounds like something I would love. The new formulation of the ccbs sound great. Can't wait to get my order today.
Yes, you will definitely like it. Moleskin is also very easy to blend over Seaside.
love.gif

Mac-Guy

angelic.gif

Not saying you should buy it*, and I certainly won't give out grades for any product (we are not in high school anymore)
tease.gif
, but these combinations are worth checking out while you play with these goodies at the counter.

* this does not apply to elegant-one
flower.gif

elegant-one

angelic.gif

Not saying you should buy it*, and I certainly won't give out grades for any product (we are not in high school anymore)
tease.gif
, but these combinations are worth checking out while you play with these goodies at the counter.

flower.gif

Well ^THAT made my day
girlhaha.gif
bouquet.gif

freesiafc

Wanted to let all that wanted to get the 226 brush that doesn't have a store close to them know that Dillards, Macys, and Bloomindales has them up on their website. Oh and free shipping for Macys with a $50 purchase.

Prettypackages

LOL!!! Can I use a base under CCB if I wear it on my eyes?
angelic.gif

tease.gif

flower.gif

Mac-Guy

For me (normal lids), in past, it didn't make a big difference if I used a base (p/p) or not (with the old CCB's). If you can, try it out in a store and then do some shopping (or whatever you do to kill some time). If it will crease, it will be noticable rather fast. As I said, the new CCB's seem to dry down faster, and even with insane "Irene humidity," I don't experience much creasing.

powderprincess

I just got back from Mac. I got moleskin, creamy bisque <3, and carbonized. I also got the 226, which was very different than the one I have from the blond brunette redhead collection (first release). It was softer and less tapered. It reminded me of a mini 234. I also got the 211 and I think it will be a great brush for liner. Carbonized reminded me a lot of one of the peacocky colors (but I'm weak and had to have it).

hoshiakari_

Just went to my MAC counter and conquered. :D
I ended up buying:
Runaway Red
Prince Noir
Smoked Purple (didn't feel dry at all!)
Offshoot
Plum Fun
Carbonized
All four fluidlines
226 brush
MAC Vegas Volt (for my aunt who wants a coral-y lippie)

I swatched Stunner at the back of my hand but it disappeared, so that was a no buy for me.
Also swatched Lady Grey quad but somehow the colors didn't seem too pigmented, so I skipped that too.
I shall have to buy my mom something else for her birthday... maybe PP paint pots. :D

bronzedbeauty18

@ Mac-Guy-I picked up Street Cool this morning...I'm in love
@ Shontay-I put Creamy Bisque on hold, it's definitely worth having on NC50ish skin
@Engineer Barbie-Outre is a no go....my summer skin has an extreme red undertone and Outre is a complete clash. It has a chalky appearance
@ elegant one- I absolutely love Avenue; it's a perfect chocolate brown to me even though they say it's charcoal...

I put the following on hold for pickup after my makeover appointment:
Creamy Bisque
Carbonized
Avenue
Street Cool

I purchased Rebel this morning. I don't know why I didn't have this in my stash before. I love the berry color. I wanted to love Runway Red but it almost seemed a little patchy to me. I'm still deciding whether or not to purchase midnight blues.....Happy Hauling Everyone

QueenOfSnark

Yup, decided to just ignore this collection utterly as I have the NARS #12 and planned on getting some Hakuhodo brushes anyway...plus I think I can get a Carbonized dupe through the Pro Longwear eyeshadows with Styledriven. Drama avoided.
greengrin.gif

Swirlgirl

I am head over heels for Outre. I am wearing it today alone, blended into the crease and a little heavier at the outter corner. The only other thing I have n my eyes is brown e/l (MAC Powerpoint in Duck) and mascara. It is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! It really brings out the little flecks of yellow in my eyes and it is a one-and done shadow - - although I think it would play beautifully with other browns, golds, copper and plums. It makes my eyes pop without really noticing the eyeshadow itself. I wouldn't necessary call this a mustard color. There is more brown in it than that....more of a dijon mustard, if anything. I am considering a backup (which I never do for e/s).
(I'll try to compare it the NARS Indian Song/Indian Summer, whatever it is called tonight - although off-hand I would say the NARS color in that duo is more gold-yellow and less brown than the MAC one).

I am also loving both blushes - I used Equillibrium as more of a contour, under the cheekbones and then put Stunner on the apples and tops of the cheeks. As horribly as Stunner swatches, it is beautiful and pigmented on. I really love the combo of these 2 together. I will definitely get more use out of Equillibrium as the seasons change (this is going to be a great autumn color).

I am also definitely backing up Oh, Oh, Oh. Which shows a really pretty juicy plum on my lips (darker than I have seen in most swatches, but then again I'm pretty fair and I have naturally very pink lips). I wish the gold sheen was a tad more prevelant, but I love the color and texture. It is definitely the lustre version of O and backup worthy to me (but I am one of those girls who likes to keep my favorite lippies readily accessible in my purse, at home, at work, etc.)

I haven't played yet with the CCBs or other e/s, but I am loving these 4 pieces so far. Just from my initial impressions of the rest though, I think I am really going to like Take Root (if I can get it to behave - the color is really beautiful, but I am generally not a fan of CCBs - they crease on the eyes and don't play nicely with my oily skin), Moleskin - a perfect blending/transition eyeshadow color and Carbonized, which I think will also be another one-and-done type of color that will give a pretty brown smokey-ish eye all by itself.
This collection reminds me a lot of Spring Color Forecast with a lot of really wearable, season appropriate colors.
I'm very excited to get my other 2 packages. I want my fluidlines....I have a feeling Avenue will be better than I imagined!

LMD84

If you love nudes, try out Moleskin e/s over Seaside CCB. It gives you a great, fresh look - like 11 h sleep. It seems that the new CCB's dry down faster/better, which should help them to stay in place.
i think mac should thank you for the crazy amount of seaside and moleskin they are now going to sell!! hee hee! who doesn't want to look like that?!

Mac-Guy

Haha, they should thank me by designing a new train case :)

I think Moleskin will do very well, especially as there will be so many nude make up trends for Spring 2012, so it's nice to get a head start.

Kimmy13

I am so disappointed. I went to my mac store to buy the 226 and they didn't even get any in. oh well I guess I can live without another 226.

Mac-Guy

I am so disappointed. I went to my mac store to buy the 226 and they didn't even get any in. oh well I guess I can live without another 226.

Oh no. Was this a f/s store or a counter? Somebody posted earlier that Dillards, Macy's and Bloomies have now the 226, so if you want one, you might place an order there.

Latest posts