MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for posting :) Do we know the shade names yet? I rembember one name, something with 'honey' I think. Or at least the colour description of a new shade had 'honey' in it. So maybe it's the two old ones plus that one? I love Truth&Light, I should use it more often.

MACina

Thank you very much Allura
bouquet.gif

I am really happy that MAC will release more MCLPs because I love my Truth & Light very much.

LMD84

thank you very much! I shall look forward to this. i shall also put this as a colour story but will credit your site of course. :) looks like there are three powders this time. i shall buy another because i love truth and light so much!

LMD84

I passed on these with VV, but I definitely want to try one now! They look great.
yahoo.gif
generally i have only used mine as a highlighter on my cheeks. however i think that tomorrow i shall try using it all over my face. i went out into the sunlight with it on my hand and it's not as shimmery as i thought it would be in daylight. plus in the mac blurb they seem to be pushing this as a face powder rather than highlight powder so it is only right i should use it as they suggest right?!

Allura Beauty

I passed on these with VV, but I definitely want to try one now! They look great.
yahoo.gif

So did I. I felt unsure about what purpose they served because, like Lou said, they're not that shimmery on the face. They don't look like face powders (MSF style) but don't look exactly like highlighters... lol it's just confusing. But I'll try them this time around. Might be good all over for summer.

More photos of MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder Collection here

$200 Worth of Stila Giveaway

www.allurabeauty.com

LMD84

no problem at all! :) and i know a few of the uk ladies used the powder as an all over face powder! I should have listened to them months ago!

laylalovesmac

Yes, yes, yes- a million times yes! (sorry if that was overenthusiastic) This is the first year that I'm stoked for summer (maybe I'm just looking forward to my first year of college being over) but I definitely want luminous skin for the first time ever. Although, summer is hard to get through where I live (it was 96 degrees yesterday).

LMD84

Yes, yes, yes- a million times yes! (sorry if that was overenthusiastic) This is the first year that I'm stoked for summer (maybe I'm just looking forward to my first year of college being over) but I definitely want luminous skin for the first time ever. Although, summer is hard to get through where I live (it was 96 degrees yesterday).
i shall certainly let you know! have you ever tried the chanel loose powder? i only ask because i've been using it for a few weeks now and it doesn't make my skin look flat like most powders do! it's pretty cool!

liba

I use mine all over. It gives the face a glow/radiance that's what I'd call "jazzy" or "snazzy" or "lively" - it's subtle enough that it's not "dramatic", but it isn't 100% natural, as-if-you're-wearing-nothing, either.

The main thing is to not overapply it, which is kind of easy...it turns powdery if you do.

It's great for hiding pores and eliminating dullness, but if you want something along those lines but more natural, the new Careblend powder might be more up your alley. I love them both and was wearing Truth & Light almost daily until the Careblend came around. Now I wear that more since it's more casual than the MCLPs, but I think MCLP will be better in the summertime.

laylalovesmac

I use mine all over. It gives the face a glow/radiance that's what I'd call "jazzy" or "snazzy" or "lively" - it's subtle enough that it's not "dramatic", but it isn't 100% natural, as-if-you're-wearing-nothing, either.
The main thing is to not overapply it, which is kind of easy...it turns powdery if you do.

It's great for hiding pores and eliminating dullness, but if you want something along those lines but more natural, the new Careblend powder might be more up your alley. I love them both and was wearing Truth & Light almost daily until the Careblend came around. Now I wear that more since it's more casual than the MCLPs, but I think MCLP will be better in the summertime.
Completely sold just by that! Those are my biggest concerns when it comes to foundation. I may have to try Careblend eventually, too. And I still have to try MSFN. I should just do a gigantic powder haul one day. :p

LMD84

Completely sold just by that! Those are my biggest concerns when it comes to foundation. I may have to try Careblend eventually, too. And I still have to try MSFN. I should just do a gigantic powder haul one day. :p
oh yes, you need to try the msfn! they are awesome too!

JaiLeeP

Never tried this before but I think it would be something I would really like for summer!

BeautyByLele

When this came out with the VV collection I passed, but I think this time around I might give MCLP a chance.