MAC & Marcel Wanders - Luxe Couture Discussion

Susanne

Update!

MAC & Marcel Wanders - this will be the new couture collection by MAC released November 24th 2010 in the US and Canada and in December 2010 international.

972d67a3.jpg

cae13e18.jpg

Source: http://www.luckymag.com/blogs/luckyr...eams-up-w.html

More info to follow!

Visi

Ooooh Luxe Collection.. it sounds to me like some new eyeshadows with a lovely, luxurious finish (starflash?) and hopefully some lovely make up bags, not just little ones but something nice medium/large sized with a beautiful quilted look
smiles.gif

marusia

I'm guessing the packaging will be white and gold...that's what I think of when I hear luxe for some reason. I look forward to it though.
smiles.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
I'm guessing the packaging will be white and gold...that's what I think of when I hear luxe for some reason. I look forward to it though.
smiles.gif

Burgundy laquer and gold spells luxe to me, but white and gold sounds glamorous like an old 30's movie too!

marusia

With the Baroque Boudoir last year, I'd imagine you'd be more on target...white and silver is too similar to white and gold lol.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Luxe collection - this will be the new couture collection by MAC released November 24th 2010 in the US and Canada and in December 2010 international.

This collection is supposed to have special packaging again.

What are your hopes and wishes for this collection?

That it makes it to Sweden... Many times these couture collections don't.

LMD84

i am rarely impressed by these collections. crazy prices for no difference in product. that said i was highly tempted by the BB collection last year because of the packaging
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i am rarely impressed by these collections. crazy prices for no difference in product. that said i was highly tempted by the BB collection last year because of the packaging
smiles.gif

I feel the same! Unless it is something I HAVE to have, I will be skipping.

spunky

i can't say i'm interested in this one. the couture collections are, in my mind, overpriced and actually quite bland. and they seem to be lipsticks, lipglasses and those mystery powder compacts which never interest me much.

so unless the packaging for the powder compact is very pretty/sparkley i'll skip this one.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
Maybe this is the Marcel Wanders collection? seems to fit with couture.

i doubt it, we've already had product names for that one. it's going to be lipsticks and lipglasses apparently
yes.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I concur with those who are already planning to skip. I don't buy makeup for the packaging and the colours in these "deluxe" collections always seem dull. I know that they supposedly use higher grade ingredients, but I've never been able to see the difference. Unless something leaps forward this year, I'll be passing on this one.

tamarindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i can't say i'm interested in this one. the couture collections are, in my mind, overpriced and actually quite bland. and they seem to be lipsticks, lipglasses and those mystery powder compacts which never interest me much.

so unless the packaging for the powder compact is very pretty/sparkley i'll skip this one.

Yes, I'll probably also skip this collection... more money for the other collections
graucho.gif

trulynicole

These collections are pretty to look at but not good for the wallet. Mac has to really impress me to put my money on a $100 swarovski crystal powder compact that is super sheer. None the less I want to see some cute packaging!

Camnagem

I actually always look forward to this collection every year! The hubby gets me 1 or 2 items from it for my birthday and they become special to me for that and other reasons.
heart.gif

I really liked BB last year (LOVE my compact especially) and I look forward to more info and pics here!

LittleMaryJane

What's the deal with these couture collections? Why are they more? Just because they put "couture" in the name? How much more? I'm full of questions!

This is something mac-related I haven't learned yet
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
What's the deal with these couture collections? Why are they more? Just because they put "couture" in the name? How much more? I'm full of questions!

This is something mac-related I haven't learned yet
smiles.gif

Since they are supposed to be "high end" MAC, they are made with "better" quality ingrediants, spend more on packaging, and yeah i think its all a marketing scam and an excuse to slap "couture" on it and make us pay more! Sorry for all the quotes, i just think these collections are such BS! I have some of the lipglosses from some past collections and there is nothing psecial nor different about them compared to a regular lipglass!

While these collections have always been very pretty and i love the packaging, i don't think they ever live up to the hype. If MAC was smart, they would put all the past LE items we are dying for (Lightscapade MSF, Queen's Sin lipstick, etc.) in the special, expensive packaging and then that would be an even clever marketing ploy to bring us and make us spend more.

Opppssss ssshhhh let's not give them any ideas of raising costs!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky

I'm also voting for sparkly packaging!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
These collections are pretty to look at but not good for the wallet. Mac has to really impress me to put my money on a $100 swarovski crystal powder compact that is super sheer. None the less I want to see some cute packaging!

I want to see cute packaging, too, even though I will be skipping.
yes.gif