MAC matte shadow recs for me?

Brianne333

I know this isn't a unique request, but I'm hoping to get some opinions!

I have NC15 skin, green/grey eyes, auburn hair. I don't wear blues ever. I need recommendations for 10 matte shadows - pretend I currently have NO matte shadows! I am not interested in super vibrant colors like Chrome Yellow. However, they don't need to be entirely neutral either - I like purples and greens and pinks.

If you were going to make me a 10 pan palette of nothing but matte MAC shadows for my everyday use with a few nice accent colors to jazz it up... what would they be?

Thank you so much in advance! I am overwhelmed by my choices and can't get a boat load of them - I just want enough to have a nice selection that would suit my coloring when I want to do a matte look!

Shadowy Lady

How about:

Copperplate
Blanc Type
Poison Pen
Typography
Embark
Graphology
Post Haste (this is bright pink but you can wear it more sheer)

Mizz.Coppertone

The basic mattes u need are:
Carbon(black)
Espresso(dark brown)
Soft Brown(medium-light brown)

They'll help u create smokey eyes, great neutral eyes, and are fab as liners!
smiles.gif

revinn

Oh, you have almost the exact same coloring as me (I have blue-grey eyes, that's the only difference). Mattes are my favorite:
-Copperplate
-Blanc Type
-Gesso
-Omega (I fill in my brows with it)
-Samoa Silk
-Swiss Chocolate
-Pen N' Pink
-Typographic (I find Carbon has a strange texture and looks blue on me..so this is the perfect black, in my opinion)
-Flourishing
-Malt

Brianne333

Wonderful! Thanks so much for the suggestions
greengrin.gif
I hear good things about Copperplate a lot!

I appreciate the help!

User38

Copperplate, wedge, omega, shadowy lady, shale, brun, kid, soft brown, gesso, cement, carbon, yogurt
smiles.gif

moopoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
Carbon (deep black) and Espresso (deep brown). Must haves! ;D

I was thinking these before I even read the comments!

foxyqt

my favorite matte eyeshadows are:

Colors
- Blackberry
- Shale
- Fig. 1
- Juxt
- Newly Minted
- Girlie

Neutrals
- Embark
- Espresso
- Orb
- Cork

Brianne333

More great suggestions, thanks to you all!

I am DEFINITELY getting yogurt - it looks lovely and right up my alley. Also Espresso and Copperplate, and I'm still looking over the others and giving it some thought! I appreciate the help
smiles.gif

DirtyHarriet

gesso, soft brown, kid, swiss chocolate, fig 1, flourishing, copperplate, coral (pro), tete-a-tint (my fave!), symmetry, carbon

those are my fave mattes...

romi79_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne333
More great suggestions, thanks to you all!

I am DEFINITELY getting yogurt - it looks lovely and right up my alley. Also Espresso and Copperplate, and I'm still looking over the others and giving it some thought! I appreciate the help
smiles.gif

Yogurt has such a harsh texture... copperplate and poison pen are my next targets
yes.gif