MAC Middle Eastern Lipsticks Shade Extension Discussion (Fall 2012)

BuickMackane

I finally tried my Mehr lippie for the first time. When I opened the tube I was like: this is Mehr?! It looks different than how I expected. It's darker and less pink than in every swatch I've seen online (maybe it's my computer screen that made it look more pink??). I feel like it's almost red-brownish on me. So I'm a tiny bit disappointed in the color, just because it's different than I thought, but I will wear it and get used to it. The formula, though... AHmazing! It's my first 'new' matte, I haven't bought a MAC matte in a while, so this is my first one with the improved smoother formula. I luv it.
That pretty much sums up what I thought about it too. I haven't worn it yet though. Maybe it's one of those colours that look different on the tube than on the skin.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That pretty much sums up what I thought about it too. I haven't worn it yet though. Maybe it's one of those colours that look different on the tube than on the skin.
I guess it looks darker on me because I'm very pale, and it probably looks less pink on me because I have strong pink undertones and I often feel like that eliminates a pink hue in lip products when I wear them. Probably looks pinker on warmer/darker complexions.
On me it looks pretty close to how it looks in this arm swatch: Lady of the Lane: Stylishly Yours, Mickey Contractor & Cham Pale FotD & Swatches

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by Naynadine
I guess it looks darker on me because I'm very pale, and it probably looks less pink on me because I have strong pink undertones and I often feel like that eliminates a pink hue in lip products when I wear them. Probably looks pinker on warmer/darker complexions.
On me it looks pretty close to how it looks in this arm swatch: Lady of the Lane: Stylishly Yours, Mickey Contractor & Cham Pale FotD & Swatches

That's not too bad at all! I'll be a very happy bunny if it looks like that on me as well.

tats

Would you be willing to take a pic wearing it? I'd like to see it before buying it.
I don't know if this will be any help to you since I don't own mehr... and the reason why I didn't bother getting mehr is because it suppose to be similar to Brave, which I already have, I'm not sure how similar they are, but there might be a comparison somewhere on the internet... So here's me wearing Brave.. took me a long time to find this pic lol

PeachTwist

I don't know if this will be any help to you since I don't own mehr... and the reason why I didn't bother getting mehr is because it suppose to be similar to Brave, which I already have, I'm not sure how similar they are, but there might be a comparison somewhere on the internet... So here's me wearing Brave.. took me a long time to find this pic lol
Oh really? I didn't know they were meant to be similar! I already have Brave so if they are I won't need Mehr. Brave looks gorgeous on you by the way!

tats

Oh really? I didn't know they were meant to be similar! I already have Brave so if they are I won't need Mehr. Brave looks gorgeous on you by the way!
Thank you.. yeah it has been mentioned here and I've read about about that when researching mehr..))

martiangurll

Has anyone nc20 got yash?? I would love to see a swatch. I haven't had a chance to get to MAC counter to swatch it yet..
I am nc20 and yash is great on me. I can take a picture with my smart phone but not sure how to upload it here. If you can explain how, I am willing to give it a whirl. (i can do this with Mehr also) and I can compare Yash with my other nude lippies

Latest posts