MAC - Naturally Discussion

liba

thmbup.gif
yep, those tones do that to me too - of course
girlhaha.gif
I used to hate anything orange until last summer. I learned to embrace it. This Fall I wore orange t-shirts with menswear herringbone sienna pants with a burnt orange skinny belt. And, a dab of the warm orange-golden coppery glittery middle zipper strip in the MES (yes the zipper ya'll hate) just patted right above the iris in the middle of the lid. Love the color now.
I think the tech's gotten so much better with blush textures the past couple years, colors that weren't so wearable before are now pretty easy to deal with. Lord knows the MBs have transformed like a butterfly busting out of its cocoon.

'Love the sound of your orange ensemble! I've got a yellowish-orange v-neck top I've been wearing with everything this Fall - 'dreaming of a silky, burnt orange dress for the spring/summer.

SweetSarah

I wear a lot of orange eyeshadow. I should try an orange blush. Maybe not together, though.

But I can kind of envision Fresh Honey looking great with Pink Bronze pigment/Bronze eyeshadow on my eyes.

elegant-one

I think the tech's gotten so much better with blush textures the past couple years, colors that weren't so wearable before are now pretty easy to deal with. Lord knows the MBs have transformed like a butterfly busting out of its cocoon.

'Love the sound of your orange ensemble! I've got a yellowish-orange v-neck top I've been wearing with everything this Fall - 'dreaming of a silky, burnt orange dress for the spring/summer.

Oh, definitely. I agree about the MB. For me, I think the hallmark of a great blush is that it becomes part of your skin & makes you look good compared to a blush that sits on top of the skin. The difference between "oh your blush looks good" & "Oh you look good"
amuse.gif

Ah, thanks. Sharing the orange love :) A dress in silk in that color would be stunning.

Mac-Guy

I wear a lot of orange eyeshadow. I should try an orange blush. Maybe not together, though.

But I can kind of envision Fresh Honey looking great with Pink Bronze pigment/Bronze eyeshadow on my eyes.

Summer Haze MES will look great with Fresh Honey MB.
flower.gif

Mac-Guy

Oh, definitely. I agree about the MB. For me, I think the hallmark of a great blush is that it becomes part of your skin & makes you look good compared to a blush that sits on top of the skin. The difference between "oh your blush looks good" & "Oh you look good"
amuse.gif

Ah, thanks. Sharing the orange love :) A dress in silk in that color would be stunning.
girlhaha.gif

PixieDancer

I have never wanted a "dog turd" eyeshadow so badly! Thanks for the super-fantastic enabling Sir Mac-Guy! "You had me at hello!" winkwink

Do not copy or link any pictures or reviews to another blog or forum without my explicit permission!

Mac describes Twilight Fallsas a cool brown with bronze veining, which is pretty accurate. TW is my favorite MES from this collection due to (1) the texture; (2) the color pay-off; and (3) the coolness of the shade. It is a must-have for brown and taupe lovers, a definite check-it-out if you want a neutral with an oompf.

It seems that the MES formula has been improved again when I compare it with Semi-Precious or even the recent Glitter & Ice collection. The buttery feel of these MES is just amazing. Indeed, the texture of TW is very buttery and soft, making it very easy to apply. To get this smooth texture, I would avoid TW's that have larger chunks of bronze veining as these tend to be more gritty, though it is certainly manageable if you choose to get one with a lot of bronze veining.

TW's color pay-off is extraordinary as it is highly pigmented. Whereas the G&I collection featured much softer colors, TW has certainly an almost true-to-pan pay-off in terms of depth of the color. I only applied it dry (as I do with most of my MES), but I imagine it to be an extremely vibrant color when you foil it.

Admittedly, TW is not a looker in the pan as it looks very underwhelming and almost boring (think "dog turd" for the lack of a better description!). But its full potential comes to light when applied on the skin (dry), which brings out the cool undertones of the shade that lifts "brown" to another level by adding a subtle shimmer of blue and lavender to it (and bronze if you pick one with heavy bronze veining). Mind you, if you pick one with a lot of bronze veining, you will potentially loose some (or a lot) of the coolness. However, this option also makes this shade attractive to both NC and NW complexions.

If you are skeptical about wearing brown, you might want to try out this MES as it is certainly not your regular shade of brown.

Twilight Falls is the fifth one from the bottom (just next to Subtle Breeze).

PixieDancer

Don't spread this around... It doesn't say much about me! (hahahah) But honestly, thanks for the super reviews... Really helps me prepare my list! I find if I physically write down a list, I don't over-spend on collections. You ROCKKKKK!!!

Sure thing. The dog turd did the trick, hehehe
flower.gif

pemily

So I emailed Mac today in regards to the domed brush being discontinued and this was the response...
"Thank you for taking the time to email us at MAC Cosmetics Online. I am happy to assist you today!

At this time, the MAC #138 Domed Contour Brush is currently available and not listed on our current discontinued list. You can view/purchase this brush on our web site:
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/1694/138-Tapered-Face-Brush/index.tmpl

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know."

Very vague so my guess is yes!

missah

Mac-Guy, I've made a promise to myself to only get two products from each collection [iris aphel doesn't count!]. Which two products from this collection would you think is good for NC25 asian?
Thanks in advance:)

ahoythere

It is still online in the UK as well.....
Perhaps it is just being DCd in the US? Or the US first and then the other countries later? I remember that when all the colorful Liquidlast liners were long gone on the US site that they were still available in the UK. Now they are gone everywhere, but it took a while.

So if you want the 138, gobble it up while you can!

At this time, the MAC #138 Domed Contour Brush is currently available and not listed on our current discontinued list. You can view/purchase this brush on our web site:
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/1694/138-Tapered-Face-Brush/index.tmpl

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know."

Very vague so my guess is yes!

liba

It was rumored to be DC'ed in Germany - that was the start of all of this in this thread. Frankly, if everyone gets so terrified and starts buying them up, there's a better chance they're NOT going to be DC'ed.
NeedCoffee.gif
worms.gif

rubytitania

Twilight Falls looks lovely - definitely on my list! I really need to start using MES more. I have several ( Winterized, a few from Style Black, a few from Semi Precious and a few perm) but they just get neglected because I tend to automatically reach for my 15 pan palettes. I might try setting myself a little challenge to use a different MES every day for a week or something :) Apart from that, Sweet Sunrise lipstick and Early Morning MB sound like my kind of thing. I'm going to have to hold back a little on this collection though as there's lots I want from Daphne Guiness!