MAC @ Nordstrom vs freestanding MAC store

Hello ladies. I have an interview for the Mac counter inside of Nordstrom and I'm wondering if any of you know the answers to a few if my questions? 1. Do you get paid hourly at the Nordstrom Mac counter plus commission or only commission? I heard in Mac stores you get paid hourly. 2. Does anyone know if you get the same Mac employee discount if you work at a counter vs a freestanding Mac store? 3. Do counters provide you with brush belts and brushes? 4. How does pay/ returns/ and benefits differ between Mac counters and Mac stores? Thank you so much in advance. Marisa

Hello ladies, So I passed my phone interview and ill be doing my in person interview next Friday. The lady mentioned commission but said nothing about hourly. Does anyone know if you make hourly plus commission or has it changed? Do you have to do a demo I front of them? They didn't mention to bring anyone so what should I bring? Brushes??? Do they provide you with a brushes and belt? Thanks, Marisa

iShadow

4. How does pay/ returns/ and benefits differ between Mac counters and Mac stores?
In a nutshell, there are three different positions you're talking about here. Working for MAC Nordstrom, working for a MAC counter and working for a freestanding store.

Nordstrom is the oddball of the group. I'm 95% sure your paycheck comes from Nordstrom, not MAC/Lauder. You have to cross-sell between MAC and other lines. A perk, at least in my region, is that the trainers hangout at Nordies for the Anniversary Sale which is cool. :)