MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

ohsoamazin

Actually, they never restocked OD and SoG last year so I didn't expect them to restock the compacts but they did.

They did do a restock for SoG like 2 or 3 times that's how I was able to grab it and I was a late late one lol. I got it around the second week of November. Idk about a OD restock I was lucky to get from someone selling it for $45 on IG. So that's why I knew customer service was lying or didn't know of an upcoming restock because they said the same last year. But I really hope MAC does the 25% off sale for the holiday collection again. I have a feeling the Black Friday/Cyber Monday for makeup this is going to be crazy so I'm trying to save until then.

lipstickaddict

Thanks for the tag. By the time I saw my email this morning, Sweet Copper was sold out! Contemplating Peach now though

The peach face palette is absolutely gorg! It would look beautiful on your complexion. I've been loving it- both the blush and highlight are stunning

Kaidan

I ordered the peach face palette during the restock yesterday by chance but the copper face palette quickly sold out. I've been wanting to try At Dusk for a while, so this was a great opportunity to try it. I resigned on WoG, lmao heck I've yet to ever see it in person since its first launch.

I saw the collection at the Mac Macy's store during the weekend and I still find the packaging so over the top blah bleh. My little sister liked the giant Nutcracker dolls surrounding the place, and liked one of the mini lipstick sets. The mini lipstick sets are so small! D: I still want the nude mini lipstick set because of Nouvelle Vogue, but I want Mac to do a sale before I pull the trigger on that. The mauve/plum eye set looks great though, however I didn't like the mascara but I could give that to my mom, so no biggie. I didn't see the face palettes anywhere so they must have sold out during the store launch. The lipsticks are ok, but so dupable. The eye shadows are nice too, but a little too pricy for my liking. I forgot to swatch the face powders, so I have no idea how they are, but I might skip them along with the rest of the Mac winter collections (sorry Mariah) because I want a lot stuff from Sephora, H&M, Zara, and that NES mini console launch on Nov. 11. :p Holidays are such a money drainer, lol.

filio

Swatches

IMAG0659.jpg

On top WoG /bottom OD

There is hardly any sunshine :( but the difference is that OD is brighter/more pigmented en WoG has bronzed/peach undertones.

I wore OD yesterday and had to blend in to my skin so it wasnt as stark and with WoG I was a bit more blendeble.

My copper compact came with an extra piece it didnt breake and design was intact but the piece that came extra I put it on top of OD.

View attachment 57233

The extra piece ( i couldnt add a circle because im on me phone..) WoG looks exacly the same as OD

MissTania

The peach face palette is absolutely gorg! It would look beautiful on your complexion. I've been loving it- both the blush and highlight are stunning

I am glad it has your seal of approval! I just ordered it from MAC USA after waiting for the launch here and seeing the price was $99 (AUD). Just ridiculous and had I known I would have ordered the Sweet Copper from the US when it was available. I got the red lip bag too (again, $99 here) and 3 lipsticks (Flamboyish, Saucy Little Darling & So Good for You). I will check out the Magic Dust Powders in person as the price is similar here (after conversion).

lipstickaddict

I am glad it has your seal of approval! I just ordered it from MAC USA after waiting for the launch here and seeing the price was $99 (AUD). Just ridiculous and had I known I would have ordered the Sweet Copper from the US when it was available. I got the red lip bag too (again, $99 here) and 3 lipsticks (Flamboyish, Saucy Little Darling & So Good for You). I will check out the Magic Dust Powders in person as the price is similar here (after conversion).

Wow! Totally ridiculous! Unbelievable prices! So glad you can order from the US. You will love the peach palette. The packaging is super Christmasy and a bit kitschy, but it's fun and the product is stellar. Yayyyyyy!!!!

MissTania

Wow! Totally ridiculous! Unbelievable prices! So glad you can order from the US. You will love the peach palette. The packaging is super Christmasy and a bit kitschy, but it's fun and the product is stellar. Yayyyyyy!!!!

I was floored, I would have expected it to be at least twice the price but not $99. I think it will be my only item in the packaging so it will be nice to have something colourful and patterned! It looks really gorgeous - do you think it is BU worthy? I don't think I am willing to pay $99 for Sweet Copper as I have little interest in the blush and many HL's already even though I would love WoG. Of course I added Chanel Rosewood blush and some Laura Geller highlighters (powders and sticks) to my Nordies order too:secret::five::twirl:

Corally

MAC NL is getting slower and slower. I just received the shipping confirmation of the 2nd order I placed last Thursday, and it hasn't even been shipped yet. I used to receive orders on Tuesday (so today). Ever since they switched from PostNL to UPS shipping has been slow AF (and now even slower), so annoying. And I haven't even received the shipping notification of the first order I placed? Should I worry? Because there's hours between the first and 2nd order. Also no tracking number for it on the MAC site. Never placed two orders on one day before but I find this strange.

Last edited:

filio

MAC NL is getting slower and slower. I just received the shipping confirmation of the 2nd order I placed last Thursday, and it hasn't even been shipped yet. I used to receive orders on Tuesday (so today). Ever since they switched from PostNL to UPS shipping has been slow AF (and now even slower), so annoying. And I haven't even received the shipping notification of the first order I placed? Should I worry? Because there's hours between the first and 2nd order. Also no tracking number for it on the MAC site. Never placed two orders on one day before but I find this strange.

I havent heard anything no shipping confirmation no tracking number on the site but its shipped? and UPS sucks! they dont ring my bell they leave a post with I have to pick it up and the pick up location isnt even close to me...

Corally

I havent heard anything no shipping confirmation no tracking number on the site but its shipped? and UPS sucks! they dont ring my bell they leave a post with I have to pick it up and the pick up location isnt even close to me...

It's never shipped when it just says shipped when there isn't a tracking number next to it. Both my orders said 'shipped' for days. And only today I received my tracking number for my 2nd order (and only the shipping label has been made -_-). That's why I'm worried about the first. And I hate UPS too! They ring the bell but they're gone so fast, I always have to run to the door and sometimes even then they're already in their truck. :doh: And they're sooooo slow too. And you never know when they're at your door because they don't have time blocks. I really hate MAC for switching to UPS because I LOOOVE PostNL. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper for MAC to ship with UPS but I can't imagine any customers being happy with this change.

filio

It's never shipped when it just says shipped when there isn't a tracking number next to it. Both my orders said 'shipped' for days. And only today I received my tracking number for my 2nd order (and only the shipping label has been made -_-). That's why I'm worried about the first. And I hate UPS too! They ring the bell but they're gone so fast, I always have to run to the door and sometimes even then they're already in their truck. :doh: And they're sooooo slow too. And you never know when they're at your door because they don't have time blocks. I really hate MAC for switching to UPS because I LOOOVE PostNL. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper for MAC to ship with UPS but I can't imagine any customers being happy with this change.

I dont like the fact that the marked shipped when but usually when my order says shipped I get a track and trace the next day but is saying shipped for several days thats just anoying. But I saw the UPS postmen once when I was standing outside (I live in a flat) saw the postmen step out of his car and put a note in my mailbox and drive away didnt ring at all and my last order I was home looked at my track and trace and said that ups missed me... Im really missing Postnl with their second day delivery and actually ringing the doorbell (I also like DHL delivery).

jackiegeee

I'm having the worst luck with this collection. When my Sweet Copper order got cancelled by Nordstrom, I ordered Sweet Peach from Saks because they had 10% back on ebates and it was still OOS on MAC's site. This was a couple of days ago and I just got a cancellation notice from Saks. :( Fortunately it was still in stock on MAC's site, plus there's that prep code which is nice. Hopefully I actually get it this time!

filio

I was floored, I would have expected it to be at least twice the price but not $99. I think it will be my only item in the packaging so it will be nice to have something colourful and patterned! It looks really gorgeous - do you think it is BU worthy? I don't think I am willing to pay $99 for Sweet Copper as I have little interest in the blush and many HL's already even though I would love WoG. Of course I added Chanel Rosewood blush and some Laura Geller highlighters (powders and sticks) to my Nordies order too:secret::five::twirl:
That price is almost double the price compared to ours :eek: glad you coud order from US I like the packaging aswell :)

MissTania

I'm having the worst luck with this collection. When my Sweet Copper order got cancelled by Nordstrom, I ordered Sweet Peach from Saks because they had 10% back on ebates and it was still OOS on MAC's site. This was a couple of days ago and I just got a cancellation notice from Saks. :( Fortunately it was still in stock on MAC's site, plus there's that prep code which is nice. Hopefully I actually get it this time!

I placed my Sweet Peach order via MAC USA's site a few hours before you posted and it has shipped already (2nd day shipping)! I hope yours does too!

MissTania

That price is almost double the price compared to ours :eek: glad you coud order from US I like the packaging aswell :)

I hope your order/s arrive safe and sound - it sounds like an ordeal with UPS for you:shocked:. I am happy to hear the price wasn't too bad for you:D! I try to avoid ordering from the US too often because I have to spend a lot to justify the parcel forwarding cost and stock up on things I can't get here too to make it worthwhile. I still just can't imagine spending $99 AUD on something that costs $35 USD though:scratch::storm:.

Last edited:

Corally

I dont like the fact that the marked shipped when but usually when my order says shipped I get a track and trace the next day but is saying shipped for several days thats just anoying. But I saw the UPS postmen once when I was standing outside (I live in a flat) saw the postmen step out of his car and put a note in my mailbox and drive away didnt ring at all and my last order I was home looked at my track and trace and said that ups missed me... Im really missing Postnl with their second day delivery and actually ringing the doorbell (I also like DHL delivery).

What a mess :/ Did you receive a shipping notification yet? I still haven't for my first one (and still no tracking number on the site), the tracking for my 2nd order still says that the shipping label has been made so it still hasn't shipped. I emailed them about my first order yesterday, just in case you know, but I think MAC is just taking their sweet time with this collection -___-

filio

What a mess :/ Did you receive a shipping notification yet? I still haven't for my first one (and still no tracking number on the site), the tracking for my 2nd order still says that the shipping label has been made so it still hasn't shipped. I emailed them about my first order yesterday, just in case you know, but I think MAC is just taking their sweet time with this collection -___-

Nope I havent heard anything and no track and trace I might call them since email costumerservice isnt very helpfull. if they havent sent it out I'll just cancel and order from bijenkorf or douglas. My last order from mac they used UPS awell but it came from Germany is that the new standard?