MAC Opulash Optimum Black Discussion

LMD84

Who else will be buying this version of Opulash? It's one of the two mascaras from MAC that I actually like so I will be trying it out! :)

dancepig

I have never been a big fan of MAC Mascara, prefer other brands, but I am going to try this one. I'm intrigued by the 15 hour claim.

LMD84

i'll be buying this when it comes to the uk because my current opulash is coming to the end of it's life!

GlamQueen21

I will be buying this mascara since the 15 hour wear got me. This will be my first MAC mascara purchase within 3 years of not purchasing another one.

Haven

I am not going to get it. Periodically MAC sucks me into buying a mascara b/c its "revolutionary" or green, and I always regret it. I am not a fan of MAC mascaras at all.

krs18

i've never been impressed with the fastblack/boldblack/optimum balck formulas they put out. i'll stick with the originals- i find the darker carbon pigment tends to make the formula a little sticky

LMD84

i've never been impressed with the fastblack/boldblack/optimum balck formulas they put out. i'll stick with the originals- i find the darker carbon pigment tends to make the formula a little sticky
oh i did not know that. i shall have to read some reviews before buying. a sticky mascara would be quite weird and i guess have a longer dry time too?

martiangurll

Anyone try this yet?
poke.gif

PonDe

I just bought the Opulash Optimum today. My 1st Mac mascara...after being a Mac fan for years. Its darker ( in terms of a deeper black colour ) as compared to the original Opulash.The wand is huge probably not suitable for the lower lash.I tried a layer of it after leaving the store,there wasnt any smudging after about 8hours though its not stated as a waterproof mascara. I do not have oily lids so am not sure if it will smudge on others whose lids are oily.

I will try to wear about 2 - 3 coats of it next time and will review again if necessary?

Alittle out of topic but I bought the pressed compact version of prep & prime finishing powder and have to say Mac should have produced this compact version long time ago.its much easier for touch ups,pretty slim compact casing & less flyaways

bouquet.gif

LMD84

I just bought the Opulash Optimum today. My 1st Mac mascara...after being a Mac fan for years. Its darker ( in terms of a deeper black colour ) as compared to the original Opulash.The wand is huge probably not suitable for the lower lash.I tried a layer of it after leaving the store,there wasnt any smudging after about 8hours though its not stated as a waterproof mascara. I do not have oily lids so am not sure if it will smudge on others whose lids are oily.

I will try to wear about 2 - 3 coats of it next time and will review again if necessary?

Alittle out of topic but I bought the pressed compact version of prep & prime finishing powder and have to say Mac should have produced this compact version long time ago.its much easier for touch ups,pretty slim compact casing & less flyaways

bouquet.gif
awesome! i am pleased you are enjoying the opulash! and yeah the brush is pretty big! i have the normal version and it is difficult to use on the bottom lashes as you say.

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette - todays specktra blog post :)

berryjuicy

I went ahead and ordered it and will try to post before/after pics when I get it - although I have pretty full lashes already. I watched a YT video last night where a lady (using the original version) used it on her bottom lashes by using the wand vertically instead of horizontally and just tapping her bottom lashes. It turned out nice.

dancepig

I finally received my Opulash Optimum. I wore it yesterday and today. I can't say it makes the volume of my lashes any better, not compared to my Dior, but it does hold up and not flake or migrate, even after 12 hours. I am going to try this over the Dior tomorrow to see if I can get more volume that way. Other than the volume issue, it seems to be a nice Mascara. And, even though it is a bit sticky at the time of application, after several hours it is not "crunchy" and it came off easily in the shower.