MAC Opulash Optimum Black Discussion

LMD84

I finally received my Opulash Optimum. I wore it yesterday and today. I can't say it makes the volume of my lashes any better, not compared to my Dior, but it does hold up and not flake or migrate, even after 12 hours. I am going to try this over the Dior tomorrow to see if I can get more volume that way. Other than the volume issue, it seems to be a nice Mascara. And, even though it is a bit sticky at the time of application, after several hours it is not "crunchy" and it came off easily in the shower.
that's good. i find the normal version very hard to remove!

PonDe

As promised another review of the mascara after 2nd use.I find that it does a decent job with volumnisning not wowing but ok ( I've got long but sparse lashes ) but today I find the application alittle on the dry side which caused alittle fall out.The brush is very big and to angle the wand right to get the corner lashes you need to be very careful.

It will be good for those who usually only use 1 layer of mascara. For the price,its unlikely I will repurchase because there are drugstore ones which works better

hope this helps

berryjuicy

I got the mascara yesterday and tried it on this morning. Can't say that I'm impressed with it. I used one coat. My lashes have a slight curl to them so when I get a good mascara they curl up nicely. I don't use an eyelash curler. This mascara didn't give them that lift. It usually takes 2-3 different uses for me to decide. Right now I like Haute and Naughty more than this. But I will be back to update.

LMD84

i bought this mascara a couple of days ago and i really like it. but i guess i am a big fan of the original one. the mascara makes my lashes look longer and they are definately very black :) i also feel like it doesn't give my lashes the crispy feeling that the original one gives - there is a slight crispyness but nothing major. also as another member said this is very easy to get off. which is great because the original was very hard to remove!

Pinkdollface

i bought this mascara a couple of days ago and i really like it. but i guess i am a big fan of the original one. the mascara makes my lashes look longer and they are definately very black :) i also feel like it doesn't give my lashes the crispy feeling that the original one gives - there is a slight crispyness but nothing major. also as another member said this is very easy to get off. which is great because the original was very hard to remove!
Sounds good! I'm also a fan of the original, so i will try this. But first i need to finish the two mascara's that i recently got and tomorrow i will get another mascara from my birthday and i will finish that one first as well.

LMD84

Sounds good! I'm also a fan of the original, so i will try this. But first i need to finish the two mascara's that i recently got and tomorrow i will get another mascara from my birthday and i will finish that one first as well.
yup always a good idea to finish what you already have! otherwise they would sit and go dry :( and it's your birthday tomorrow?!
happybirthday.gif
for tomorrow!

DILLIGAF

I just bought the Opulash Optimum today. My 1st Mac mascara...after being a Mac fan for years. Its darker ( in terms of a deeper black colour ) as compared to the original Opulash.The wand is huge probably not suitable for the lower lash.I tried a layer of it after leaving the store,there wasnt any smudging after about 8hours though its not stated as a waterproof mascara. I do not have oily lids so am not sure if it will smudge on others whose lids are oily.

I will try to wear about 2 - 3 coats of it next time and will review again if necessary?

Alittle out of topic but I bought the pressed compact version of prep & prime finishing powder and have to say Mac should have produced this compact version long time ago.its much easier for touch ups,pretty slim compact casing & less flyaways

bouquet.gif

You use so much less product with the compact. You're right MAC should have done this eons ago!

PonDe

DILLIGAF : ya! less mess less product wastage!
cheerleader.gif
but I'm officially not loving the Opulash Optimum,it'll be going to the Back to Mac bin soon
puke.gif