mac pigment look alike

bebs

tried them once when looking for a dc'ed mac pigment.. and then got it.. IMO they are not the same and would spend more, and price wise... hmm you can try to have somebody do a cp for you.

wildesigns

I have about 80 Sweetscents micas & just about as many MAC pigments. The 2 are very different in texture by far. If you've ever tried Bare Escentuals Glimmers, the Sweetscents have the same texture as those, IMO. They do have gorgeous shades but they definitely need a strong base and work far better when applied wet or else they tend to be quite sheer and can have more of a "wash" effect. I prefer the MAC, but I do enjoy the Sweetscents. Just not as any kind of substitute. There aren't any additives, just straight up mica and mineral stuff. Very loose, dusty texture. Hope this helps.

glittergoddess27

I have tried Pure Luxe and found them to be very good,.. Also,.. you can try www.truecolors.com really good pure mica,..there is no talc in these and so they are a bit dusty but beautiful, you get them in singles, 5 stacks, or 8 stacks of varied colors.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
tried them once when looking for a dc'ed mac pigment.. and then got it.. IMO they are not the same and would spend more, and price wise... hmm you can try to have somebody do a cp for you.

Depends on which color from which company you get. SS tends to be more like MAC than PL which I am not as fond of. Depends on the color though.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildesigns
I have about 80 Sweetscents micas & just about as many MAC pigments. The 2 are very different in texture by far. If you've ever tried Bare Escentuals Glimmers, the Sweetscents have the same texture as those, IMO. They do have gorgeous shades but they definitely need a strong base and work far better when applied wet or else they tend to be quite sheer and can have more of a "wash" effect. I prefer the MAC, but I do enjoy the Sweetscents. Just not as any kind of substitute. There aren't any additives, just straight up mica and mineral stuff. Very loose, dusty texture. Hope this helps.

Again it depends on the color. MAC has pigments that are worse than Sweetscents, IMO. Dark soul, fairylite, kelly, emerald, acid orange, bright coral, provence, - that is all I can think of right off.

Sweetscents in many colors is better than those. Other colors are worse.

Some of SS colors are better than MAC- Satin Slipper being one of them that I can think of right off.

It depends on the color- just like MAC has many different textures, so does SS.

Some SS are very light and powdery and I am not fond of, but many of them are as good as MAC or better, depending on what colors you are comparing.

alysia

buy samples? it's cheaper & you can try out more colours
greengrin.gif

AriannaErin

For the PureLuxe.. I adore the colors I got, and with a nice base and blended together with some regular shadows and pigments they stay on ok. But I find once I pack them on or apply them alone, then go to blend them, it just sort of brushes it away....
ssad.gif

coffeesky

I know some people who use www.lilylolo.co.uk for pigment type products, they're under there as Eye Shadows but it does say you can use them for most things. You can order samples as well and certainly within the UK the shipping is cheap, I'm not sure about postage out of the UK though.

Shimmer

they can be, depending on the color. Their copper is very similar to copper sparkle.
The true colors are soooooffffttt pigments...they don't seem to cling as well as the MAC ones do.
Mahya makes really pretty pigments, that stick around also. They're, as I said with the TC ones, not as clingy as the MAC but they've got some GORGEOUS colors.
Also Elementals makes some really pretty shades that MAC doesn't have out right now. Again, they're soft, but they also have some rich colors out.
smiles.gif

HtH

kristiawati

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
they can be, depending on the color. Their copper is very similar to copper sparkle.
The true colors are soooooffffttt pigments...they don't seem to cling as well as the MAC ones do.
Mahya makes really pretty pigments, that stick around also. They're, as I said with the TC ones, not as clingy as the MAC but they've got some GORGEOUS colors.
Also Elementals makes some really pretty shades that MAC doesn't have out right now. Again, they're soft, but they also have some rich colors out.
smiles.gif

HtH

Hello Shimmer,
May I have the www address from elementals, please?
I've just bought a few color from SS & TC. I'd love to try a few from elementals.
Thank you

velvet

i ordered some taylormade samples. they are only $1 each (come in plastic jars) and they dont charge shipping for samples.
i'll let you know what i think
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiawati
Hello Shimmer,
May I have the www address from elementals, please?
I've just bought a few color from SS & TC. I'd love to try a few from elementals.
Thank you

You can get them on ebay...a friend of mine got hers there and she loved them, so I grabbed a few.
smiles.gif

asnbrb

I like the MUFE loose powder/pigments. There's the blue one which is ALMOST like RR Blue but it's more on the shimmery/turquoise/greeny side which I love. It goes with the white one that shimmers turquoise and green.